Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 972770 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #7785 on: February 20, 2014, 04:27:54 pm »

bitch, I'm a chemist, and I'd like to see what kinda clothes she has on that contain no carbon. Glass wool?

Steel threads? Asbestos? Most synthetic fabrics are based on petroleum products, right?

Tangential Fact: Neferis's clothes and wig are completely made out of mineral fibres. You guys might want to check yourselves for lung cancer eventually...

Actually, if they're based on petrolium, then they'd be organic by both definitions, as petrolium originated from the remains of animals and is composed of carbon :P
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: February 20, 2014, 04:28:23 pm »

bitch, I'm a chemist, and I'd like to see what kinda clothes she has on that contain no carbon. Glass wool?

Steel threads? Asbestos? Most synthetic fabrics are based on petroleum products, right?

Tangential Fact: Neferis's clothes and wig are completely made out of mineral fibres. You guys might want to check yourselves for lung cancer eventually...

Actually, if they're based on petrolium, then they'd be organic by both definitions, as petrolium originated from the remains of animals and is composed of carbon :P
This shit is made from her tears of being unable to be given a hug, the poor girl.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: February 20, 2014, 04:29:47 pm »

That's why I'm asking. Must have been rather uncomfortable for her until they found something useful and non-cancerous.

EDIT: I also guess that she can never get sick or anything like that. Lucky bastard...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: February 20, 2014, 04:30:32 pm »

Oh, look, another person for Lyle to stay the fuck away from.
Black lives matter.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: February 20, 2014, 04:31:06 pm »

That's why I'm asking. Must have been rather uncomfortable for her until they found something useful and non-cancerous.

Or she could be played as a nudist due to her powers and just not give a fuck, eternally teasing Kyle with the worst STD ever.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: February 20, 2014, 04:33:01 pm »

Or she could be played as a nudist due to her powers and just not give a fuck, eternally teasing Kyle with the worst STD ever.

It'll take Kyle approximately 10 seconds to develop a full-body condom. :P

Way ahead of you here.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: February 20, 2014, 04:37:04 pm »

This was actually one of the biggest problems with writing this character and I'm still not entirely sure how to get around it. I did think Abestos to start with but that's not exactly safe to wear, in the end I decided it would probably be best that the clothing be made of some kind of metal. I'm still not entirely sure though so I'm open to any suggestions.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: February 20, 2014, 04:42:20 pm »

picture, an organic compound by your definition. which is simply wrong. if you cared to check the wikipedia article for more than the first few lines, you'll see that it also mentions that "the distinction is ...arbitrary". in actual practise, it's a question of structure and reactivity much more complex than "does it contain carbon". anyone who declares malachite to be an organic compound will quickly be laughed at. please do not quote wikipedia as a fact against common sense. no matter the carbon content, steel doesn't share any similarity with actual organic compounds

Kansa, a suggestion, just stick to rot as in biological rot, not just decay in general. for instance plastics first and foremost just break down into smaller and smaller pieces - it stays plastic nonetheless, until sunlight and some really aggressive stuff actually takes it apart. while you could say yes, that is decay, note how that is a *lot* slower than actual biological stuff decaying. you might very well say yes, she rots plastic too, however much much slower, so she has to throw out new clothes after a week or so before they actually fall apart.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: February 20, 2014, 05:01:04 pm »

How about people she touches rot and die?
Rot like, for example, zombies.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: February 20, 2014, 05:10:15 pm »

This was actually one of the biggest problems with writing this character and I'm still not entirely sure how to get around it. I did think Abestos to start with but that's not exactly safe to wear, in the end I decided it would probably be best that the clothing be made of some kind of metal. I'm still not entirely sure though so I'm open to any suggestions.
I'd probably alter your power to magically-targeted decay of living organics, period. Or hell, change it to involuntary transmutation.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: February 20, 2014, 05:16:58 pm »

Not related to Kansa's character (probably) but I did feel the need to ask

Can I establish the Johnson line to be normally involved with evil? (whether fighting or doing)
Just because vigilante assassins family/magical thing stopping force is awesome.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: February 20, 2014, 05:18:13 pm »

As long as it doesn't contradict earlier information it should be fine.
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: February 20, 2014, 05:18:26 pm »

it's ROTMG, canon is whatever you like, as long as Elf is looking away
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: February 20, 2014, 05:19:51 pm »

So Lyle having a mile-long weiner is canon?
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: February 20, 2014, 05:20:19 pm »

If it's a wiener it's getting cut off.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1030