Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: KeeperRL : alpha 17. Now out on steam.New devlog. Incoming campaign mode  (Read 48364 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: KeeperRL : alpha 17. Now out on steam.New devlog. Incoming campaign mode
« Reply #315 on: September 06, 2016, 03:11:50 am »

Just gave alpha 19 a spin. It's a bit laggy, most noticably when you have a unit management menu open.

Just discovered that meteor shower makes for infinite stone. Not that I need more stone at this point in the game, but it's good to know for a next run.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 06, 2016, 03:22:22 am »

meh

heard this was happenin
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 06, 2016, 03:21:30 pm »

Oops, forgot to pause the game while watching a video. I now have a level 37 ogre and level 33 werewolf. All orcs are maxed out at level 29. Even my goblins are level 15-19. Apparently I embarked in a location that has no enemies except the Cyclops that I killed ages ago. Now I need to figure out how to send my armies over the world map. Or clearcut the forest to spawn more ents. My level 1 and 2 shamans look really sad now.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to put in a good word for the dev.

I found this game in the Steam discovery queue, but it wasn't on sale. Decided to read more about it on its page and found it is 33% off with NANO (crypto), so 10 bucks, which seemed reasonable. Other "payment" options were to donate to a wildlife charity (the dev suggests one) and email him the receipt, which is kind of nice. I did not pick this option because, while commendable, few work at a systemic enough level to combat the causes of symtoms instead of just alleviating them. Decided it was better to send the funds to the dev to let him decide what to do with his own money. It should also be noted that the ASCII, non graphics/sound version is free and open source.

The benefit of minor coins like nano is that they have swift transactions. Nano boasts a transaction time of seconds, but naturally the payment messed up, it got delayed, and the payment widget timer time ran out while the transaction was processing. Nice occurrence for a first time purchase in crypto!

This was at night, so before I went to bed I contacted the dev asking if him if he had received the coins. He replied in the next morning. Coins are traceable, so with the transaction ID we traced them. They were received but for some reason bounced back from the payment widget to the crypto exchange I sent them from, but not to me. Now I will try to recover them, but while doing so, the dev generously offered to send a copy of the game.

So what to take away from this is when paying in crypto:
- Even if it's possible, never pay from your exchange accounts, transfer to your own wallet first. Not doing so was a mistake I made.
- Start a new payment widget window right before you are ready to submit the payment, so that you maximize the transaction time frame.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

i started playing the ASCII version, got my dudes to level 3 and was trying to figure out how to go attack when bandits attack the dungeon and killed my char :( i am not good at this yet

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

this time i paid off the bandits but then almost immediately a cyclops attacked and crushed my keeper's head in one blow. oy

Gornova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 22, 2018, 10:49:27 am »

there is no news on KeeperRL ?

Dev says something? There are no news around

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 22, 2018, 11:29:55 am »

Looks active enough for me.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 22, 2018, 11:33:46 am »

there is no news on KeeperRL ?

Dev says something? There are no news around

His main updates are on Twitter. Last time he was working on polishing graphics and mods, the project is likely on its final stretch
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]