Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970694 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #13500 on: May 08, 2014, 04:38:31 pm »

Well okay, someone learned there was a mysterious waif who may or may not be Mana Incarnate. At some point. I remember this happening. :P

-Puts a hand over Twi's mouth- Shhhhh Spoilers.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13501 on: May 08, 2014, 04:40:48 pm »

It was in the thread though. You haven't actually told me the nature of Mana Incarnate. :P

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13502 on: May 08, 2014, 04:41:43 pm »

Was it that asian girl that kept hitting on Will?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13503 on: May 08, 2014, 04:47:29 pm »

for an order that still fights with swords and wears armor, these jets look mighty futuristic. I see no flying horses, no windmills, nothing
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13504 on: May 08, 2014, 04:48:51 pm »

for an order that still fights with swords and wears armor, these jets look mighty futuristic. I see no flying horses, no windmills, nothing

also see Marie's comment :P

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13505 on: May 08, 2014, 04:50:08 pm »

Heh, The Order's weapons and armor are actually pretty advanced weaponry. All made of the same Demon plating as the jets.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13506 on: May 08, 2014, 04:50:48 pm »

so blades like ICARUS uses them?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13507 on: May 08, 2014, 04:51:06 pm »

[Hypocrisy intensifies], though.

Like seriously, not even pretending to use airfoils... :P

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13508 on: May 08, 2014, 04:54:46 pm »

so blades like ICARUS uses them?

Pretty much.

[Hypocrisy intensifies], though.
Like seriously, not even pretending to use airfoils... :P

They had years to perfect it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13509 on: May 08, 2014, 04:59:25 pm »

If those guys can actually power these things for more than 30 seconds without being huge as clunky, they should rule the world by now by the pure technological advantage alone

also ARGH, this is why we got a distraction guys. Like this we take the brunt of their force

also, don't fight them on a boat, that's a huge target moving in a predictable way. This is why I opted to attack them in the air, instead of from the ground, attacking a human sized target mid-air is hella difficult (possibly roll penalties?))
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:02:39 pm by Akroma »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13510 on: May 08, 2014, 05:01:57 pm »

Spoiler: Sanure has requested that I provide Deus ex Spooky. However, I still barely even have stats for spooky. I believe her Dex is 30, her Con is 20, and her attack and damage values are horrific. That's about it. :P

I may provide deux ex Brazilian ground-based AA instead. :P

Also, Spooky is not really suitable for taking on fighters. She's a gunship, after all.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:10:11 pm by Twi »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13511 on: May 08, 2014, 05:13:53 pm »

As they should.
No, I mean the "this makes no sense" kind.

I never did say that did I?
If he has knowledge or access that you implied didn't exist, I will be so mad at you. Especially if it's stuff that would have been helpful.

Was it that asian girl that kept hitting on Will?
And here I thought that was just a bit of flavor stuff. Especially since Sanure didn't want to RP their interactions. Or define them very much.

also, don't fight them on a boat, that's a huge target moving in a predictable way. This is why I opted to attack them in the air, instead of from the ground, attacking a human sized target mid-air is hella difficult (possibly roll penalties?))
Negated by the guns being pretty good at hitting small, fast-moving targets, and also by there being ten fighters to a unit.

((5 bombers and ICARUS, Kyle...those are the guaranteed fliers. Then we have Winries technomancy which, if used more aggressively might also take out a bomber, then we may or may not have Stella because abscence, and we may or may not have HILDA, Alucard on the Karakil, Bartimaeus and Ashley. Looks doable, as long as you do something realistic, and not "well, 30 fighters attack you all at the same time, you are teh ded", and they actually stop firing according to my plan of using their own bombers as shields))
1. A large number of fighters firing at you would be realistic, since they have a hundred and change. So would death caused by a large number of fighters shooting at you.
2. You forgot Nuriel.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13512 on: May 08, 2014, 05:17:24 pm »

this is an air battle, people need to actually position themselves to fire at a flying unit, that btw is not even 1/20th of their size, and a whole lot more agile than a huge lumbering jet. they need to watch out not to hit eachother with the guns, and not to bump into eachother either, and most importantly need to actually keep an overview over what is actually happening. their numbers are their disadvantage, as it supremely helps actually using their allies as cover.

edit: oh and damnit, no ICARUS unit in south amerika...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:20:43 pm by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13513 on: May 08, 2014, 06:15:36 pm »

this is an air battle, people need to actually position themselves to fire at a flying unit, that btw is not even 1/20th of their size, and a whole lot more agile than a huge lumbering jet. they need to watch out not to hit eachother with the guns, and not to bump into eachother either, and most importantly need to actually keep an overview over what is actually happening. their numbers are their disadvantage, as it supremely helps actually using their allies as cover.
Pretty much all of those are things that modern fighter can do, given that they attack not only other fighters but are also capable of point-defense. And if they're flying close enough that colliding with each other is a serious issue...well...the sky isn't as big as space, but it's still pretty empty, and it's not unheard of for air battles to be conducted far enough apart that neither can see the other with their actual eyes. And these guys have magitek ariatek.
And no, their numbers are not a disadvantage just because we can use them as cover and they need to not hit each other. This isn't Discworld, and we don't even look anything like planes. The ones we are using as cover can shoot us, as can the ones on the other side because this is air. Hitting each other isn't an issue unless you have a traitor. Etc etc.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13514 on: May 08, 2014, 08:19:43 pm »

My only thing to say:

Isn't Nuriel a Demon?

EDIT: Also, These fighter jets are more like VTOLs As in, they can be stationary in the air, and still outmaneuver most things.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:29:17 pm by Sanure »
Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 1030