Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 240561 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Eighteen.
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2012, 03:32:01 pm »

"There's no time, Archimedes! We can get patched up back in the Bowiecopter! Come on, everyone!"

Paul quickly surveyed his surroundings for any sort of Miaow-built "emergency exit". If he did not find one, he headed out the way he came!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2012, 07:51:35 pm »

But there's lava that way dude! The hot kind that's not in lamps!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2012, 07:54:54 pm »

Oh that's true. Scratch that last part, then.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2012, 03:05:41 am »

Patch up my arm (I need to wrestle otherwise I'm pretty darn new useless) please and thanks.

Get patching up from Archimedes, look around for my film crew to get a picture/footage of DeadMan Miaow, then find a way out!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Nineteen.
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2012, 08:19:02 am »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN NINETEEN

Paul quickly surveyed his surroundings for any sort of Miaow-built "emergency exit".

Seeing Archimedes get out his first aid kit and spread some plasters on the floor and approach him to stifle his heavy bleeding, Paul McCartney panics.

"There's no time, Archimedes! We can get patched up back in the Bowiecopter! Come on, everyone, there’s a secret escape tunnel just here!"

...McCartney dashes desperately towards the secret escape hole, and dives in head first, narrowly avoiding smashing his head on a large rock, but instead landing on his bleeding stomach. He smashes his guts again!

Wound Acquired! Paul McCartney: Fractured Guts!

Suddenly some kind of rocket launcher falls down the hole, smashing the Beatle in the head!

Wound Acquired! Paul McCartney: Slightly Bruised Head!

Set up a temporary field hospital (Ie share the medkit) and begin treating the wounded. Make sure to break it up before the magma/wildercrocos/ any communistic fauna(or flora) enters the room. If there's time loot one of rocket chair arms. Also, give the Davy crocket his arm back.

Archimedes starts setting out his first aid kit on the floor to quickly treat the many dying and wounded that are spraying blood all about him, but as soon as he turns to his musical companion Paul, the Last Beatle flees straight from him, jumping into a nearby ten foot deep hole! Instead he turns to the Aussie Croc Wrestler and quickly assesses the damage.

”Stevo. Your eye. It is broken. But I calculate that it is more important to fix your arm. It looks a bit fractured – I’ll see what I can do for now, but you should really get it looked at by a physician when we get out of here. Now, roll your sleeve up and look away. I have an ancient Greek trick. It will probably still take a few minutes before you get any movement out of it though.”

...Whist Irwin looks away, Archimedes applies first a long roll of bandages, and then his Greek trick. It appears to be working! Stevo’s arm is well on the way to recovery!

Suddenly Stevo breaks off from talking to his film crew whilst Archimedes finishes off.

”Hey, Archimedes? What the hell? My arm’s all warm and damp, man, what exactly are you doing with it? Is that blood?”

”Er no. Not exactly. Hey! I said to look away! Hey! Ooh! Chair arm mounted rocket launchers! Perhaps I could…”

...The philosopher ignores the protesting Irwin and darts over to where one of Miaow’s rocket launchers is lying on the floor of his private lair, but he trips on his sandal strap and goes flying! As he struggles to regain his footing he kicks the rocket launcher down a nearby hole!

Scalp Miaow for future commie-skin cap making.  Patch up at the Field Hospital.

Meanwhile, Davy Crockett is busy scalping Miaow to make a commie-skin cap – ...but he slips and slices off the whole face! It seems to be a perfect fit, and he can’t help himself but try it on! It’s terribly cosy! Oh, hang on. Blast! He can’t seem to manage to pull it back off!

”Oh tarnation. I think I need some kind of surgical intervention, Archimedes. Blast! My face is covered in Miaow!”

Item Acquired! Davy Crockett: Miaowskin-facehat

”I’m afraid I can’t do anything for you with the tools I have here, Mr Crockett – not for your face nor for your arm. Here though,” says Archimedes, tossing Davy’s fractured severed arm to him, ”You could try taping it back on, perhaps? I am not fully conversant with the properties and usages of modern duct tape.”

Davy Crockett attempts to duct tape his severed arm back into place. ...Amazingly he fails! Blood continues to spurt forth from his arm!

Get patching up from Archimedes, look around for my film crew to get a picture/footage of DeadMan Miaow, then find a way out!

