Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334108 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2400 on: June 09, 2016, 02:24:38 am »

"Right, where are we now? John, have we reached the Scarred Tribes yet?"

- I wouldn't know, really, unless they came at us like the last ones.

We are trying to follow the dirtroads. For, like, third turn. Or have I missed some development?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: June 09, 2016, 05:07:02 am »

Look around. Can I see any local edible uglies I can harass for bodyparts?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2402 on: June 09, 2016, 01:26:39 pm »

Ascertain what our surroundings look like. Look for anyone from the tribes I've been told of.
...Xan have you been paying attention to recent events? We're in the land of the scarred tribes. Someone is already talking to them. We've been here a while. Plateaus? Snaking paths? Any of this ringing a bell?

"Uh... nothing. Nevermind. Don't worry about it."

Examine the platform, and assess the damage from the fight. If there's any obvious, easy repair work to be done, start on that.
The damage to the platform doesn't look too terrible; but you're gonna need some materials to fix it. Wood, nails, tools, etc.  The roof has been patched temporarily and the holes in the railings are rather...well OSHA wouldn't like it but it's not a structural flaw.  You could probably patch the holes in the deck with some some dirt if you really pack it in there, but it's gonna look like crap.

"That's a no."
Hold still and wait to see what they do.
The man takes a step  back.

"The flesh of a man tells more then his words." He says, "What do you seek, patched one?"

"Okay?"
Try to get other people to help fix the damage on the ship.
The Best way to do that would be to find materials. There are a few trees around here, gnarled dry ones that look hundreds of years old with wood like compressed sand. You could, with a little help probably cut them down. But you'd need some tools to hack it  up into planks and even then you'd need nails or glue or something to put everything together.

"Well, that was disappointing."

Sebastian licks his paw to calm his stress, and basks in the attention of his annoyed fellow travellers.

"Did I hear someone say they were famous?"
Well, they are certainly staring at you with annoyance. Dunno what powers that will grant you. Possibly a voice like gilbert gottfried.

"Woooo, yeah!  Xan o'r there, he can shit fire out 'is arse!  He's the most famous wizard in all of this hellscape!  Wooooo!  And I... I am Dave!  Monstrous beast what can split a man in half!"

Woooo!  Maybe help with repairs too, but mostly wooooo!
You use your WOOOO to power a series of tackles that bring down several trees.

Leave these twits to it as I go back to the tents, looking for signs of sentient life.
We'll say you join up with The Brain in a Glass ball, shall we? That will get you right into the action.

- I wouldn't know, really, unless they came at us like the last ones.

We are trying to follow the dirtroads. For, like, third turn. Or have I missed some development?
I've had you guys mostly staying still because people were doing things on the ground and wandering away. I mean, if you wanna just charge forward into a new area and leave people here, we can do that.

Look around. Can I see any local edible uglies I can harass for bodyparts?
No one close by...well, no one thats not part of the crew that is.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: June 09, 2016, 02:49:52 pm »

"Oh right. Got too caught up in my wizardly powers."

Are there any actual villages or just that one random guy on a cliff that Hummy Hum's talking to? Because I totally got caught up in what I was doing and failed to realize what was happening.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: June 09, 2016, 03:12:44 pm »

Land behind our glassy representative. Excellent initiative on the part of our teammate! And to think it only took some reckless abandonment.

Bow while spreading wings.

"Greetings, good chap. I'm with this one," he inclines his head toward the sphere.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: June 09, 2016, 03:16:41 pm »

"I'm not much like a man, Tribesman.
Me and a few others are on a journey through this land, and I'm looking to trade. I don't have any goods on my person, but I could retrieve some things from yonder beast that might interest you."

Talk.

"Oh! I haven't introduced myself yet, have I? My name is Yellow. Would you like for me to call you by a name?"
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: June 09, 2016, 05:23:38 pm »

"Looka that, fellows!  Only a mighty beast could briiing down a mighty oak!  Or whatever the hell trees these are!  Wooo!"

