Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1819404 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20385 on: June 28, 2020, 06:06:10 am »

It along with some other sleep/dream troubles I have (such as re-re-re-awakening dreams) are things I associate a lot with being stressed out, having not slept well during the night, or taking too heavy a nap during the day. Been under stress lately?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20386 on: June 28, 2020, 09:32:44 am »

Seeing someone/something in your room or sitting on your is a pretty common sleep paralysis. Your body isn't supposed to be able to move in your sleep, because you can injure yourself that way.

Mine involves me trying to scream for help in a dream, but not being able to. I keep trying until I wake myself up from the effort.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #20387 on: June 28, 2020, 03:51:39 pm »

Seeing someone/something in your room or sitting on your is a pretty common sleep paralysis.

And then you get to accuse random people who have lots of land of being witches!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20388 on: June 28, 2020, 06:56:04 pm »

Seeing someone/something in your room or sitting on your is a pretty common sleep paralysis.

And then you get to accuse random people who have lots of land of being witches!

Pathos sent his spirit out at me, and made me fondle a tree!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:01:19 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20389 on: June 28, 2020, 07:06:26 pm »

Pathos sent his spirit out at me, and made me fondle a tree!
Aaaand now we’ve switched from sleep paralysis to doing things while asleep and blaming spirits, alrighty then, love topic changes via tangents

Autohummer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20390 on: June 30, 2020, 07:08:38 am »

(Also crossposted in the East Asian politics thread)

As of today, legalisation was passed in the place at which I live. It is rumoured to punish seditious action with 3 years to life imprisonment. Rumoured, because as of this time nobody, not even the local government, seems to know what the exact terms are. It could be literally anything.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20391 on: June 30, 2020, 07:10:05 am »

Philippines?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Autohummer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20392 on: June 30, 2020, 07:11:33 am »

Philippines?

Go North-West, across the South China Sea.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #20393 on: June 30, 2020, 08:28:19 am »

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20394 on: June 30, 2020, 08:41:13 am »

Hongkong.
Today saw the end of the self-governancy of Hongkong.
China broke the deal with the UK by passing the new security law.
Technically, Uk should now invade and recolonize Hongkong
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20395 on: June 30, 2020, 08:43:31 am »

Please. Surely you know it wont happen and it would be an even bigger disaster
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20396 on: June 30, 2020, 09:23:04 am »

Hongkong.
Today saw the end of the self-governancy of Hongkong.
China broke the deal with the UK by passing the new security law.
The UK couldn't hold onto HK militarily, how would it be able to invade it? The SCS bases were also not an issue before, so the situation is even less feasible than when there was actually a British garrison present. Such a scenario would in all likelihood need Murrican marines and carrier fleets for sure, and even then the chance of holding onto HK is not great without causing WWIII

Autohummer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20397 on: June 30, 2020, 10:33:28 am »

Thank you for your thoughts and solidarity, but I can neither agree nor hope for a military intervention. Although I do have a few escape plans handy, and count myself a military buff, I do not wish to have to play ironman This War of Mine in real life nor wish it upon anyone. I may be somewhat fortunate in that I have plans to live elsewhere even before the current crisis, but I have friends who do not have the means to leave the city in a sudden, nor the means to sustain a livelihood elsewhere. I'd be damned to see them stuck in a war-torn hellhole.

Risking a bit to say this, although it may be emotionally satisfying to decisively, spectacularly punish China for its human rights abuses and oppression, doing so via military force is quite possibly the worst way to do so, especially when you think of the human costs involved. That said, I do wish the UK never left. Things would have been better if HK stayed a colony, or even joined the Commonwealth.

From a realpolitik perspective, it is difficult to see what the western world would gain trying to militarily intervene in the situation here. Although China is pretty much the enemy in a new cold war, there are already enough western aligned countries around China to surround it, e.g. Japan, RoC, RoK, and a bit further out, Australia and New Zealand. HK is not that important as a foothold. This is not counting the general war-weariness in the west post-War on Terror.

As for me, my hopes are to get out and start again elsewhere, and try to see to the people important to me being safe.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:43:03 am by Autohummer »

Autohummer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20398 on: June 30, 2020, 11:07:31 am »

(Sorry for double post)

Order 66 just got executed over here. It doesn't seem to be ex post facto, so what I said above should be fine.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20399 on: June 30, 2020, 12:42:45 pm »

Well, is not HK like one of the most important ports in the world?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 1419