Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Daily Draw  (Read 15912 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Daily Draw
« on: March 10, 2016, 06:46:47 pm »

So, in an effort to get myself to do digital artwork on a more regular and structured basis I'm starting this thing. It's there to help me keep myself a bit more accountable and to also keep track of my progress (and to some extend leech off some of the potential praise and turn in into motivation if the going gets rough).
Now, not all works will be highly polished but they will be presentable to some degree atleast. No overaching theme is planned for now, but something might come up as we go. Any of you are free to join me if you so desire, and are in fact encouraged to do so. If not, well, feel free to watch then ^^
Anyways, here goes day one:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Necrons are a bitch to paint.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Daily Draw
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 08:27:42 pm »

yassssssss

DAILY JOPAX THINGS

Nice necron you got there! You know i'll (almost) always be around to at the very least think praising thoughts about your artings, although i don't want to flood the thread with "i like this good job". :v
As for participating... Well, i pretty much already try to doodle on a daily basis, but i'm thinking that this is a notch above doodling (and i feel like people are already seeing plenty of my posts in the random things thread). Still, i have plenty of time during the day to pack in a drawing/painting, it's just anxiety (and XCOM 2, dang aliums attacking my planet) getting in the way, so i might yet join in!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 01:53:56 pm »

My solution was to uninstall Xcom in that case X) (tho I kinda got tired of it as well, since the game was running kinda crappily so everything took inordinate amounts of time).

In any case, criticism is always welcome if you don't feel like just going gj every time :D

And yeah, I doodle myself pretty much always, or rather, if there's a clean surface and a mark making implement nearby, which is almost always since I carry my sketchbook everywhere for the most part.

Aaaanyways, here's today, a bit of a study of a photo I took, not too happy with the detailing but if you kinda squint, it looks passable and similar to the photo, kinda.
AS - IG

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 02:21:08 pm »

Posting to feel bad about myself. I mean watch. Watching to post.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 08:11:02 am »

PTW
Taste my Paci-Fist

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 05:30:10 pm »

And so the pressure rises :D

Today is another study, this one a bit better imho, even tho it has its faults, still, I'm mostly happy with how close I got with the values and colours just by eyeballing it, quite a feat considering how bad I was at doing that before.

He's supposed to have chainmail around the neck area but I really couldn't be arsed to render that out at this time.
AS - IG

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 11:21:00 pm »

Posting to watch because these are all beautiful!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 09:25:42 am »

I'd join, but I have to use that time thinking up excuses. Instead, I'll just stare until Jopax posts today's drawing.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 11:58:29 am »

Iiii probably should do this, but I don't know. I'll try, I guess. Starting tomorrow, because tests.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 03:03:48 pm »

I hope your eyes haven't started bleeding Nirur xD

Today was especially fun and inspired I think, trying to mess about with stuff I picked up from the study yesterday, also venting some frustration with Dark Souls 2 (AND THAT MOTHERFUCKING PURSUER FUCK THAT GUY)
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 06:52:54 pm »

Pursuer is weak to having his face smashed with a club. Seems like someone already did that to him in your painting, hooheh. :v
Anyways yes, i'd totally offer cnc if i actually had anything to say. You're pretty much past making the kind of obvious flaws that i can spot, but if any of them turn up, i will swoop down like an overweight falcon on a fat mouse. Until then, i'm content with hovering up here and observing the goodness as it comes. c:

well either that or i try to make a small daily animation

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 04:35:39 pm »

You totally should, short toons are awesome, hell, there's a localy somewhat famous guy who started making those a couple months back and now he has the biggest YT channel in the region, plus he got hired by some TV house too. And his cartoons aren't even all that complex, just good old twisted sense of humour, something you surely have plenty of if you're on B12 :D

Anyways, today was pretty uninspired, so after several failed attempts and my nerves slowly fraying I just went with a random blob thing and went for practicing shaping things with values and such.
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 10:26:14 am »

Hee, your definition of a random blob thing is a lot cooler than mine, nice job! :v
As for animating, i've found a cool free thing, but apparently it hates my bigger tablet (exhibit A: this is what a simple curved line looks like, and yes, it works perfectly elsewhere). That's kind of annoying, because it doesn't feel like my smaller tablet offers enough fine control to draw things consistently. :< (would love to have even a small Cintiq but dear god that price tag, as if artists weren't poor enough already)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 07:26:29 pm »

At first I thought it was some sort of pearl necklace XD

Yeah that seems like some pen issue, no idea what would be causing it other than driver nonsense. In any case, if you want more control you can always zoom in, atleast I hope the program offers that, since it seems like an interesting tool.

Anywhoo, day six, or the one I phone in because I'm too god damn tired to produce anything worthwhile, and even this was like the fourth attempt at something. Have a buglich:
Yes, the little black splotches are flies, no I did not want to draw any of them in anything remotely resembly fly shapes, sue me.
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 08:54:10 pm »

I SOO YOO

Srs talk though, that's a damn cool design! Don't beat yourself up if you happen to miss a day for whatever reason, i can confirm that it's TOUGH to keep up such a thing for any noticable length of time, and the rest of us (i think) are just grateful for the free art show. :v

Also, zooming does not seem like a bad idea at all, i just initially didn't think it had the feature thanks to a lack of obvious loupes (turns out that you can just hold right click and move the cursor up and down). Due to my lack of familiarity with the program and traditional animation, i'm going to hold off on declaring it a daily thing, for now. Your monopoly on this thread remains unthreatened. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9