Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1171225 times)

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Come and Smell the Ashes]
« Reply #4590 on: September 01, 2016, 09:49:12 pm »

if you don't have enough booze, just skip your last two meals till after you get drunk. works a charm

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: September 02, 2016, 07:24:27 pm »

I gonna give it a try, I don't promise anything
Ô_ quack

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: September 02, 2016, 08:27:48 pm »

I gonna give it a try, I don't promise anything

go for it! it's been too long since the last time I've seen a run at this fort!

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: September 02, 2016, 09:07:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Could'nt finish a year. Save here http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12397

edit: screeshots uploaded
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:42:02 pm by onciblu »
Ô_ quack

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: September 02, 2016, 09:12:36 pm »

That is still an amusing first attempt, nice. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: September 02, 2016, 09:18:48 pm »

And Urist said: Let there be booze, and lo, there was !!drunkfortress!!

Edit:
From this turn onwards I will always post the death toll every few ingame months. It's hilarious
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:20:34 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

onciblu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: September 02, 2016, 09:53:46 pm »

That is still an amusing first attempt, nice. owo

thanks, Its not really the first atempt, Last time I killed shoruke, twice.

Oh well. Tomorrow I may(be) fix the typos and put the few screenshots I took

Quote from: scruffy
And Urist said: Let there be booze, and lo, there was !!drunkfortress!!

Edit:
From this turn onwards I will always post the death toll every few ingame months. It's hilarious

That was the better way I found to describe wat was happening, didn't fell like wringt every death and battle log. Those turist really put some resistance. Wonder who did that happen. :D

Ô_ quack

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: September 03, 2016, 01:35:21 am »

Don't fix the typos. That's all part of the drunken fun
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: September 03, 2016, 03:45:06 pm »

and my turn comes tonight, haha. I may have lost the info I needed, and ill be too drunk to find it later.... what version of thw game does it run on so I can find an lnp for it?

also anything special I need to kno about using.tilesets? do I need to back convert it to ascii at the end?

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: September 03, 2016, 04:21:26 pm »

nvm, i foudn it is 43.04, which is one ahead of my 43.03.... we will see if it works at all

EDIT:

OK i have no idea what I'm doing with moving the files over

EDIT EDIT: nvm i figured it out

My lineup for the night, plus or minus:

UPDATE:

My turn tonight will depend entirely on if i can figure out how to mod the game manually.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:51:40 pm by Meddadog »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: September 03, 2016, 04:49:38 pm »

Hey! Two turns in a short amount of time!
Perhaps I should take a turn sometime soon too

Edit: De kuyper? Eww. For some reason I never liked their products. Well, atleast you have Smirnoff and Everclear
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:58:14 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: September 03, 2016, 05:04:27 pm »

Edit: De kuyper? Eww. For some reason I never liked their products. Well, atleast you have Smirnoff and Everclear

you definitely should take a turn... but as to me i may be passable, i can get it up on a mayday pack but im far less familiar with it. one look was "ummm, wtf is going on"

trying to find something closer to what i am used to

update:

--- Ok somehow i mashed together a 43.05 tileset into a pre-baked 43.04 mayday and got something messy AF, but workable, let the drinking begin!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 05:40:09 pm by Meddadog »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: September 03, 2016, 05:17:18 pm »

you definitely should take a turn... but as to me i may be passable, i can get it up on a mayday pack but im far less familiar with it. one look was "ummm, wtf is going on"

trying to find something closer to what i am used to
Being less familiar with it just makes the turn better. Wellplayed and skilled turns are no fun. Being in a slightly unfamiliar territory just makes it more interesting and !!FUN!!.
I'm not used to mayday either
Well, as Monthy Python said: Get on with it!

Edit: What are you trying to mod?#
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 05:24:38 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: September 03, 2016, 05:40:44 pm »

OK I will use this for the thread, and re-post the lineup: (oh cool, it started a new page, how convenient)

(((TIMES IN EDT)))
 6:43p - one shot of everclear down, god I hate that stuff. I used to be able to handle it better, then came that one night of 6 shots of it in <20 minutes.... never puked on booze before but that night i spent apparently an hour in the bathroom at the club (no puking) before going outside the club, puking all over the ground, apparently almost being molested by a gay man (my straight friend 'claimed me' to keep him away, then moved around the corner, my other friends showed up, more puking, a half conscious dribe home, and then more puking.

Also i haventy had much to eat today so this everclear is working remarkably quickly, porbalby why i even typed out this storty.

