Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 310327 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] Fortress Defense Mod II v4: Enemies May Evaporate Upon Death
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2011, 04:28:45 pm »

copy save, abandon, locate your place (R?) on worldmap - and you can check full list of civs.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

fervor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2011, 05:40:11 pm »

copy save, abandon, locate your place (R?) on worldmap - and you can check full list of civs.

Oh, cool.  I didn't know there was a reclaim function that autofinds the location.  I thought I'd have to manually search, so I didn't even try.

5 of the 10 new civs are available on the map and my location.  Stranglers and Frogmen are there.  I guess I just need to be more patient, heh.

Always something new to learn when playing DF.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2011, 12:32:31 am »

Oh, cool.  I didn't know there was a reclaim function that autofinds the location.  I thought I'd have to manually search, so I didn't even try.

5 of the 10 new civs are available on the map and my location.  Stranglers and Frogmen are there.  I guess I just need to be more patient, heh.

Always something new to learn when playing DF.
stranglers actually should come very early. usually in late 2nd year / early 3rd year
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2011, 07:09:59 pm »

feel lucky .. unless there was a change i didnt make out, stranglers are a somewhat reliable and almost infinite source of food :>

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2011, 11:53:08 pm »

feel lucky .. unless there was a change i didnt make out, stranglers are a somewhat reliable and almost infinite source of food :>
Ya they make huge stacks of sinews and organ chops for my animals. I honestly think all of these guys should be made none butcherable.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2011, 01:28:58 am »

for animals?
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2011, 01:33:37 am »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2011, 05:53:38 pm »

War elephants.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 25, 2011, 11:45:35 pm »

War elephants.
Looking like an elephant, but still not an animal. As I said, animals dont siege. If they are intelligent enough to siege, they deserve some respects.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2011, 05:32:19 pm »

Why it works this way:
2 years without sieges, then in one month
- E siege
- flying thing siege
- blendec siege
- naga siege (3 squads) and dark strangler siege (nagas killed dark stranglers)
- 3x goblin ambush (probably only detected by invader)
+ multiple S thing baby snatchers

By the way, is it possible to replace "vile force of..." with sth more creative?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2011, 06:06:55 pm »

you probably have no strangler access, it's spring and you just got some migrants or you just made an artifact.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 27, 2011, 07:51:14 pm »

Why it works this way:
- E siege
- flying thing siege
- blendec siege

By the way, is it possible to replace "vile force of..." with sth more creative?

Not sure. It seems like it is hardcoded to specific races (gobbos>>>vile force of darkness, humans>>>the enemy have come, elves>>>curse all friends of nature), in which case it cannot be changed easily.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2011, 08:48:55 pm »

Why it works this way:
- E siege
- flying thing siege
- blendec siege

Not sure. It seems like it is hardcoded to specific races (gobbos>>>vile force of darkness, humans>>>the enemy have come, elves>>>curse all friends of nature), in which case it cannot be changed easily.

Yeah, I haven't seen any tags that correspond to the different messages, to my knowledge.

(although, theoretically things like babysnatcher, tree_diplomacy, and other similar tags might be causing this relationship, so it might be manipulable. But still, the messages themselves are hardcoded.)
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

fervor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2011, 03:31:25 am »

Yup.  After 2 years, all hell breaks loose.  You better be prepared or you're screwed.

Sometimes the armies attack each other.  Sometimes, they don't.  I haven't played enough (3 games so far with this mod) to tell.  They always attack goblins, though.  I haven't had to kill a single goblin yet since installing this mod (err..thieves, maybe).

I have a big pit trap where I usually end up dropping a ton of mobs.  Even though they are mixed races, I haven't seen any battles down there yet.  But I did play one small map (2x2) where several different sieges came at the same time and basically wiped each other out.  I only had a few mobs to mop up afterwards.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2011, 10:55:04 am »

Yup.  After 2 years, all hell breaks loose.  You better be prepared or you're screwed.

Sometimes the armies attack each other.  Sometimes, they don't.  I haven't played enough (3 games so far with this mod) to tell.  They always attack goblins, though.  I haven't had to kill a single goblin yet since installing this mod (err..thieves, maybe).

I have a big pit trap where I usually end up dropping a ton of mobs.  Even though they are mixed races, I haven't seen any battles down there yet.  But I did play one small map (2x2) where several different sieges came at the same time and basically wiped each other out.  I only had a few mobs to mop up afterwards.

They most likely attack goblins due to the presence/absence of speech capability via [INTELLIGENT] / [CAN_SPEAK]. However, I suspect that this is caused by a change introduced in the latest version that causes all races to have increased hostility.

I tried to avoid changing the default races in Fortress Defense so that the mod only added to the base DF install. Either way, there's no silver bullet solution that I can see given that either way inter-racial conflict is a high possibility. Maybe the next version of DF will eliminate this bug - after all, it's also causing goblin squads to kill their own leaders.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:58:49 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 80