Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 240268 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn One.
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 09:52:58 am »

Put me on the waitlist.  I'll provide a character when it gets somewhere near close to me.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 10:15:49 am »

Archimedes ran strode ( it's kinda hard to run with a χιτών and anyway, there's no need for that) towards Paul McCartney.
That was a wonderful piece you brought there. Though if I were you, I would add another sinusoide. Like this:( All said in fluent ancient greek)
He takes the stunned guard, binds him with some rope procured from thin air( but probably from his pockets), then folds him into the general shape of sinusoïde.

Bind the guard

((Fun fact: Ancient Greeks considered music to be a part of mathematics))

Edit: Changed action because general pointlessines
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:57:10 am by 10ebbor10 »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 10:19:50 am »

10e10, we're not inside the building yet  ::)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 10:32:46 am »

10e10, we're not inside the building yet  ::)
But we'll probably be next turn.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2012, 03:06:27 pm »

I assume this is robostalin:

Spoiler: Robostalin (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2012, 04:33:17 pm »

"Bah, indoor action.  Let's hope there are some courtyards in there."

Apply my MIGHTY TEXAS BOOT to the door.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 01:52:48 am »

Try to force the door. Surely a Croc is harder than a Kit?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Two.
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 05:23:23 am »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN TWO

Archimedes ran strode ( it's kinda hard to run with a χιτών and anyway, there's no need for that) towards Paul McCartney.
That was a wonderful piece you brought there. Though, if I were you, I would add another sinusoide. Like this:( All said in fluent ancient greek) He takes the stunned guard, binds him with some rope procured from thin air( but probably from his pockets), then folds him into the general shape of sinusoïde.

Search outside.

Striding in his typical dignified manner towards his comrade McCartney, Archimedes does his best to express his admiration for the charming man’s amazing talent, clapping him manfully on the back before bending down to pick up the dying cattybara guardsman.

Hey - that was a wonderful piece you brought there,” he says, in ancient Greek, to the baffled Beatle. ”Though, if I were you, I would add another sinusoid. Like this.

... Archimedes folds the cattybara into the shape of some kind of groovy wave! He feels the fantastic interactive mathematical demonstration fill him with a rare kind of power: he feels his mathemagical abilities recharged! He tosses his educational aid aside, leaving opening the door to the other three grown men before searching about on the ground outside.

Archimedes of Syracuse finds a communist submachine gun and three clips of ammo scattered about the bullet-ridden corpses!

Weapon Acquired!  PPSh-41 submachine gun; three clips.

Paul McCartney motioned the others to help him force the door. He kicked it once! He kicked it twice! He kicked it thrice, even though no one says "thrice" anymore!

"Oh, blast! Jammed! Mmm... gonna try with a little help from my friends. Hey. Whoa. Who knew freedom fighting could be so inspirational man? Nah, it’s perhaps not the time to note it do- hey, what’s up Archimedes?”

... After staring with no little bemusement at his robed friend, Paul gives the fortress door a good hard kick. Nothing! He gives it another good hard kick. Nothing! Hmm, ok la’, he thinks to himself, I need to give it one really good whack, or I really will have to get a little help… He gives it one last really good whack! It makes a slight creaky sound. Damn.

Apply my MIGHTY TEXAS BOOT to the door.

"Bah, indoor action. Let's hope there are some courtyards in there."

Not seeming too pleased about the prospect of heading deep underground and perhaps not even entirely understanding the concept, Davy Crockett takes one look at the door so stubbornly resisting his bowlcut-headed comrade, walks up, and gives it a deafening kick with his trusty leather boot.

... Crockett manfully bites his lower lip and refuses to give in to the pain! He doesn’t say a word!

Wound Acquired: Davy Crockett: Fractured Right Foot!

Try to force the door. Surely a Croc is harder than a Kit?

”Crikey mate,” interrupts Steve Irwin, ”You need to be careful with this particular species of door, you know? Now, I’ve been opening doors since I was nine. It’s a gift.”

... The Crocodile Hunter walks up to the door once Crockett hops away, sizes it up, and barges it with his shoulder. He bursts right through!

Inside, there appears to be one large main corridor heading straight forward to a T junction about ten metres away, with a kind of door on the left two metres ahead, and another strange kind of door on the right about five or six metres ahead. Suddenly the right hand door flaps open, and three communist guard cattybaras leap through! One points at the intruders, and they ready themselves for action, swinging up their weapons but seemingly unwilling to advance towards the fearsome foursome.

