Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334080 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3210 on: February 11, 2017, 03:20:02 pm »

"I say, that's quite the arrow," Mr. Bird comments in between bouts of trying to break the shaft with his beak.

Well, keep trying. There's got to be some way to get myself free.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 06:59:12 pm by Harry Baldman »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: February 11, 2017, 03:35:32 pm »

"I say, that's quite the arrow," Mr. Bird comments in between bouts of trying to break the shaft with his beak.

"I'll help you get free, mighty flying stallion! Let's fly, you fool!"

If Bridman agrees to let Sebastian ride him away from this particular trouble, Sebastian will pull the arrow free for him and then leap to his back for aerial adventure!

Otherwise, Sebastian will ask the engine spirit to lower him on the opposite side from crabman so he an cower in a more stable location.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: February 11, 2017, 03:46:00 pm »

"Oh, wonderfully helpful of you, little chap! But don't bloody well pull it out, you understand?"

Permit assistance and serve as mount for the foolish little thing if I'm successful.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: February 11, 2017, 06:57:14 pm »

((pssst. harry! Might want ot combine those actions, before PW gets all snarky at us. You know how PW is about double posting actions. Snarky. He's snarky about it.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: February 11, 2017, 06:57:37 pm »

More shooting.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: February 12, 2017, 06:37:02 am »

Run for cover. I ain't dying here.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: February 12, 2017, 09:49:29 am »

Drunken defensive actions that don't matter because I'll roll a 2 again anyway
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: February 12, 2017, 03:42:52 pm »

Children of the Most-Beautiful! I suggest you take cover near me. I will protect you with my cloak of flame in order to keep my compact with your progenitor.

Look around for the sand-sized idol the crab guy initially got summoned out of. Is it still on the deck someplace?

Write a note.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:49:59 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3218 on: February 13, 2017, 12:46:30 pm »

"Aww. Oh! free harpoon!"

Go unhook the chain from the harpoon. Supposedly there's a way to accomplish this, because having a super long chain permanently attached to your harpoon would be very inconvenient if you wanted to store or fight with the thing.
[6]
You float over to the chain and use your mind powers to sever it. Its actually pretty easy.

If Bridman agrees to let Sebastian ride him away from this particular trouble, Sebastian will pull the arrow free for him and then leap to his back for aerial adventure!

Otherwise, Sebastian will ask the engine spirit to lower him on the opposite side from crabman so he an cower in a more stable location.

"Oh, wonderfully helpful of you, little chap! But don't bloody well pull it out, you understand?"

Permit assistance and serve as mount for the foolish little thing if I'm successful.
[1]
The deathclaw baby yanks the arrow out of one wing, trips, and drives it straight through the other wing.

Drunken defensive actions that don't matter because I'll roll a 2 again anyway
[5]
You roll off the ground, run into the crew barracks, hide under some debris, and drink yourself completely unconscious.

Run for cover. I ain't dying here.
[6]
You hide with the dinosaur and cover your head while screaming about better homes and gardens.

Children of the Most-Beautiful! I suggest you take cover near me. I will protect you with my cloak of flame in order to keep my compact with your progenitor.

Look around for the sand-sized idol the crab guy initially got summoned out of. Is it still on the deck someplace?

Write a note.

You look around but if the sand grain is still around, which it might not be, you can't find it. So you hand your group a note that you wrote on...something.

More shooting.
[3]
You plink another shot off the creature.
[3]
It shoots up at you, clipping your arm.

The Warbeast has moved far enough from the beastie to be out of range from the arrows, assuming it doesn't follow you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: February 13, 2017, 12:51:51 pm »

Dream drunken dino dreams.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: February 13, 2017, 12:55:20 pm »

"Hah! Did you think that would work?!"

Loot the spear still stuck in the warbeast. Swing it around a little to test if it has any special properties.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: February 13, 2017, 01:39:11 pm »

"The Law of Improbable Unfortunate Occurrences dictates that you are the Comedic Relief, Mr. Bird! If i try to help you now, we'll both meet an unfortunate end. There, there, my fellow. We'll patch you up in the denouement.

Huh. I wonder - the Law of Numerous Mooks dictates that the lone opponent is, in fact, the Hero and will inevitably succeed against said Mooks. I suppose I, as Primary Antagonist, shall met my fate at the Climax, probably by falling dramatically off the warbeast. Fortunately for me, I am the Unkillable Antagonist, and as such, will claw my way out of the rubble in the closing credits. Unless I escape early while the Dragon meets his fate. Which of you is The Dragon?"

Sebastian believes that Mr. bird's wounds are "just flesh wounds" and as such, rather harmless. Meanwhile, he returns to the crew quarters rubble and fetches his handball.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: February 13, 2017, 01:48:06 pm »

"Huh. I wonder - the Law of Numerous Mooks dictates that the lone opponent is, in fact, the Hero and will inevitably succeed against said Mooks. I suppose I, as Primary Antagonist, shall met my fate at the Climax, probably by falling dramatically off the warbeast. Fortunately for me, I am the Unkillable Antagonist, and as such, will claw my way out of the rubble in the closing credits. Unless I escape early while the Dragon meets his fate. Which of you is The Dragon?"

"Everything you just said is false. The lone opponent is not the Hero, but simply a level-inappropiate random miniboss. If fate thinks it would be dramatic, it way show up again, for us to defeat in our stronger forms, or else it will be simply forgotten to the realms of non-memorable adventuring."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: February 13, 2017, 03:03:39 pm »

Hand the group the note? Nah, that's just going with the other ones I have in case I have to use the shell of wishing. I forget what exactly I was writing on, but I had paper from something, I know. And I started with that pen from the beginning of the game.

"You make the mistake of assuming this is a story, my glass orb. It is not. Stories have arcs, rises and falls, beginnings and ends. These heavens are infinite in scope. There is no room for an end to my story, and therefore yours, in the vast infinitudes of this plane. The only absolute, the only thing of any tangible value, is the one I will inevitably grasp at the center. On my own blood, my own self I swore this. That could perhaps be a story. But not this obstacle. It has already been forgotten.

Continue the current path away from the crab thing for about a minute more and then see if it's following us.

Oh, I should probably help the bird. Go do that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:13:57 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: February 13, 2017, 03:07:00 pm »

Hand the group the note? Nah, that's just going with the other ones I have in case I have to use the shell of wishing. I forget what exactly I was writing on, but I had paper from something, I know. And I started with that pen from the beginning of the game.
I gave you the notebook I had from character creation, right after we got the shell.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 241