Whilst Archimedes patches up his all-important wrestling arm, Stevo stands impatiently and looks this way and that for his film crew. Just as the Greek tells him to look away, he spots them filming a rare creature in the corner!

”Hey, guys? Could you come over here and take some photographic evidence of this beauty’s demise? Um, try not to concentrate too much on the brutalised face and scalp area, yeah? Hey, Archimedes? What the hell? My arm’s all warm and damp, man, what exactly are you doing with it? Is that blood?”

”Er no. Not exactly. Hey! I said to look away! Hey!”

”Oh Jesus, Archimedes! What the hell! That only bloody works with jellyfish dude! Ah man. That’s disgusti – oh wait! My arm seems to be regaining some of its original movement! Crikey mate, that’s amazing!”

...To clear his mind Irwin starts looking about for a way out when the camera man hands him a Polaroid.

Staring closely at the gory picture, Stevo puts it carefully in his pocket before listening to what the camera man’s still talking about.

”…and, whoa, man, there’s stingrays still there in the moat and quite a few wildercrocobeastdiles just kinda hanging around, but all that flowing magma which was giving us such a problem with the image quality inside the tunnel seems to have washed away, Steve! I reckon we’ll be able to head right back out through the subway tunnel in no time! Oh, god Stevo, what’s wrong with your arm mate? It stinks. Crikey.”

”Hang on mate. A few wildercrocobeastdiles? Just kinda hanging around? You mean in addition to those four charging straight at us mate?”

”Oh, no. I think it’s just those four. They were just kinda hanging around, but Joe here poked ‘em with a stick a bit, y’know, to get ‘em really riled, like you do, for a better picture? Y’know? I guess he hasn’t quite got the knack yet. He must’ve poked ‘em a bit too hard. Yeah, it’s definitely just those four wilderdilocrocs. Just those ones charging straight at us.”

”Oh crikey mate, they look really riled!”

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Subway map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Nineteen.
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2012, 08:27:09 am »

With a net -2 to rifle attacks, there's only one thing to do.

"It may be the blood loss, but I feel like a fight!"

Charge the wildocrocwhatevers and stab/bite them!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2012, 08:27:32 am »

"Oh, crikey... did I just say crikey? Stevo's rubbing off on me. There's no time to take down the crocodiles either!"

Paul McCartney grabs the rocket launcher and attempts to head through the secret escape hole again. If he encounters any solid walls blocking his path, he destroys them with rockets!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2012, 08:42:48 am »

Your already in the hole dude. GET YO SHIT TOGETHER SON!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2012, 08:51:41 am »

Oh. Based on the detailed map I thought I was still in the room with the others.

Paul McCartney continues traversing the hole, blowing up any impeding walls if necessary!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2012, 05:05:23 pm »

Archimes signals his friends to follow, then jumps into the tube.

Outta here, into the Tube. Try to avoid the London underground.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2012, 04:07:15 pm »

Help Crockett with the fight!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Twenty
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2012, 07:45:40 am »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN TWENTY

Archimedes signals his friends to follow, then jumps into the tube.

Outta here, into the Tube. Try to avoid the London underground.

Heeding the Timelord’s Magnificent warning, Archimedes rushes past his friends out of the private lair and towards the monorail subway, signalling for them to follow.

...He’s almost dodged past the incoming crocobeasts when one of them suddenly turns to snap at his leg! Archimedes sidesteps the blow, ...but then the wilderdile headbutts him over and kicks him in the arm with his evil communist hoof! Archimedes feels his left arm snap as he crashes to the ground!

Wound Acquired! Archimedes of Syracuse: Fractured Left Arm!

Charge the wildocrocwhatevers and stab/bite them!

"It may be the blood loss, but I feel like a fight!" shouts Davy Crockett, suddenly getting flashbacks of the wild frontier. ”Or it may be seeing my friends get cut down like grazing gazelles on the prairies! I’m comin’, ol’ Archimedes!”

...Crockett charges the crocobeasts, sprinting to Archimedes’s rescue, brandishing his bowie knife like some kind of one-armed knife-man as blood spurts from his shoulder stump.  He leaps heroically croco-foot first into the melee: ...Boone misses with his first vicious bite, so Davy brings his blade crashing down into the crocobeast’s skull! ...The skull is smashed to pieces! The brain is severed! A tendon in the skull is split! The wilderdile is struck down!

