Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309777 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I'm playing the 31.18 version and at this rate, my 30 dwarf military will have steel equipment before the first siege! I had most, if not all, civs at embark and it's almost the end of my second year. Is this normal?

Keep playing and see what happens. From my experience, civ behavior varies a great deal, and there is only one civ capable of attacking you at sub ~50 dwarves
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

I've only recently gotten (read : Beggining of year 2) over 50 dwarves.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I've only recently gotten (read : Beggining of year 2) over 50 dwarves.

It might take a season or so before enemy civs acknowledge your power, or perhaps you need to do a little more trading. Either way, if enemies don't appear after a long time, feel free to upload the save and let me take a look at it.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been putting no restrictions on my managing, trading dozens of masterwork earings for a seed. I bet they'll come soon enough though. Goblins beat em to it, but I'm not complaining.

EDIT: My population is 77, my created wealth is 278,726 and my exported wealth is 78,476. I believe I'll be sieged soon.

EDIT2: It's working, and is congealed vaporstone do anything? I've got about 16 of it after a putrid blendec siege.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:34:01 pm by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Are you playing with temperature off? Vaporstone is supposed to evaporate at room temperature. If it is not, I will have to change that for future releases.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I have tempature off. FPS is bad on my computer even with constant DFcleanmap.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Yeah I have tempature off. FPS is bad on my computer even with constant DFcleanmap.

Ah, having temperature off causes it to solidify. It doesn't break the game or anything to be playing with vaporstone, but you can be rid of it but turning temperature back on for a few moments, letting it evaporate, and then turn temperature back off.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I took some tiles from Ironhand (the elephant) and from Mayday, then edited them to make some creatures with my poor spriting skills.

Here they are:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some of them are pretty wide shots, please tell me if they don't fit in your view of the creatures.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I took some tiles from Ironhand (the elephant) and from Mayday, then edited them to make some creatures with my poor spriting skills.

Here they are:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some of them are pretty wide shots, please tell me if they don't fit in your view of the creatures.

They look great! You have my gratitude for creating them ...How does one add them as graphics? If/when I figure this out, with your permission I'll attempt a release of a packaged graphics version of Fortress Defense.

I guess I'd have to ask Ironhand/Mayday/other sources for permission as well.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:56:02 pm by darkflagrance »

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glad you like them. I've already made a graphics file to test them out in arena mode, but I didn't try each weapon variation. I also noticed Mayday already had tiles for basic blendecs and nightwings, looking quite different from mine... Ah well, here's what they look like in-game.

Paste the spoilered text in a new file named "graphics_fd.txt" and rename the above picture "fd.png". Copy all of that in your graphics directory and it should work. Failing that I'll just upload the both of them in an archive on DFFD.

Spoiler: graphics_fd.txt (click to show/hide)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

really awesome.

ps.: i have problems, the sieging armies do not want to go! they killed all the liasons, traders, and elves(yay!). wich in term, brought me to war with all the vanilla civs. HELP!

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

create short trader routes from below finish them the short window when sieges leave for a month(happens every year and create slaughter rooms on each corner where you can sela in the caravan and a part of the ambush and pelt them with arrows/water/magma from above/sides via fortifications

let em in close entrance via above placed bridge then slaughter those ^^

if you are lucky and get the siege leader too chances are they are gone for good time after that^^
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 05:04:20 pm by schussel »

Warped

• Bay Watcher
  • Crowded elevators smell different to dwarfs.
    • View Profile

Glad you like them. I've already made a graphics file to test them out in arena mode, but I didn't try each weapon variation. I also noticed Mayday already had tiles for basic blendecs and nightwings, looking quite different from mine... Ah well, here's what they look like in-game.

Paste the spoilered text in a new file named "graphics_fd.txt" and rename the above picture "fd.png". Copy all of that in your graphics directory and it should work. Failing that I'll just upload the both of them in an archive on DFFD.

Spoiler: graphics_fd.txt (click to show/hide)

Does adding this require a regen or can you add it to an already running fort?

@darkflagrance - Thanks for this mod! I've really enjoyed the challenge. I have a question. I'm in year 10 and I've seen stranglers, Tigermen, Warwolves, Furies and Putrid guys(or whatever they are called) but that's all. Will I eventually see the other enenmy civs?

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

adding  graphics usually dont require a regen but you might need to update the save raws too for it to work^^

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@darkflagrance - Thanks for this mod! I've really enjoyed the challenge. I have a question. I'm in year 10 and I've seen stranglers, Tigermen, Warwolves, Furies and Putrid guys(or whatever they are called) but that's all. Will I eventually see the other enenmy civs?
I saw imps on year 2 so I'm not sure what's with your civs. Maybe it's your wealth or access.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 80