Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1273983 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1095 on: July 05, 2013, 08:18:55 am »

Spoiler: SLAMMERHEAD SHARK (click to show/hide)
If I wasn't so attached to my current avatar I would take this as my avatar.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 05, 2013, 12:08:43 pm »

Spoiler: SLAMMERHEAD SHARK (click to show/hide)
If I wasn't so attached to my current avatar I would take this as my avatar.
Just use signavatar, then.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 05, 2013, 02:12:37 pm »

I wish I could draw, really. All I can do is do minor presidigitation with computers :c
I didn't know how to draw either. Just kept staring and tracing with my fingers @ realistic artworks. :p

IMO, the learning process differs from person to person. But they always start at one point which they plan to grow from.

Like stickfigures.

Or line art.

Or 3D art. :D

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 05, 2013, 03:37:45 pm »

Star Citizen has awesome trailers, and I've discovered a sketchy new brush that works wonders for quick clouds, add on some random details, a plane of some sort and you've got a doodle :D

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 05, 2013, 06:00:56 pm »

Spoiler: tophatsaurus (click to show/hide)
You, sir, have been sketched a fanart. (Also, woo, I guess; first tablet pic I've posted)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1100 on: July 05, 2013, 08:00:55 pm »

OH SNAP

I love you for this. C: (also yer gon' love your tablet, i know i'm loving mine already)

@Jopax: that

that is not a doodle

i can tell from the awesome and from seeing quite a few doodles in my time

I love cloudy floaty scenes like that, they make me feel all dreamy and stuff! c:

also since you seem slightly confused as to what a doodle actually is allow me to enlighten you
The big robot dude might end up being an elite mook in a later game of mine, the super badly drawn human is just there for size comparison. Note that the game i'm thinking about will mostly have you fighting other human(oid)s and medium-sized creatures in melee. Big robot dude, although not tremendously bigger than a human, is a bona fide combat robot with heavy armor, an arm cannon for blasting and a claw hand for smashing and crushing. Basically a kind of foe that you'll either try to actively avoid or take on for the challenge, because being within range is just generally a very bad idea. Here, that means it shoots hard, hits hard and is very tough to take down, so much so that you WILL lose a slugfest with just one of them. I'm not wholly sure why, but i like the idea of having enemies that can defeat you on an individual basis if you don't keep your wits about. Possibly because it feels all the more badass to beat them, then. :U

of course i'll have to finish Angry Laser Space first, but hey, i've been meaning to draw this guy for a while now
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 05, 2013, 09:53:51 pm »

These forums are awesome.

@Jopax: there's no way in earth I could do something similar, even if I had the same tools as you. That's good old talent shining on there.
It's amazing to be able to trace the light sources in a drawing.

@Shook: Hey, you even got fan-art! Yeah, getting used to the tablet is pretty hard at first, it's a whole new level of hand-eye coordination and lines tend to be squiggly. Also, the big robot dude brought some Speess Mareenss images to my mind, namely of the Terminator kind. Claw hands are terribly underrated, but they're fit for badasses in hard sci-fi environments. Such a description fits a couple of mechas I'm pretty fond of, this and this.

Without further ado, something I did today. I don't have a scanner with me right now and my pencil line requires some strenght.

I recently bought Eric Shanower's Age of Bronze, or at least the first four volumes, out of 32 released so far. I'm coupling that with an Iliad re-reading, out of a 1950 translation by E. V. Rieu. I'll have some fun for a while.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 05, 2013, 10:16:40 pm »

Here is the drawing I mentioned in the happy thread. Still trying to figure out how eyes that aren't quite facing sideways nor look towards the viewer are supposed to be drawn.
My tumblr.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 05, 2013, 10:50:45 pm »

Star Citizen has awesome trailers, and I've discovered a sketchy new brush that works wonders for quick clouds, add on some random details, a plane of some sort and you've got a doodle :D

I love the clouds, excellent work!
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 06, 2013, 10:17:01 am »

Here is the drawing I mentioned in the happy thread. Still trying to figure out how eyes that aren't quite facing sideways nor look towards the viewer are supposed to be drawn.

The direction looks OK, placement not so much. Left eye (right from his perspective) needs to be symmetrically placed with the right eye. Right now it's too far up and looks hideously mutated/shrunken (which it might not if the face were at an actual perspective, but based on the almost straight-on placement of the other features, it's not at all).

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 06, 2013, 10:37:42 am »

The direction looks OK, placement not so much. Left eye (right from his perspective) needs to be symmetrically placed with the right eye. Right now it's too far up and looks hideously mutated/shrunken (which it might not if the face were at an actual perspective, but based on the almost straight-on placement of the other features, it's not at all).
Okay so just write it off as drugs.
My tumblr.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 06, 2013, 11:29:20 am »

A few simple things that can help you with this:

-The cheek bone and brow should protrude a bit compared to the eye socket on the left side of the drawing.  Eyes are generally recessed from the the rest of the face a bit.  You won't always have skin visible between the eye and the edge of the face, don't be afraid of having the actual eyeball be part of the edge of your face.

-While the top half of the face is facing slightly to the left, the jaw is facing directly at the viewer.  Have the jaw turned slightly to the left as well.  Move the chin to the left a bit and show the jawline on the right side of the drawing
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 06, 2013, 01:54:50 pm »

Why can't I understand shading and cloth wrinkles :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 06, 2013, 05:05:09 pm »

Here's some more, inspired by Modesteps Sunlight, awesome song, and the dubstep component always brings out the violently twisted ideas for creatures and monsters and whatever else might be lurking inside this head of mine :D

Took about an hour or so, maybe more, used that one cool hexagonal brush and one texture brush for the background noise.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1109 on: July 06, 2013, 08:30:28 pm »

Oh man, that kind of looks like a krogan cthulhu/zerg overmind! I must admit i had never thought i'd be thinking of anything to be of that particular combination, at all. But it's hardcore and awesome. I'm sure you can tell by now that love your artings. c:

Claw hands are terribly underrated, but they're fit for badasses in hard sci-fi environments.
I concur, they're both useful and terrifying weapons. A simple claw is far more durable than complex construction that is a hand, and thus can be smashed into the face of someone without breaking. At the same time, it can also provide grabbing and crushing action, which, when paired with the overwhelming strength of a machine, is a scary notion indeed.
Awesome sketches, by the way! You got some super good poses going on there. c:

also today my brain decided to make a red thing
the only thing i am sure of is that it's sort of an aircraft
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 845