6:54p  -  2 shots. realized i was missing a button on my shorts. thats why they kept falling down. ahhhh. (everclear, you demon! i hate you but i am short on time). one more of everclear?! idk there is the burning in my chest/esophogas from that first 2. ehhhhh. lets try someat else. also people feel free, or encouraged, to post responses below this. feedback ftw! rawr

6:58   -  shot of smirnofg. not everclear by a long shot, but the burning is gone after more spritew. also watching linus tech tips and re-watched same video section like, 4 times. drunk = so distraction. oh well! bwahaha. lets go in for another shot!

7:03 - another of the smirnoff, walking has become rather.... sway-ey. is that a word? if not well it shold be. umm.. my setup:
well, is messy, but is 27" HP ips. is ok, lil washed out, and a 24" asus gaming monitor, idk the specificals. is nice when have therapist, but ^&*$% if i can figure out how to mod that in right now to mine. i say just blah, ill do without i guess. my rig, because I R proud of it... i7 6700k, coolermaster v8 cooler (air, but AWESOME!), gtx 970 (i so want 1080 but cant justify cost, blah), 16gb ddr4 (i cant recal brand atm), 850w evga supernova, a 1tb samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x 1tb 7200 rpm hdds. is nice i think. need a gpu upgrade, but ehhh, mnoney. dwarf fortress only needs cpu baby anyways! yahaha 6700k!

also i figured why my shorts unbuttoned, too tight with button! let unbutton commence!

7:16p  -  one more shot down, no more shots i think herew bnow. i was smart tho, made 3x of my special signature drink, i dont have a name, but is 50% 35 proof of the watermelon pucker, 25% 7-up, 25% of sweet n sour mix. tastes like strawsberry starburst. is delicious and nutricious. well maybe not nutricious, but good for something, moralle! if ur a dwarf it is! i have one on desk now and 2 in fridge readyz to go in case i is too drunk to mix things. bwahaha. like dwarf beer in a barrel it is! time to fire this game and my half-a$$ attempt at a last minute gfx mod out!

also wik (monty python mofo!) button was curiously stil done. is undone now!

7:19 oh god where dids i store thgame. i haz 3 drives, ok i founds it.
side note is no dwarfs will haz specialized tasks. idk how to. only used therapist.
also in pic red solo cup is reeses puffs. very tasty when haz no real food. well half edible burritos froma  box, but blahhhh. those be for later.

oh lord tinytpics wants word image verification for posts.... this may be hard...

but i look at fortress and wtf is going on? i see so many bones? are thyew bones? dead things for sure! why not moved out?

is even the graves covered in blood? wtf happened? sorry i not read last entry, busy busy at work iz cr azy. but seriously, wtfs?

oh gods where we get to surface? i mark dead things for dump but where i get to surface? do we haz dump place thing? where it be? where da stairs????

why doors here? makes no ssense, they go nowhere? not to surface for sure!!!

we haz artefact, but why so many codexes? wtf is a codex? oh lody, but we haz

then

why is stork? stork for babies

idk how to dwarf without therapist, i fugure out maybe? i need more reeses yo

peitions available? i dont even kno what those ares. well they shall not be answered!

trying to find how rename, and see we haz 157 citixznes bt 285 dead? that not good mortality rate yo!

somehow i renamed dorf. now i is in here. haha! i is only lowly wrestler tho

not sure how the h e double hockey sticks this be put togetehr, but ohg well. i think found stairs, making dumper pile/.

why is garbabeg dump also a pen? wtf sense? oh well is room for dumps

i must dig deeps! why u ask? becaus,e magmae?!?!?! i haz none i can see maybe is here but is it?

i heck petitions, ppl want to live here? is so messed up. but i say yes, all y'all can lives here!

i make dig to make undergorund weird river good for bedroom dorfs, and yet no one digging? what is erryone doing?

eeryone saying no tracion beds, how many dwarfs be injured?

caravan arrived? well idk what hwe has to trade, but they has stuff maybe we needs. i take it from them at the point of a lance, a blunted lance, but a lance no matter watt, a man can change his stars (if u get my reference u win in life)

wtf i waz gonna rob dem but they came and went instantly! thats no fair my caravans

restroom trip, pants have been lost, maybe i shall reclaim them later. idk. but still no dorf has made my tunnel. i needs to have assign job,s but idk how

IDK how but i haz become hammerdorf! random dorf i chose is hammerdorf! fearz me!