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:31:39 am by lawastooshort »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Two.
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 05:41:37 am »

"WAIT, man! Looks like many more of our friends live next door!"

Noticing the hesitation of the meow minions, Paul McCartney attempted to recruit them to his cause!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 05:44:38 am »

Archimedes enters the corridor. He aimed the machine gun( he had been given a crash course in modern tech before the mission). Make sure he didn't forget anything( Open end aimed away from yourself, safety off, gun loaded) and fired. At last, that would be what he would do if his fellow mathemacian Paul McCartney wasn't succesfull. 

Use the communists machine guns to liberally apply bullets to the guard capyabara's. Use mathematical powers to make sure the bullets are divided equally and to multiply the force utilised by the others
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:48:33 am by 10ebbor10 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 12:33:25 pm »

Crockett mutters to himself "Blasted door must be solid oak.  I loosened it up for that Australian fellow."

Take aim and fire!  Blast the non-recruited commies with the rifle!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 12:17:46 am »

Steve leaps to the closest cattybara once his allies are done with their ranged barrage of attacks, and attempt to wrestle it into submission.

"Now, ya have to be careful with these fella's, they get real fiesty when directly attacked!" Steve said, voice slightly raised as he moved towards the cattybara.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Three.
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 08:58:45 am »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN THREE

Noticing the hesitation of the meow minions, Paul McCartney attempted to recruit them to his cause!

"WAIT, man!” shouts McCartney, as Archimedes bursts into the corridor with his new gun. “Looks like many more of our friends live next door! Here pussy pussy!” he calls out to the cattybaras, “I’ve got, like, some tuna or something guys! In non-communist Britain, there is as much tuna as you could possibly want, and it’s all like multicoloured! None of this boring grey and monotonous red communist stuff! Hey  – “ he says, as he brings his guitar up and fingers a chord, “Listen to this, fellas.”

If you read the news today, oh boy
You’d hear about the fish in Eng-er-land
I know the news would make you sad
To hear all about the fish
I know it’s your favourite dish
But your chairman eats it all-ll-ll-ll-ll

... Suddenly the three cattybaras look at each other quizzically: they shrug their shoulders and lower their guns! Why should only Chairman Miaow have an abundance of fish? As Archimedes takes his finger off the trigger, the three erstwhile commie cats run towards their liberal saviours, tears of joy streaming down their smiling faces and thoughts of plentiful fish running through their minds.

But then!

The first two cats get to the midway point between the right door and the left door; there is a sudden flash of steel, a sudden pa-shing of noise, a sudden wincing upon the faces of the bowienauts!

A dozen sharp blades shoot out the sides of the wall! The first two cats are skewered! Their bodies drop to the floor!

Spoiler: Diagram of the Trap (click to show/hide)

The third cattybara is shocked into remembering his communist duty – he foregoes all hope of fish and raises his sights to his eye once more. He aims down the barrel! He’s about to shoot down the evil capitalist with his decadent music!

Archimedes enters the corridor. He aimed the machine gun( he had been given a crash course in modern tech before the mission). Make sure he didn't forget anything( Open end aimed away from yourself, safety off, gun loaded) and fired. At last, that would be what he would do if his fellow mathemacian Paul McCartney wasn't succesfull.

Use the communists machine guns to liberally apply bullets to the guard capyabara's. Use mathematical powers to make sure the bullets are divided equally and to multiply the force utilised by the others

... Seeing the three would-be liberal cattybaras abruptly change their minds, Archimedes quickly works out the likelihood of Paul getting shot, and realises he has to act! He shouts some basic – for him, anyway – calculations to his comrades and then mutters something about end + enemy = end + hole. He glances down to check the Russian style submachine gun.  The end with the hole is in the right place! He sets his feet and pulls the trigger.

... Robes rippling dramatically in the passing wind, Archimedes of Syracuse fires on full auto from the hip! A burst hits the communist cattybara in the upper body! A burst hits him in the legs! A burst shoots off his right arm! The cat-like monstrosity throws his furry claws into the air as a burst riddles his face and tears the tendons in his communist skull! Archimedes keeps pulling the trigger, bullets spraying into the ceiling until finally he clicks and clicks on the empty magazine and the bullets cease and the echoing explosions stop.

