Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334185 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2475 on: July 07, 2016, 01:15:05 pm »

Continuing foolishly alone towards hunting grounds.

Observe from about twenty paces behind. Following.

Bring the axe. Keep an eye out for tasty things and/or threats.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2476 on: July 08, 2016, 01:03:44 pm »

"Your description of the voice intrigues me. I would learn it from your people, if I could."

Magic pls
"Your description of the voice intrigues me. I would learn it from your people, if I could."

Magic pls
"Me too! Here, let me try!"

Sebastian Yowls in an attempt to summon the power of the voice, to bring down a lightning bolt nearby but not directly where anyone is.
"You could not learn it. Or rather a man alone could not use it. The voice of the people requires the effort of many."

Dave pokes around to see if there's anything he can use to tape his horn back on.  Failing that, maybe a cool necklace for it?
We have some glue...though it is wood glue. It might work. But you have no hands or thumbs or any way of effectively positioning the horn to put it back on.

Observe from about twenty paces behind. Following.

Bring the axe. Keep an eye out for tasty things and/or threats.

Observe from a distance.

Observe from above.

Observe from a distance.
Well the little death claw heads off, with a band of people trailing behind him (or above him). We'll assume he reaches the valley in this turn because eh why not.  The valley is a small canyon with a fast moving, narrow river at the bottom. It's an oasis in this dry and hatefully warm place, with a thin line of dense vegetation growing up all around it. The canyon is all of 50 or so feet wide, with 20 of that taken up by the river, and the rest being split between the banks on either side.  The river is brown with sediment and full of rapids, filling the entire canyon with the roar of turbulent water.  What look like palm trees and ferns and all manner of jungle plants cling tight to the bank, struggling to maintain their grip on the tiny patch of fertile soil available to them.  Among those trees and plants you immediately catch sight of something that looks like a wild boar.  It's easily 6 foot at the shoulder and covered in dense prickly brown fur. Even from up here on the crest of the canyon you can see the gleaming ivory tusks jutting out of its lower jaw.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:10:51 pm by piecewise »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: July 08, 2016, 02:33:01 pm »

"Would you be willing at least to describe the method by which your people use the voice? Is there some ritual you conduct beforehand, or a ceremony you must go through?"

Try to mentally fit his explanation with what I've learned from the book if I can.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: July 08, 2016, 03:38:07 pm »

Help Dave glue his horn back on.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: July 08, 2016, 04:17:43 pm »

"Ooh, that looks strong!"

Favourite deathclaw attack is to charge and slash and stab and dodge just before opponent attacks. So let's do that. Wait, 6 feet tall? Isn't that like almost two meters?

Edit: Of well, lets do it anyways. Favourite deathclaw attack is to charge and slash and stab and dodge just before opponent attacks. So let's do that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:11:31 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: July 08, 2016, 09:31:24 pm »

Accept help.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: July 09, 2016, 01:57:03 am »

Sebastian grows bored and licks his shoulder. He then wanders around randomly rubbing against people's legs, hoping for attention.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: July 10, 2016, 10:36:30 am »

Distantly follow behind whoever's going to the hunting grounds.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2483 on: July 12, 2016, 12:06:09 pm »

"Would you be willing at least to describe the method by which your people use the voice? Is there some ritual you conduct beforehand, or a ceremony you must go through?"

Try to mentally fit his explanation with what I've learned from the book if I can.
He describes a ritual involving drums and chanting that uses the entire nation of his people. From what you can tell, it seems to be a method of focusing faith.

Accept help.
[3]
Uh...it sort of sticks on...unless dave moves his head or walks too roughly...or at all.

Sebastian grows bored and licks his shoulder. He then wanders around randomly rubbing against people's legs, hoping for attention.
[3]
The team and the man notice you...kind of. Mostly they just nudge you with their foot without saying anything or even looking at you. How disheartening.

Clearly this requires drastic action.

Distantly follow behind whoever's going to the hunting grounds.
That would be the soon to be corpse spoken of below...

"Ooh, that looks strong!"

Favourite deathclaw attack is to charge and slash and stab and dodge just before opponent attacks. So let's do that. Wait, 6 feet tall? Isn't that like almost two meters?

Edit: Of well, lets do it anyways. Favourite deathclaw attack is to charge and slash and stab and dodge just before opponent attacks. So let's do that.
1.8 meters tall, to be precise.

[3]
You leap down and land square on the boar's back. Not claws first in a deadly drop attack like you wanted, more  face first in a hilarious plop. The boar, which just felt something fairly big drop onto it, squeals and starts running.
[1]
You bounce off its back and fall straight into the rapidly flowing river, bouncing against rocks and being swept down stream, struggling to keep your head above the water.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: July 12, 2016, 12:18:54 pm »

Help fish the deathclaw out of the stream! It may be questionably useful, but such eagerness should be rewarded always.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: July 12, 2016, 12:21:50 pm »

Pounce on the boar, and bite its neck.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: July 12, 2016, 01:08:53 pm »

I climb up onto the main scarred speaker's shoulder and ask, right into his ear:

"So, what kind of effects does your People's Voice achieve? Fireworks? Lightning strikes? Loud noises?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: July 12, 2016, 02:53:00 pm »

Trash wildy trying to get hold on something. With stabby fingers.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:37:27 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: July 12, 2016, 04:56:50 pm »

"Interesting. How did the voice first come to be?"

Anthropology!

I think this is anthropology, the word says to my brain that anthropology is what I'm doing here.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: July 12, 2016, 05:48:50 pm »

Imagine that I have Faith Points, then expend one to make Dave's horn stick on.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 241