set to priority 1 i am able dig tunnel thingy now a door thewifinish tunnels ot water for thr ebed warfs bc they need water

i kant even figure out where shops are, i need to make new things to make things

i think my half a$$ mod attempt is got issues, cuz i pretty sure my wall not made o dead dorfs

now dat i haz door in place i make water available for dorfs

i r digging down to magma and then try brig up, but i cant, idk how, but do we have pumps dorfs? idk how get it up

oh god idk how get it up sounds bad... many ways to get it up, yes there is

i ofund a lever, idk what it do, but i will pull to find out

lever maybe pull up a bridge, but now i see water, need tp unpull lever

some sort of big monster!!!!

idk how to save us! i assume we have dorf military, may, but i has no clue how to activate any defeses, if we haz any!

operation dig to magma seems to be progressing, albeit slowly, but we will get there!

does this fort use magma? all i can find are bed,s and farms!

sumeat abotu an etin is going on. i think etin is a big mofo? r a salvatore and such i seem to recall giants of a sort?

anyway is causin havock but idk how or where it is or stop it:

iz lucky i can even still make out and type the captcha for th esite

i cannto tell why he she says death but did ettin de
?

idk but this dorf seems a lil unhinged. then again is a dorf of dunk fortress.

lotsa ded peeps being foudn, but i don think no named dorfs ded yet

if icould find this dangnabbit (can curse here? idk, no risj it) ettin bro then i could attack him wif military, if we haz one. do we?

all dorf ight logs say deth all around us, and i not upset. what haz happened here before me to cause this?!>!>

thee is smoke by what i gthink is bridge. why smoke? i never seen hat b4, just the horrible miasma,miasma, ahhh! no more

i cant figure out whats goin on here, i shall just do what i can and try cool stuffz. we haz many food for enuff for a year. i shall do something, maybe. idk. magma! i never get to play with it yet! maybe i can do a pump

poh lord ll i can do is dig. i waz not ready for this complex, or messed up, a fort. my forts are always easy setup idk were the heck abthing ijs here.

dig is all i can do, is all i shall do. like a dorf!

witdis wrird hasfdogepoc  of a mod i haz no years or days or mnths, i just keep going to i cant go no mo bc idk if yr pass or less or idk. it is wat it is.

the room spins and my lips be numb

anoffer caravan arruivem will it stay?
\

mor epeitiosns! everyo e can lives here! tho idk why ud want o live heresd i cant even fugre out whats going on!

as side not eis there bad part of peititons and ppl live here? i just aporove all!

satanic pumba has arrived!
liek, from da lion king, warthog. ya. old ppl. well, i prollz young compare t others, but still i close to 30 than 20.

dink 1/3 down, needs new drink all is is nasty ice melted water now

pantsu has been reclaimed frm hall, but is so tight. ahhh. i haz new drink now and raviolio olio is in microwave to eats.

ravioli olio sounds good.

carvans came and left agin no time to trad,e but man still want to talk to me about treade agreements . wtf!

isk whats we need, i told him need maked mole dog leather, sounds kinky

dorf bro wants crossbows and armor, is ware co,ing for the dwarfland? motherdorfland? modorfland? bwahaha. i dont knwo if w haz any or how to make or where our maker thingies re

but waitr, manager i learne,d i will manager task things! my only positive contribution to forts if we haz mats!

waits we haz no manager! how ae we fort 2withotu manager and so complex? we neddz manager!

i make meself the hamerfrod mgr. then i make do things yes. idk if i haz any mgr skills but i am mgr now but i need office so will make! yay somethings to do!

feymood! od helpo him if he need asanythign i wont be able to helps.

also i haz my ravioli olie now but is hot, mst wait to cool

making grand new palace well is rectangles but big wuarters for my hammerdorf/manager now. huzzah! luxury!

brodef dorf claimed craft shifor construction

almosy gelkl sleep in my ravoli. but i didnt. still buildign my quarters. either fps super slow ( my adhock mod is junk, dont even show fps) or my miner dorfs sux, so slow make quarters for me)

game pause idk why must find out

oh my bro must have foudn all materials and now he make mystery contruction. go bro! make sumeat cool 4 mes!

also i set many statue and booskshelf in my new quarters! bwahaha

racsioli whyt haz u betrayed me! burnt tongue from da ravolis.

idk what just happened? can anyone tell me what this is? secretive society? are the illuminati in our fort?

naked mole dog bone bin has been crearted as artefact! thsi bro dorf has same idea as i had witf caravan! naked mole dogs tw!

this is not dangerous fort at all. i can barely work on my own room let alone advance the fort, and it still loves, idk how possible.

i juz got announcement now i officialy mgr meddagpg is.\

now i dk why i need mgr. what i need create? booze pershaps? but we haz 1k+. idk... lets make booe . is dorfiest thign todo

i tol meddadog dorf mgr to make 100 drink

well thsi contgorted in fear is worrisome

also liek last 5 captchas have bene biiter fruit. liek, wtf?

