Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2027871 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12525 on: June 28, 2016, 04:02:29 pm »

Ahah, there we go. I've genned a monster-infested realm while still leaving room for some civs to thrive, so I can start as someone able to

I am now a polar bear maceman, who swiftly ditched his silver morning star for a wooden club. Already we have a lair to clear out, just down the river from the outskirts of this dark fortress.

I kinda wish I'd tweaked worldgen to produce an extent elven civ though, so I could start with crappy wooden gear and thus an excuse to trade up.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #12526 on: June 28, 2016, 04:04:17 pm »

The game just likes slapping me with cutesy names as the first coherent thing available. Got Helpedlove this time.

I am fully expecting the game to spit something like this out eventually.

It could be your entity's naming scheme.  Or possibly related to spheres.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12527 on: June 28, 2016, 04:11:14 pm »

Nyahahah! A giant, easily KO'd with a Fade Strike, thanks to a certain gardevoir for my being aware of this technique. XP

Now, I guess I'll step it up to a bone club, up until I get a much denser treant wooden club.

EDIT: Oh hey, speaking of which...next lair I run into is a treant. >w>

EDIT 2: Took bloody well long enough.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:36:51 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12528 on: June 28, 2016, 06:10:48 pm »

Finally found the fourth and final library in this world and checked out a bunch of volumes on various subjects. I retired nearby and started a fort. Now it is time to build.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12529 on: June 28, 2016, 07:41:02 pm »

The majority of the run so far has been slow travel with all of its natural  benefits due to the consistent practice of ambusher, but recently Kamuk's been fast traveling through the hillocks of Gatecut, Mintshot, Cavenoiseless and many others. Taiga dwarves must be fond of the cold, as Kamuk has gone for so long without layering up properly. Now he'll stickto wearing 1 dress, 2 robes, 1 leather armor as this is just easier to maintain than the 6 dresses, 3 robes model advocated by DF2014:Armor. If you slow travel enough, the tick count is such that  everything falls apart due to wear.

At the fortress Vaultreleased, Kamuk takes some time out to make use of its library. He's found a few well written books, mostly concerning astronomy and rainfall, all copies, that he'll be taking with him. One thing that seems to have been passed over during the fix allowing a character to put items into cabinets, is the bookcase. Kamuk leaves copy of "The Stars, My Life" on a table. It has no place to go.

In the Vaultreleased  tavern, while drinking some ale, Kamuk does a bit of leatherwork, trying to drop the quality of some items found (he still refuses to wear items of quality), moving to novice in skill as his agility reaches superior. During this interlude, a goblin maceman recites some poetry. The only focused listener is the goblin swordswoman a few tables over.

After stockpiling clothes, Kamuk's looking to build a couple of small lodges through taiga and tundra, each acting as a frozen lillypad from which to leapfrog about.

This region seems to have about 14 night troll lairs based on brief viewing of the "bring up specific incident/rumor" menu. Kamuk hasn't digitally questioned any listener about the beasts of this area. As mentioned before, the discovery of shrine and lair this run will be completely analog. The normal routine if you want to monster hunt is to populate the map via "spread rumor" or "ask for directions" and then you know what's out there. There aren't any surprises. Of course, you don't run any risk of dying once that happens.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12530 on: June 28, 2016, 07:56:57 pm »

Nyahahah! A giant, easily KO'd with a Fade Strike, thanks to a certain gardevoir for my being aware of this technique. XP
Hehe :3 Glad to help!
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12531 on: June 28, 2016, 08:20:29 pm »

hey guys, been awhile, looks like we have some new people about!

Current adventure, I am a dwarf, and I am robbing people in a human village, eventually ill kill someone and become  a lieutenant for the local bandit leader so I can get quests from him.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12532 on: June 29, 2016, 02:45:11 pm »

Well, other some modding tweaks I think I finally got that "start as an elf in an almost-uninhabitable world" idea down pat, so now...

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Well, after some wandering and such, I Fade Strike'd a shoggoth to death. Need to hurry the fuck up and get my foot washed off because it got gooped. D:

EDIT 2: I am cheesing the FUCK out of a hydra.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:07:03 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: June 29, 2016, 11:11:52 pm »

Kamuk stops in The Soaked Forests to start his first outpost.

He starts with the one tile wall and one tile roof of silliness. Now he's safe from bogeymen >_>

After a week and then some he finishes the first build. He did install a floor hatch on the roof, but it isn't showing on the 2nd z-lvl window.

Since there really aren't any invaders, Kamuk leaves a one tile opening on the roof above the 1st z-lvl firepit. Otherwise he'd install he a grate. But it's actually better like this since you can see the red glow of that eternal campfire/home incinerator.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12534 on: June 29, 2016, 11:31:01 pm »

Oh fuck me. After trying to find loose obsidian by checking several volcanoes, I settle down innawoods, at the end of a stream. And what stone is readily available here? OBSIDIAN.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12535 on: June 29, 2016, 11:38:39 pm »

The gods were testing you.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12536 on: June 29, 2016, 11:40:54 pm »

And rewarded me with the perfect place to settle down. It's got water, edible plants, trees, useful stone, and it's in an evil biome.

EDIT: "You are now in control of The Wilted Shrine, ruling The Light Flutes from The Ward of Flowers."

EDIT 2: Figured I'd retire a bit and examine legends. The world has 177 humans, 187 goblins, and...30 elves. Meanwhile I've purged 4 lairs out of...1414.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:17:59 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12537 on: June 30, 2016, 01:06:59 am »

And rewarded me with the perfect place to settle down. It's got water, edible plants, trees, useful stone, and it's in an evil biome.

EDIT: "You are now in control of The Wilted Shrine, ruling The Light Flutes from The Ward of Flowers."

EDIT 2: Figured I'd retire a bit and examine legends. The world has 177 humans, 187 goblins, and...30 elves. Meanwhile I've purged 4 lairs out of...1414.

Make the humanoids visit your village, and trap them for their own safety. Then make the megabeasts come to you, and fight them on your own terms! (Read: in danger-filled twisting corridors)

bleekmiddel

• Bay Watcher
  • who are you gonna call? DWARF FORTRESS!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12538 on: June 30, 2016, 01:14:26 am »

Just figured out bogeyman can climb trees now will have to figure out another way to survive them i guess

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12539 on: June 30, 2016, 01:18:26 am »

Madness. This elf is no sweet-talking weaver of the forest. He takes of the tree, of stone, of bone and giant's heart. Nor is he some dwarf, not that such baleful creatures ever had a chance to exist in this realm.

After some time in retirement, barely enough to rest in the crude wayshrine built with the wicked axe, Cana Combathawk the Lonely Enchantment of...Skirts...hungers for battle, to cleanse the blighted land one lair at a time.

Leave it to DF to give me a derpy as fuck title.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 1104