Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 333430 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1755 on: January 06, 2016, 12:09:34 pm »

"My, that felt odd. Good, though. Very good."

Xan moves the arm about, getting used to having one again. He then goes and leans over the side to yell out to the alligator.

"My thanks! Now then, what would you want in exchange for that hat you mentioned?"

Asking about hat
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 06, 2016, 02:18:00 pm »

Haul more merchandise down. Another armor set, four spears, a bow and a heap of arrows. Conduct the hat request and a voice device request. Trade for map of the place beyond the storm clouds.
Attempt to sell the talking rock. The loud pirate-y one.

- Now look, we got even more of this stuff up there, that should be our trade for the smaller stuff, like boose, hat, arm, bullets and maps. Now say, would you, by chance, be interested in buying a living rock? It talks and rolls around by itself and such.

((I'm calling my right to take offensive action against inactive player, fillipk))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:43:53 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 06, 2016, 04:17:42 pm »

((I'm calling my right to take offensive action against inactive player, fillipk))
Is that the Fifth? :P

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 06, 2016, 04:41:04 pm »

Experience boredom. Fly down to Redneck Alligator Santa.

"Say, my anthropomorphic friend, do you have any good books on sorcery?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 06, 2016, 04:44:06 pm »

Dave looked over the border.  "And do you know what a dinosaur is?  I'm still confused on that."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 06, 2016, 05:01:53 pm »

To Alligator Santa:

"We have some weapons and armor, like the stuff John showed you. I might be willing to part with this rifle as well. Now, can I see the goods?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 06, 2016, 05:06:51 pm »

"We have some weapons and armor, like the stuff John showed you. I might be willing to part with this rifle as well. Now, can I see the goods?"

((Try to ask Piecewise for specific items out of quantum space of Redneck Santa's inventory. Go wild, he might just have it. We fucked up with inventory check on Warbeast once, eliminating source of unquantized goodness, don't make the same mistake.
If you're unsure, just ask him to show something interesting and/or valuable he has.

This advice is strictly suggestive. Just saying, you know.))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:09:41 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1762 on: January 07, 2016, 01:32:15 pm »

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE I WOULD LIKE TO INQUIRE ABOUT BUYING SOMETHING THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO SPEAK
"I got something that would work. Talking skull. Comes from a hell where the ground is covered in talking skulls that do nothing but recite the final words of those killed via violence. When you take them out of that hell, however, they just say what the nearest person is thinking. Used for lie detectors and that sort of thing elsewhere."

"My, that felt odd. Good, though. Very good."

Xan moves the arm about, getting used to having one again. He then goes and leans over the side to yell out to the alligator.

"My thanks! Now then, what would you want in exchange for that hat you mentioned?"

Asking about hat

"Got a pair of boots?"

Haul more merchandise down. Another armor set, four spears, a bow and a heap of arrows. Conduct the hat request and a voice device request. Trade for map of the place beyond the storm clouds.
Attempt to sell the talking rock. The loud pirate-y one.

- Now look, we got even more of this stuff up there, that should be our trade for the smaller stuff, like boose, hat, arm, bullets and maps. Now say, would you, by chance, be interested in buying a living rock? It talks and rolls around by itself and such.

((you could trade him to santa. Sure he's worth something))

"I'll give you the skull and the hat for...a helmet, a spear, the map for a chest plate. As per your rocky friend there, what do you want for him?"

Experience boredom. Fly down to Redneck Alligator Santa.

"Say, my anthropomorphic friend, do you have any good books on sorcery?"
"Hmm. Well, I got a few books. Old stuff, dunno the authenticity. Lots of would-be sorcerers out there you know. I have one on blood ritutals and one on..." he digs through his stuff for a moment before pulling out a leather bound book. He squints at the cover for a few seconds before speaking.  "Mass suggestion, Thought-forms, populace embued preternatural capacities and the self feeding god cycle. Rolls off the tongue, eh?"

To Alligator Santa:

Listen to this man:

((Try to ask Piecewise for specific items out of quantum space of Redneck Santa's inventory. Go wild, he might just have it. We fucked up with inventory check on Warbeast once, eliminating source of unquantized goodness, don't make the same mistake.
If you're unsure, just ask him to show something interesting and/or valuable he has.

This advice is strictly suggestive. Just saying, you know.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 07, 2016, 01:40:53 pm »

"Hmm. Well, I got a few books. Old stuff, dunno the authenticity. Lots of would-be sorcerers out there you know. I have one on blood ritutals and one on..." he digs through his stuff for a moment before pulling out a leather bound book. He squints at the cover for a few seconds before speaking.  "Mass suggestion, Thought-forms, populace embued preternatural capacities and the self feeding god cycle. Rolls off the tongue, eh?"
Xan begins to respond to the alligator's question on boots when he hears this and his eyes practically pop out of his head.

"Never mind the hat. Well not never mind I still want it but what would you desire in exchange for the book on mass suggestion. I want that book very badly all of a sudden."
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: January 07, 2016, 02:52:15 pm »

"I knew my friend was forgetting something, good sir. I will let him continue with the negotiation."

Step back from Xankarvo's action with sorcerous literature.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 07, 2016, 02:53:18 pm »

Skull, hat, map - prices are good, deal is sealed. Our rocky friend for the magic books.

((I'm going to wiki all the bought stuff and dispense it to respective owners (when applicable) on the page, pinky promise, just not right now.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:07:21 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 07, 2016, 02:54:31 pm »

"Smart bird. I no longer wish you dead because of this."

What is this strange emotion called forgiveness?
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 07, 2016, 04:07:26 pm »

The phrase below is spoken at HurrDurr (Egan) when convenient IC-wise, while someone else is addressing Alligator Santa, presumably:

- Now listen friend. We're getting you a speech device. However, I trust it that Rocky's situation, him being sold off to the first stranger we come across, that is, will plant the following suggestion in your... head... brain... you: do not abuse your voice. Speak up when you have something serious to say about current situation, ask questions if you need to. Just do not fuck around.
Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 07, 2016, 10:08:17 pm »

Alright, some questions about talkskull.

Does it project all the thoughts of the person, or just what they want to say? Is it possible to control what it says to some degree, or will it just continually blabber all your thoughts?

Does it have a male or female voice? Does it depend on the user?

Any preference for text color/accent for the skull's voice or should I choose?

Can the skull be worn as a hat.

@Comrade: RP before talkskull or after?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 07, 2016, 10:40:07 pm »

You should totally ask for Tarmac. Maybe it'll even work. He could have been reincarnated as Santa's bag.  :P
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 241