Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 279216 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day2 - Kill Webadict Now Rule]
« Reply #1080 on: November 15, 2009, 02:49:45 am »

Spoiler: babbling about WIFOM (click to show/hide)

The short of all that:  Most of your post, Mr.Person, is ignored. What's left is wishy washiness, a desire to take up both sides of the fence, and a wish to flood the town with babble than actually hunting for someone (you think Shadow is going to take a deep interest in ONE quick, VERY passive attack stuck in the middle of a mass of self-defense?)

Consider that a FoS with serious thought towards what my next moves will be.

You act like WIFOM is an ultimate evil. Well, it is bad, but it doesn't have to dominate things. I would say to ignore it, but the proper response would really be to read it, take your first instincts on the first pass, and go with that. Don't read into WIFOMy statements too much. "Oh, but that's what he wants me to think, I'd better read into the statement a whole lot!". You'll get nowhere with that, but sure, go ahead. I won't stop anyone from wasting their own time. Who knows, maybe somebody will figure out I'm town from reading into my WIFOMy statement.

Alright, look at it this way. If I was scum, why would I make the post? To WIFOM the town? Maybe, maybe, but realistically, so I could get away with not hammering Neruz. If I was town, I would post the WIFOM there to say something scummy that happens to be my thoughts, but mainly, I don't want to hammer Neruz. Thus, null tell, and in either case, I would want to make it as null-telliest as possible. Thus the WIFOM.

Now you've got an easy job: Determine if I don't want to hammer Neruz because I truly can't read him or because I have alterior motives. It's that easy. Wow, it's like you're... determining if I'm lying? Wow, it's like a regular game of mafia all over again!

Wait, how is pre-defending oneself scummy, exactly? Dakarian, you're blowing a little bit of null-tell WIFOM out of proportion. Good job mentioning it, bad job on trying to make me look scummy for it without getting aggressive at all.

Yes, I do expect SHAD0Wdump to take interest in my request (requests aren't attacks, mate). Why wouldn't I?

He said that people who don't vote for him are scummy.

Wat?
Seriously, this entire situation smacks so hard of scum really not wanting to hammer me for fear of drawing attention that i can almost taste it.

Which is a good point, btw, but I dunno why you would bring that up. That's kinda what I meant, you're basically saying 'Lynch me or you'll look scummy", which is obviously false.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 15, 2009, 03:06:38 am »

I do believe WIFOM is the ultimate evil.  I believe it's more powerful than the Night Kill.  I've seen towns knowing, KNOWING who the scum is and pulling back because of it. 

Not getting aggressive.  Funny that.  I've said to your face that you are being wishy washy, passive, and self-defensive.  Do you take those as compliments?

THIS post though can be summed up as: "I don't think Neruz is scum"

Though it also has a hint of "I'm not that interested on who scum is." 

Though, in truth, your entire post, and much of the other post is for this goal:

Who knows, maybe somebody will figure out I'm town from reading into my WIFOMy statement.

Aka, you want to look town.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 15, 2009, 03:11:07 am »

Which is a good point, btw, but I dunno why you would bring that up. That's kinda what I meant, you're basically saying 'Lynch me or you'll look scummy", which is obviously false.

Oh, no, it's the people who are flip-flopping over whether to lynch me, saying that they think i'm scum but then backing off at the last minute who look scummy.

It's not "Lynch me or you'll look scummy." it's "Make up your mind or you'll look scummy." Which is perfectly valid.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 15, 2009, 03:17:14 am »

I honestly think that this Neruz lynch has gotten out of hand. It's like a feud that has gone on for so long that nobody can quite remember what started it in the first place (and any stories surrounding the beginning are warped by time).

What I'm saying is that I no longer am clear about what started this. I am going to try to outline it and more observant people are welcome to correct me.

Toony's original accusations were flimsy at best. Neruz' vote-craziness really does seem staged and I am willing to believe that he was looking for reactions (seeing as he has acted fairly calmly afterwards). Since then he has been able to defend himself without looking too scummy and still contributing to town conversation.

However, if I missed something big and you point it out to me, then I'd be more than willing to hammer. Until then, we should keep talking.

Rashilul: My vote on you happened so long ago that I have forgotten the reasons. So I'll ask you this, What does all this look like to you? Is there anybody on your scum-list?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 15, 2009, 01:49:46 pm »

SHAD0Wdump, why are you voting Neruz?
Um... Heh...

I thought it would hammer... <_<==>_>

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 15, 2009, 01:51:45 pm »

And no progression is made!

Unvote dakarian.

Vote Neruz.  Screw you guys and your waiting.  NOTHING IS GOING TO GET DONE.  Let's see if he was Town or Mafia now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 15, 2009, 02:05:35 pm »

BTW, Dak, I have never voted for ToonyMan. I've only voted for Neruz this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 15, 2009, 02:06:40 pm »

No one ever seriously votes me without something crazy happening.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 15, 2009, 02:16:09 pm »

THAT is hammer.  Now, to see how it turned out.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 15, 2009, 03:52:12 pm »

Tired of waiting, you take Neruz to the top of a tower, set him on fire, and throw him off the side. Bits of ‼Neruz‼ explode against the ground. You realize upon closer explanation that he was made of rock!

Neruz - Altar of the World Machine
  You are an altar. If there was a cult, it would make sacrifices on you, but there is not. Instead, you've become able to ALTER things FOR the World Machine. You are a redirector. Redirect [Player1] to [Player2] (or back to [Player1]) will cause [Player1] to change his target. You win when all scum are dead.

No wonder it took so long to haul him to the top of the execution tower.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 2

NIGHT 2 ENDS AT 9 PM PACIFIC ON TUESDAY.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Night2 - About Time]
« Reply #1090 on: November 18, 2009, 02:36:02 pm »

Night extended to when I get back from classes today.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 18, 2009, 10:22:38 pm »

You all awaken the next morning to discover Apostolic Nihilist has been stabbed to death in an alleyway! OH NOOOOOOO!

Org, you noticed, did nothing last night, but he responded to a prod so he won't be replaced but I fucking swear Org, go inactive again and I skip straight to replacing you.

Anyway:

Apostolic Nihilist - Charles Darwin
  You are, as the father of the concept of evolution, in possession of the powers of mutation. Each night, you can mutate, which will give you one or more of the following powers until you next mutate:
Kill
Inspect
Protect
Roleblock

You may draw any possible variant of the roles your receive with those powers (for instance, 0% vig, CPR Doctor, insane daycop) due to your own doubt in your theory. You win when all scum are dead.

You know what to do.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 18, 2009, 10:23:04 pm »

KILL WEBADICT NOW RULE IS NO LONGER IN PLACE

TRY AGAIN RULE IS NOW IN PLACE
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day3 - Natural Selection, 14 Alive]
« Reply #1093 on: November 18, 2009, 11:59:11 pm »

Shadowdump, why did you want to hammer?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Role Mafia - Panda Edition Day3 - Natural Selection, 14 Alive]
« Reply #1094 on: November 19, 2009, 12:00:47 am »

Back to three.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 151