Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 25 - Game over, Recaps start at page 28  (Read 33080 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 25 - The Plot thickens
« Reply #255 on: February 10, 2017, 11:48:06 am »

Aha gotcha, I send you a pm and stuff.

Alright - the turn file is corrupted and there appears to be no fix around besides "take the stale". This could have happend to any of us and I would like to ask, that if possible, anyone at war or working against agartha this turn, holds back and "kinda stales" on there Agartha front. I'm certain one would appriciate having the same treatment if you get unlucky enough to get the corrupted file.

I pm'd the direct neigbours of Agartha / Shadowlord and once Agartha is the only player with a turn missing I will force the turn.

Sorry : /
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 03:04:47 am by ThtblovesDF »

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 11, 2017, 04:22:40 am »

Maybe the update had something to do with it? Is your game on version 4.29?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2017, 06:37:07 am »

It's something that just happens sadly. This makes it about the third time that I've seen it happen. First time it happened to me was during my Worst Game of dominions ever.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2017, 10:48:52 am »

Llamabeast has sent me a copy of the turn file directly from the server, so I'll be trying to load that in a few minutes.

Edit: And it loads!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:30:23 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2017, 12:59:05 pm »

"Worst game ever" sounds quite horrible, why so?

Also, Yay!

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2017, 01:16:01 pm »

Llamabeast has sent me a copy of the turn file directly from the server, so I'll be trying to load that in a few minutes.

Edit: And it loads!

Awesome! Congrats.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2017, 02:25:49 pm »

"Worst game ever" sounds quite horrible, why so?
I was on a disciples team of 2 other people, and getting people to submit their turns turned into a chore. Team members constantly out of touch, and it was my first multiplayer game of dominions. I think at one point I complained about it so much to Gunner-chan she told me that if I hated it so much why was I playing it. I then got pushed into subbing for someone else's disciple game right after and it burned me out on the game for about a year.

So yeah, my advice is if the only thing keeping you in the game is social obligation and it stops being fun, seriously get out. And as much as I would prefer people finding replacements, I wouldn't even judge too hard if you went AI. It's just better for your fun of the game.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 12, 2017, 03:07:54 am »

You ever wonder if your last turn is a complete fuckup of a pretty good victory? Genuinely curious what the heck happened here. Other than... THAT.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 12, 2017, 04:32:44 am »

Yeah that sucks.

For those no longer in the game - Thestis blessing was disspelled, leading to some light loses. It will be up again next turn, no worries.

But it did cost me like 20 commanders, the message list this turn is intense. But hey the upkeep costs went waaay down there...

Edit: Aha, ok. I was like "Oh god, don't let that post be about me".

Also, the drowning of my armies apperently shocked all my scouts, because freaking 5 of them all got "found" this turn, more then all instances of being found before. Strange.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 05:09:00 am by ThtblovesDF »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 12, 2017, 04:58:59 am »

Oh, I wasn't talking about Thetis' blessing it's more that I reduced an army from 2500 units to just 4 princips, while also killing all mages. Including a Harbinger. All it took was some heavy losses to the point I consider it to be the first time I lost some serious magery. We just mumified the rest.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #265 on: February 12, 2017, 12:03:24 pm »

I actually jumped a little in real life when I saw the dispell worked.

Also, if that was "light" losses, I'm wondering what you would consider heavy. That was like 200-300 soldiers, now in Davy Jones' Locker.
Check out my books at O and H Books

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 12, 2017, 02:15:04 pm »

My score graph looks pretty wild now, I'll give you that ; )

I had a long time without any wars, I've got backup. And even if I didn't, I'd claim as much in public.

The item-loses are annoying however - I don't think it really affected any other nation however?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 12, 2017, 04:56:27 pm »

I lost four or five mages at an underwater right as they tried to break out of a siege. I probably would have lost the battle even with them, though.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 12, 2017, 05:14:28 pm »

I lost a sizeable army in the water... Fortunately I had quite a few amphibious units who stayed and finished the fight.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #269 on: February 12, 2017, 05:20:34 pm »

Didn't mean to drown anyone except Ulm (and any UW Nazcans, really.) I considered warning Sceleria as an ally against Nazca, but I figured they didn't have anyone UW. I hope.

Moral of the story: Thetis is a fickle lady elemental queen being thing. Particularly when someone has Astral access.
Check out my books at O and H Books
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29