Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to mod tilesets in?  (Read 2539 times)

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to mod tilesets in?
« on: November 16, 2016, 06:19:09 pm »

I may just be unable to find it, if one exists, but is there anythign to help with the how-to of loading a tileset? I am trying to load a Phoebus (if it has an update for 43.04 anyways) set into 43.04.

I just have absolutely no clue where to even start. Can anyone offer assistance?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to mod tilesets in?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 11:36:36 pm »

You want DF v0.43.04? Are you sure you don't mean v0.43.05? If you want DF v0.43.05, there are some Lazy Newb Packs that can make installing that easy:

BareBones Lazy Newb Pack for Windows
BareBone Lazy Newb Pack for Mac

If you really want Phoebus for DF v0.43.04, download Phoebus for DF v0.43.05 and then delete the /raw/objects/creature_next_underground.txt text file (to make it compatible with DF v0.43.04).

The installation procedure is different depending on if you are installing into an existing save or not. Installing into existing saves is more tricky and has more potential to mess things up. I'd recommend Lazy Newb Packs for installing and switching graphics. They make it so much more simple, less tedious, and less risky.

If you haven't created a save file yet:

Drag the files from /Phoebus/data/art/ into your /Dwarf Fortress/data/art/ folder.
Drag the files from /Phoebus/data/init/ into your /Dwarf Fortress/data/init/ folder.
Drag the files from /Phoebus/raw/objects/ into your /Dwarf Fortress/raw/objects/ folder. (Make sure you deleted the creature_next_underground.txt file from Phoebus first.)
Delete the /Dwarf Fortress/raw/graphics/ folder.
Drag the /Phoebus/raw/graphics/ folder into your /Dwarf Fortress/raw/ folder.

If you've created a save file already, after doing the above, open your /Dwarf Fortress/data/save/region x/raw/ folder, delete the "graphics" folder, then the /Phoebus/raw/graphics/ folder into there. Then copy the contents of /Phoebus/raw/objects/ into /Dwarf Fortress/data/save/region x/raw/objects/.

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 10:19:43 am »

Yeah its for 43.04. I like participating in the drunk fortress game, but its 43.04.

Ill try those things out! Thanks!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 04:17:56 pm »

You can use 0.43.05 and just have more than one bar-keep in your tavern.  You'll get lots of over-drinking that way.

There are instructions on how to install a standard tileset in the DF wiki Tileset Repository page.  Some tilesets make changes to the raws, and for those you'll have to look at the install instructions they come with, or use something like the LNP to get them installed correctly.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"