Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1273972 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #7125 on: April 13, 2016, 06:43:04 pm »

Spot on. Memorizing the full 3D shape of anything complex is VERY HARD, so it's a great idea to build these complex forms out of simpler ones. I personally do it in an extremely lazy and likely ineffective manner that probably shouldn't be seen as a go-to example, but the most important parts of construction is to guide your lines and to make a blank canvas less intimidating. As usual, Andrew Loomis ends up covering it quite well. :v

also here have a giraffe

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: April 13, 2016, 06:48:54 pm »

Possibly the best character I've done yet. Not that that's saying anything, I'm literally 1/10 on Art.

I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: April 13, 2016, 06:53:15 pm »

a scene of a teaser i must do for my Videogames Class project...the game is supposed to be some kind of resource management game using prefab modules made out of primitives. im not an artist myself. but the game is supposed to have a minimalist style. i dont know how much minimalism i can get with the teaser, but this looks like right from MS Paint. and i was using Inkscape...

any advice? 

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: April 13, 2016, 06:58:15 pm »

I'm happy with some parts but iffy on others. Any thoughts on it?
Well, it's a bit hard to judge without more context. Can you tell me more about the project?
The idea is that it's a multiplayer simulation game like Space Station 13. Instead of a space station it's set in a fallout shelter and instead of fighting a traitor (Though there would be a traitor gamemode), the main goal is to either fully repair the rapidly failing systems of the fallout shelter or be the last man standing at the end.
Sounds pretty cool. I'd imagine that a main difference would be the underground nature of the map, changing the dynamic considerably.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: April 13, 2016, 07:02:20 pm »

Possibly the best character I've done yet. Not that that's saying anything, I'm literally 1/10 on Art.

Here's Rhodri. His home has been demolished, and the only things keeping him alive are his father's scythe and his nan's woolly jumper.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7130 on: April 14, 2016, 07:17:12 pm »

Ok so, some general feedback for you (as in, applies to both drawings)!

Spoiler: werds if you want them (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: sizespoilerlol (click to show/hide)

a scene of a teaser i must do for my Videogames Class project...the game is supposed to be some kind of resource management game using prefab modules made out of primitives. im not an artist myself. but the game is supposed to have a minimalist style. i dont know how much minimalism i can get with the teaser, but this looks like right from MS Paint. and i was using Inkscape...

any advice?
Yep! One thing, to be exact: The straight lines should be distorted by the curvature of the planet/moon. something like this, but in case that doesn't make much sense, the closer you get to the edges of a globe, the more squished the features on it are going to be. Also note, a line that's parallel to the radius of the globe (i.e. points directly towards the center of the visible circle) is going to be completely straight, although if it has a significant thickness, it'll be thinner towards the edges.

and now

clouds

A tilted brush is apparently the scumbaggest of all tricks when it comes to making acceptable clouds quickly. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: April 14, 2016, 07:58:13 pm »

I'm happy with some parts but iffy on others. Any thoughts on it?
Well, it's a bit hard to judge without more context. Can you tell me more about the project?
The idea is that it's a multiplayer simulation game like Space Station 13. Instead of a space station it's set in a fallout shelter and instead of fighting a traitor (Though there would be a traitor gamemode), the main goal is to either fully repair the rapidly failing systems of the fallout shelter or be the last man standing at the end.
Sounds pretty cool. I'd imagine that a main difference would be the underground nature of the map, changing the dynamic considerably.
Thank you! Yeah, I imagine the contrast between the bunker and the blasted surface would be a key theme.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: April 14, 2016, 09:56:43 pm »

Spoiler: More space people (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: April 14, 2016, 10:14:01 pm »

Nice spessmans.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: April 14, 2016, 10:31:18 pm »

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: April 14, 2016, 11:52:44 pm »

Spoiler: More space people (click to show/hide)

This girl is so hardcore, space radiation can mutate her hand into a coffee cup, spilling its contents into zero gravity, and she's only mildly annoyed.

Not meant as a criticism

+2 on the nice art
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7136 on: April 14, 2016, 11:56:18 pm »

And the guy looks like my old physics teacher, and I assure you, that guy was hardcore. I have been led to belive he smoked like ten packs a day and threw a pool party every weekend and yet was one of the most ridiculously strict (at the same time fair and pretty fun actually) teachers around.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: April 15, 2016, 12:26:40 am »

I love that swishing robe-skirt thing on the first uniform. Also the miffed look on space coffee girl; friggin' Microgravity, right?

I like it! :3

Plex

• Bay Watcher
  • Trapped in HFS, send toilet paper
    • View Profile
    • Welp
« Reply #7138 on: April 15, 2016, 12:54:14 am »

I like how everyone is actually doing something with their lives, and all I do is spend hours trying to slaughter reanimated horse skins in an old crappy game made with ASCII art.
I ain't gonna sign on the dotted line!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: April 15, 2016, 08:20:07 am »

Don't worry, I'm also being worthless.
I just visit this thread for the pretty pretty pictures.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 845