my rooms being built, but ehh, if u was wanting progression of fort in this that not be happening man. i cant interpret let alone advamce this thijng

bins! masterwrok bines! idk even how to use bins yet we is makign a million! from where you ask? ellif i know!

no one is workign on my room. thats sad. idk, i try and maybe look aroudn then if no one gonan make y room. plz next person finish my room and assgn i be dorf mgr meddadog
i finally foudn teh worksops on same le e; as bedcs. i am too drunk i thinkf ro this because too k so long. so sleepy. may pass outl i read b4 clover while agho sed this fort does make dorf dun narcopelpy is maybr true.

i dont even think i f i wanted to at this point vcoudl i  detory fortress. maybe wqrex but he left cuz wtf wredx why u no play? nevet ot matue ro get drunka nd pay dorf fortress furnk.

laso i 2 or 3 dinks i9n ore and toom ore shots i may be more durnk than before you etwlel mre brol

oo i founds the 4 lever aspulla l levrs

mopar petitions of course you can live here adn be happy till uj die bc idk what i to do here. too complex orafort for me.

somehwos i flooded the dinign room. why taht lever water? make no sense it should not stop when off but doesnt when on?

side not i no longer fele my facdre.

m y chaifr has betrayed me. now i off chair fell to ground and am playing from ground to desk.

aoppprentlyu thee is an olm? wandering around. wtf is an olm? also fey mood. god help him if he/she need santybing. man this gfx mod half-2$$ery is messe dup. a lever instead of a leter. oh lordy. i need to figure tisout beter for next time

dis is one outta shape olm.
and watever fightin git is what? this dude be makin da olm skinny bc all he do is damage fat! wtf?

i haz done semeat good an told a dorf ilitary squat do mess upd a olm!

i think da olm be dead, has steel spear lodged firmly in head. cortesy a speardorf. idk who.

the bro wif the fey mood and teh lever name began someat,. idk what, we will see

construct complete but again mor enaked mole dog. this is the fort of the naked mole dog

this is what that is i thinks to meself

also pants lost again, too much effrpts/.

not sur ehow or where but dorfs be drowning

thas is abouts all i can do for now b4 i pass out getting savce idk wher eupload ill figure out

ok her ebe save:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgnnkhbxcqkaggr/Drunkfott8.zip?dl=0

i didnt accomplish anythign good, but oh well.

i hope at leats it was amusing to read!

please leave feedbakc/respond with feedback/if you enjoyed/etc ya!

all posted while still drunk, no revisions, no edits, this was an actual blow by blow
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:23:01 pm by Meddadog »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: September 03, 2016, 06:02:17 pm »

6:58   -  shot of smirnofg. not everclear by a long shot, but the burning is gone after more spritew. also watching linus tech tips and re-watched same video section like, 4 times. drunk = so distraction. oh well! bwahaha. lets go in for another shot!
That's the spirit!

Well, spirit when imbiding spirits but that is nitpicking

edit:
OK I will use this for the thread, and re-post the lineup: (oh cool, it started a new page, how convenient)

[spoiler]
well, is messy, but is 27" HP ips. is ok, lil washed out, and a 24" asus gaming monitor, idk the specificals. is nice when have therapist, but ^&*$% if i can figure out how to mod that in right now to mine. i say just blah, ill do without i guess. my rig, because I R proud of it... i7 6700k, coolermaster v8 cooler (air, but AWESOME!), gtx 970 (i so want 1080 but cant justify cost, blah), 16gb ddr4 (i cant recal brand atm), 850w evga supernova, a 1tb samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x 1tb 7200 rpm hdds. is nice i think. need a gpu upgrade, but ehhh, mnoney. dwarf fortress only needs cpu baby anyways! yahaha 6700k!

also i figured why my shorts unbuttoned, too tight with button! let unbutton commence!
Hey, that's nice. Certainly is better than my pc. (well, it used to be really good but that was years ago back when I could afford it) What frequency is your 6700k running and how's the temperature?
What are you trying to mod in? The Rapist for the current version?
Well, been there and done that (while taking a turn during an older version) Just ignore it. Trying to conjure up a new memory_layout while drunk is not worth it (and atleast I couldn't do it back then) and playing without the rapist will just make the turn more memorable.

Hey, Neptunia games on your desktop! Nep nep, Nep ded. (or atleast during mk2 conquest end)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 06:23:47 pm by Scruffy »

Et tu, Urist
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 341