Continue to perform acts of biggitude.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: June 09, 2016, 06:03:11 pm »

"Do we actually have any tools that could be used to cut down trees, and some building supplies? We need them if we're gonna repair the damage."
Go searching the warbeast for any tools and supplies that can be used to help patch up the ship.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: June 09, 2016, 06:40:54 pm »

"Do we actually have any tools that could be used to cut down trees, and some building supplies? We need them if we're gonna repair the damage."
Go searching the warbeast for any tools and supplies that can be used to help patch up the ship.

assist.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: June 09, 2016, 06:45:04 pm »

Actions follow:

Sebastian licks his paw to calm his stress, and basks in the attention of his annoyed fellow travellers.

Well, they are certainly staring at you with annoyance. Dunno what powers that will grant you. Possibly a voice like gilbert gottfried.
Well, Sebastian requires attention to live. So the power they are granting is survival.

"Looka that, fellows!  Only a mighty beast could briiing down a mighty oak!  Or whatever the hell trees these are!  Wooo!"

Assist [Toaster's Character] in drawing attention to his power by meowing and pointing. I tell everyone how mighty the little fella is. I do my best to focus everyone's attention on Toaster's strength.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:57:21 am by Ozarck »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: June 09, 2016, 11:41:45 pm »

Time to wander to where the first contact is taking place. Stare the man with unabashed curiosity.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2411 on: June 13, 2016, 04:04:32 pm »

"Oh right. Got too caught up in my wizardly powers."

Are there any actual villages or just that one random guy on a cliff that Hummy Hum's talking to? Because I totally got caught up in what I was doing and failed to realize what was happening.
There look to be scattered villages on basically every large mesa. And yes, Hummy is talking to one guy but that one guy is standing in front of a bunch of dwellings. We haven't seen any other people, but there's smoke coming from the central holes of the tents and the place certainly looks inhabited.

Maybe they're just shy?

Land behind our glassy representative. Excellent initiative on the part of our teammate! And to think it only took some reckless abandonment.

Bow while spreading wings.

"Greetings, good chap. I'm with this one," he inclines his head toward the sphere.
The man looks carefully at you. You can feel his gaze skittering across your feathers like mites.

"Your kind I have not seen before. But your flesh is pleasing in form."

"I'm not much like a man, Tribesman.
Me and a few others are on a journey through this land, and I'm looking to trade. I don't have any goods on my person, but I could retrieve some things from yonder beast that might interest you."

Talk.

"Oh! I haven't introduced myself yet, have I? My name is Yellow. Would you like for me to call you by a name?"
"Names and flesh are the shackles of the earth." The man says, looking wistfully at the sky, "We have little, but are willing to trade. What is it you have and what is it you need?"

You seem to have grown a few inches. At least you're pretty sure you have.
Actions follow:

Well, Sebastian requires attention to live. So the power they are granting is survival.

Assist [Toaster's Character] in drawing attention to his power by meowing and pointing. I tell everyone how mighty the little fella is. I do my best to focus everyone's attention on Toaster's strength.

Its hard to tell if anyone is really paying attention, but your belief in him and his own swelling self confidence seem to have made a difference.

assist.
You find
1 hammer
1 box of 100 nails
1 wood ax
Time to wander to where the first contact is taking place. Stare the man with unabashed curiosity.

You make it over to the ladders up to the top of the mesa, but unlike the others with the ability to fly, you're gonna have to climb. And this path looks rickety.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: June 13, 2016, 04:18:06 pm »

"Could trade you food, water, alcohol, or weapons. We also have a few explosive rocks from a hell to the north of here, I believe.
As for what we're looking for, we could use some supplies to repair the platforms on our warbeast, maybe some mechanical parts to maintain our other vehicle, and I in particular am looking for a tape recorder of some sort."

Converse. Afterwards, politely excuse myself and return to the warbeast. Invite the man to come along, if he likes.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: June 13, 2016, 05:54:19 pm »

"Hrm. Xan, please navigate us toward the closest settlement. Or the one our glass orb is talking at."

Have the warbeast move over to ... from what I understand, the villages are at the top of these mesas and the warbeast is at the bottom? Could we have the warbeast lift us up like with the Most High thing?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:19:46 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: June 13, 2016, 06:04:48 pm »

((Ahem. Dude is across some deal of land and up a snake eater-esque ladder. Attempt to get over to him in one turn if you like, but PW just implied that it will involve a roll.))
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 241