In his blood-fury, Crockett picks up the severed but still beating brain, and lifts it to his gnarly fangs, taking a gory bite! He sheathes his knife and hurls the savaged brain at the nearest wildercroc, ...knocking it unconscious before he runs over and curbstomps it to smithereens! Boone starts eating the wilderdile’s legs, tearing one off and waving it violently about in his blood-dripping jaws! The nearest living crocobeast retches in panic!

Help Crockett with the fight!

Steve Irwin sees the democratic carnage Junior Bowienaut Crockett is vengefully dealing out to the crocobeasts, and feels totally riled, mate! His eyes glaze over with a look of fury! ...A look of blood-fury!

Ignoring his fractured arm, Stevo sprints forward a few paces before launching himself through the air, flying into the retching crocobeast ...and getting its head in a chokehold with his left arm, whilst using his makeshift right arm bandage to knock the critter into submission! He tries his best to merely subdue the beauty, but in his rage he smashes his fractured arm right through the retching beast’s face! The nose is severed! The tongue is torn! The cheeks are broken and pierce the skull, tearing the brain! The crocobeast is struck down! Steve Irwin is covered in croco-vomit!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Whilst the remaining wilderdile flees in terror, Archimedes struggles to his feet, and then carries on dashing into the subway, leaping athletically over the stingray moat before treading gingerly out onto the solidified volcanic glass that fills the tunnel. It’s quite sharp! The other two follow as soon as Stevo can drag Davy and Boone away from their corpse mutilation session: Davy’s face and head are covered in blood and brains!

Suddenly an enormous explosion rocks the entire building!

”Holy crap fellas!” cries Stevo, ”Earthquake! Duck and cover, mate! Oh crikey!”

Paul McCartney grabs the rocket launcher and attempts to head through the secret escape hole again. If he encounters any solid walls blocking his path, he destroys them with rockets!

"Oh, crikey... did I just say crikey? Stevo's rubbing off on me.” says Paul McCartney, to himself. ”There's no time to take down the crocodiles either!"

Standing back as far as he can in his tiny hole, he flips Miaow’s rocket launcher to the setting that seems to say, in rather poor English, Maximum Death Boom, before pointing it in the direction he thinks must be the exit.

...A flashing salvo of over two dozen rockets shoot forth from the rocket launcher, pulverising everything in their path, blasting a perfect man-sized tunnel through the side of the ancient communist pyramid! The burning back blast knocks McCartney backwards, burning his face and severely cauterising his wounds, sending a pile of rubble tumbling over his limbs, smashing his legs and breaking his arm!

As the dust and debris settles, McCartney can make out a ray of light several hundred metres in the distance!

Wound Acquired! Paul McCartney: Fractured Right Leg!

Wound Acquired! Paul McCartney: Broken Right Arm!

Wound Acquired! Paul McCartney: Cauterised Guts!

…   …   …   …   …   …

An alarm beep sounds three times on the neurocomms interlink, before the voice of His Magnificent Bowieness breaks through the static.

”Er, guys? Did anyone activate the pyramid’s self-destruct button by accident? No? Freaky. Our scientists have detected a sudden severe decrease in structural integrity, and estimate that the building is approximately three minutes from total collapse. I suggest you get out of there immediately, and I strongly suggest we change the extraction point. The roof isn’t going to be much use soon. Mick, patch me through to the bowiecopter doublequick. Dudes, like, the extraction point will now be in front of the commie pyramid rather than on top. You copy? Oh hey, I’ve got Marcus on line two. Timelord over and out.”

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Subway map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None.
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:48:56 am by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Twenty.
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2012, 07:54:17 am »

Head for the main entrance, doubletime!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2012, 08:59:15 am »

McCartney, despite his condition, makes a mad dash for the exit!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2012, 11:18:05 am »

Stride towards the exit. If the piramid threathens to collapse on top of me, or the volcanic glass is too dangerous, use Element magics to propel me forth.( Ie fill the tunnel with water(allowing me too float, don't fill it complelty) then combine air and water behind me to create a warm breeze that will push me towards the exit.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 60