The cattybara drops to the floor, blood everywhere. The bullets seem to be divided perfectly equally between the cattybara corpse and the ceiling! The noise seems to be divided perfectly between deafening and thunderous!

As the avalanche of noise subsides Steve taps Archimedes on the shoulder.

“Hey, be careful with that thing mate. Twentieth century fully automatic gunfire is the closest approximation we humans can make to the mating call of the notorious red croc when it's in heat, and those things are literally all over China, mate. See, if we get just one of those things come down on us thinking we're a female red, well, we're gonna be in a who- OH CRIKEY MATE! What was I just saying! Hey guys, are you filming this? Jesus! What a stroke of luck! We could be searching for one of these in the wilderness for DAYS without finding one, this is really a privilege to be able to witness such a fi- OH SHIT! Uh, you guys better get back a little bit there, two red crocs at once, now, that's a dangerous thing. That could turn around and bite you and kill you so fast it's not even funny. I'm gonna need a stick.”

Attracted by Archimedes' accurate approximation of the mating call of the notorious female Chinese Red, two male communist crocodiles start wading out the door over the corpses of the cattybara guards!

“Hey, what you doing Davy?" shouts Stevo. "Oh, Davy man, that's an endangered species right there mate!”

Crockett mutters to himself "Blasted door must be solid oak.  I loosened it up for that Australian fellow."

Take aim and fire!  Blast the non-recruited commies with the rifle!

Watching the furious Archimedes gun down the remaining cattybara in a flash of gunfire and blood, Davy Crockett listens with astonishment as Steve admonishes the Greek philosopher with some serious apex predator information and prepares to move on into the depths of the communist fortress when he's interrupted by the Australian's excited and passionate cries.

He sees the two fearsome predators lumber towards the bowienauts, lust, hatred and Marxism burning fiercely in their eyes!

Davy Crockett drops to one knee!

He takes aim at the left hand croc!

“Hey, what you doing Davy?” comes an Australian voice beside him, “Oh, Davy man, that's an endangered yet incredibly dangerous species right there mate!”

Davy Crockett pulls the trigger!

... The red croc's head is blown clean off!

It... it seems to fly off in an arc!

The second red croc waddles steadily on as his comrade's blood sprays the walls!

Steve leaps to the closest cattybara enemy once his allies are done with their ranged barrage of attacks, and attempts to wrestle it into submission.

"Oh, crikey mate," says Steve, seeing one of his beloved reptiles shot down. "Oh well, it was him or us I guess. Now let's deal with this sucker. Y'know, ya have to be careful with these fellas," the croc hunter concludes, voice slightly raised as he moves towards the commie fiend, "They get real fiesty when directly attacked!"

Pulling directly from his vast store of reptilian knowledge and remembering that the commie crocodile has, in its natural habitat at least, a profound weakness for all things on the left, Steve Irwin drops to a crouch and maneuvers his way past his liberal comrades. He advances to the left hand side of the croc! The Chinese red crocodile seems to ignore his presence!

Stevo sneaks further up on the deadly maoist reptile and jumps him from behind! He grabs him in an arm lock, gripping the jaws tight between his elbow and his body, gently whispering threatening capitalist economic policies in his ear!

... The red croc starts to panic, thrashing about as it begins to resist, desperately trying to picture Chairman Miaow to shore up his mental fortitude, and managing to roll over Steve and start getting the upper hand – but then BOSH! Irwin leaps up and elbow drops the reptile in the face!

Grabbing him by the scruff of the neck, the fearless crocodile hunter mutters a few last words about the futility of five year plans before finishing off his pro-capitalist tirade.

"You're mine now mate... You so much as misbehave I'm gonna damn well make a pair of boots outta ya even if it goes against all my dearest principles of preservation and education..."

Ally acquired! Steve Irwin has acquired a Turned Chinese Red Crocodile!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
Multiply this! Team has one more turn of +1 attack bonus.

Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:19:37 am by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Three.
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 09:38:22 am »

"Stay back, men- I'll handle those traps.  A trick I learned out in the woods..."

Attach the croc head to the end of the rifle.  Go down the hall, using the croc head rifle trigger stick to trigger traps in front of me.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Three.
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 10:23:19 am »

The turns don't stop getting more hilarious.

"While back, I never needed anybody's help in any way. But now those days are gone I'm not so self assured!" Paul McCartney hesitantly beckoned the rest of the team to carefully follow behind Davy Crockett.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:29:40 am by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 60