Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 852385 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8520 on: January 13, 2021, 09:07:37 pm »

Nope.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: January 13, 2021, 10:04:16 pm »

Did you get a pcr?

Are you asking if they got their DNA harvested

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: January 13, 2021, 10:17:29 pm »

Presumably a PCR test, which is meant to tell you if you have a active covid infection going on.

It’s the one in which they try to extract your brain through your nostril with a cotton bud.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: January 13, 2021, 10:18:44 pm »

Oh I connected what they said to doing the polymerase chain reaction on Dwarfy's DNA...
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: January 14, 2021, 02:08:24 am »

Get a cheap dvd drive? I've got about half a dozen lying around just from dismantling ye olde pcs so they can't be that expensive. For 10yrs or so every basic pc came with one. Check the attics of relatives.

If you can't find a 2nd hand one it might be cheaper just to buy it again on GOG though.
I have a laptop that needs a specific kind and I know where to get one but with this stupid COVID shit I can't go to the thrift store that has loads of computer stuff, I was manly hoping to get something working with what I have because I didn't want to have to buy it again.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8525 on: January 14, 2021, 02:36:25 am »

I actually have a few old SATA style laptop DVD drives rotting in drawers...  What kind do you need exactly?

As for the "needs a drive to make the image" problem, if you have more than one computer, and shared wifi, you can use a different computer to make thr ISO file, then use windows file sharing to get the file to the laptop. (Or just use a usb stick)

I have a NAS i keep disc images on, and just mount them straight from there with the dvd emulator. Works fine for me.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 02:43:06 am by wierd »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: January 14, 2021, 07:21:00 am »

I actually have a few old SATA style laptop DVD drives rotting in drawers...  What kind do you need exactly?
What kind of Info do you need.

Also I had an idea I might be able to pull the CD drive from the external disc drive and swap it out with a DVD drive I have, if that works out than I guess getting a new one for the laptop itself isn't that big a deal any more.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: January 14, 2021, 08:01:39 am »

Oh I connected what they said to doing the polymerase chain reaction on Dwarfy's DNA...
I would definitely be up for this. Polymerase chain reactions are very cool.

Of course not ALL my DNA. Just some.  :P

Imagine if the process never stopped. DwarfNA takes over the world. I am the only survivor (possibly also very close family), saved by my genetic compatability with the....

Wait sorry what were we talking about again?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: January 15, 2021, 07:11:48 am »

hmmmmmm

So I'm looking for people's opinions of the best way to try to 'mock' invest in the stock market.  I don't have a particular market in mind, just 'the market'.  Something I can dip my toe into, or just track a few stocks to build up some confidence in my choices when I do invest.

Any ideas?  The internet seems to not be of too much use - just provides me with information over-saturation.
Investopedia has a stock simulator that is only 15 minutes slower than the real thing.

My mom would recommend just doing actual trading but with a tiny portfolio, just like, oh, I don't know, 10 or 20 bucks or something? Since individual stock prices tend to be cheap you're basically just doing the same stock thing, just with smaller stakes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: January 15, 2021, 07:28:16 am »

I have found a DVD drive that works in my laptop, borrowed it from one that needs to be fixed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8530 on: January 15, 2021, 05:14:55 pm »

I am reminded everyday the capacity of my close family to heap humiliation and abuse on those around them for no profit or motive

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: January 17, 2021, 09:34:47 am »

I dunno why, but there's something inherently disgusting about these pill multivitamins that have a flavor that isn't just bitter or none. Just... why? I want nothing more than to just swallow the closest equivalent to food pills without tasting anything. I just want a nice capsule that insulates me from whatever the fuck they put in these vitamins that make them taste like milk or something.

Just... ugh. I hate the taste. I can't believe my parents take this crap daily. I'd throw them out, but they're still perfectly good vitamins that just taste like the Uncanny Valley of food. Plus, my parents gave them to me, so I'm not about to look ungrateful by doing that.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: January 17, 2021, 05:09:15 pm »

Hide them in a lump of cheese, this always fools my cat.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: January 17, 2021, 05:12:18 pm »

The taste is probably from the beer yeast that's in a lot of multivitamins (beer yeast contains B vitamins and zinc).
It tastes somewhat uncanny, even for someone who enjoys tasting all the various special beers like me.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: January 18, 2021, 11:22:44 am »

-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 12:13:06 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 777