Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do you feel about the use of guns in this setting?

We know how to make them and they're useful, mainline production.
- 4 (33.3%)
They seem out of place and run rather counter to a fantasy setting, avoid them.
- 2 (16.7%)
Get outta here, nerd, nobody finds guns that interesting.
- 1 (8.3%)
Go ahead and have the NPCs make em, but not worth player input.
- 1 (8.3%)
Support, but they shouldn't be the standard weapons.
- 4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43

Author Topic: {OOC Thread} If Bay12 was a Fortress 3  (Read 51679 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: {OOC THREAD} If Bay12 was a Fortress 3
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2015, 12:03:16 am »

All right, I started a PM.
I'm going to sleep now.
Let me wake up and counterpoint before making any decisions that directly affect my magic, 'kay?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2015, 03:23:46 am »

I'm at least trying to be said moderator, which is why my characters can't use magic. {Amp technically has psychic potential, but he won't be learning to use it, for various reasons.} Incidentally, if I end up being a crappy mediator, please tell me so I can try to fix rather than becoming mad and doing mad person things.

While I'm going to reply to the PM in the PM, we only need PMs for things we don't want anyone outside the PM to see at this point, since this thread basically exists to explode at random whenever an OOC issue comes up.

Even for stuff we don't want to be common knowledge, we can just use labeled spoilers and an honor system, I'd like to avoid having similar discussions in more than two places simultaneously.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2015, 03:45:18 am »

FishNet, you could usually trace him fairly precisely using the path, through ether or realspace, that his spell took. As is, however, you're almost completely drained, your arcane senses have just gone through what amounts to a firework display made of flashbang grenades, and the local field is drained enough that you don't actually have enough energy to set up the spell to redirect or cancel his.

...Well, you could, but you'd feed off your own life-energy and either die or become a quadriplegic, which I doubt you want at this point. It may look more appealing later, because I am entirely willing to let you lose if insufficient SMRTness happens.

However, you can certainly tell the general vicinity of the spell's origin, necros' territory is usually fairly obvious. If we sent a strike force, it would find him. On the other hand, the Mountainhomes have bigger problems than one outpost's zombie issue, and we only have around a hundred-fifty dwarves, which while a lot in-game, isn't very many at all by the standards of real life or worldgen, even armed with modern weapons, which they aren't.

Eye Spy scoutzed would indeed be either a direct link to the watcher's mind, or more likely to the creepy necromantic equivalent of a controller and display, which the necromancer is perforce right next to, but Eye Spy A Scoutzed is dedzed now unless our new friend wants it back on.

You can probably track the trail the energy took later, though if it went through the ether/aether/nevernever/fairyland/hyperspace/void/magical realm/whatever the path will likely get all twisty and weird within hours. Regardless, sending a force against him isn't really a good option right now, for a variety of reasons. One, he's stronger than you and Blaze together for reasons of fair, and two he really isn't our biggest long-term problem, trust me. :)

He doesn't have Joker Immunity, I'm just as fine letting you kill him as I am letting him kill us, but you'll have to be SMRT-ier than he is to pull it off.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2015, 11:41:18 am »

I'll get better.  ;P. But seriously, could doing what amounts to essentially a positive feedback loop work?  Using whatever small amount of power I have, to grab a bit more power, to etc. etc. etc., and then go for it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2015, 12:23:55 pm »

Yes, if you enjoy frying your brain with squick and possibly turning into a husk. Otherwise, you need to work on a way of exorcising thaumic energy.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2015, 01:47:38 pm »

Yes, if you enjoy frying your brain with squick and possibly turning into a husk. Otherwise, you need to work on a way of exorcising thaumic energy.
To which I say, energy converter.  Which I already have.
But seriously, it doesn't get full access to my brain, AND I have some protections that should work even in this environment.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2015, 03:58:57 pm »

You could try a feedback loop. Doing so is dangerous, but fully possible, and you're fairly experienced and should be able to do it, if you're careful. However, it'll take a while, we have a small horde of zombies after us, and uberspells do exhaust you in ways other than expending your supply of power. While you didn't exhaust yourself physically, you aren't in the best of shape mentally just now.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2015, 05:20:02 pm »

Ye.  Well, time to chop zombies to bits.  Cleanup later.  Gimme a bit to revise.
Sigtext

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2015, 11:58:10 pm »

I have no idea what is going on but I still kinda want to join in. Any advice?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2015, 12:09:48 am »

I have no idea what is going on but I still kinda want to join in. Any advice?
Go for it.
We've got a necro, an unrelated worldwide magic drain, references to Spearbreakers occasionally, magic magic magic magic and magic, which are all different, unreasonable levels of Narrativium, a FB we just mindzapped into understanding the concept of "this thing is helping me, I should not eat it", a "artifact" that may or may not actually be an artifact but certainly is a wonder of thaumic constructions, guns and black powder, and (currently) zombie troglodytes.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2015, 01:34:24 am »

Welcome! Currently the magic systems are rather unreasonably complex, but this is also an RP, as long as you accept our arcane idiosyncrasies, you don't really need to join them.

Fish has just given you a pretty reasonable explanation of our current situation, though he left out the  sealed-off uranium in the basement. The only advice I can think of is to play smart, because the cleverest one wins, even against the GM {Me}. Beside that, just jump right in. You can show up in just about any scenario you like, as long as it becomes at least a little relevant soon.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2015, 01:48:03 am »

[THREAD ORIGIN POST EDITED, NOTE ANY RELEVANT CHANGES]
Muh FG--OOC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2015, 05:50:07 pm »

I have an artifact as well. im a blacksmith, weapon-smith, armor-smith, ect-smith.

im also the one the first introduced magic into this one.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2015, 05:51:35 pm »

I have an artifact as well. im a blacksmith, weapon-smith, armor-smith, ect-smith.

im also the one the first introduced magic into this one.
Oh yeah, your not-you character...
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2015, 06:55:04 pm »

Blaze, part of the reason I'm limiting your actions so severely is that left to himself, your character would become somewhat Suetiful, which would end well for nobody. High Elves {Which you are, not living in a tree and using wooden weapons} tend to be halfway to Sueness by default, so having one with omnimagical abilities is less than good.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43