Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 333423 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3525 on: April 18, 2017, 09:03:43 am »

Ponder my bigness and the increase thereof.  Would perhaps eating lots more greenery help?  Could always give it a shot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: April 18, 2017, 01:46:33 pm »

"Very well then. Gather a bit more, warbeast, and we'll depart."

Have the warbeast gather a few more trees beyond the amount we'll likely need to rebuild the structures just in case of fuckups, and then do the Xan thing and throw a bigass fireball into the tree lake (after everyone else is out of it).
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: April 18, 2017, 03:12:46 pm »

((Oh boy))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: April 18, 2017, 03:37:11 pm »

"Fuck positive thinking, I'd rather chance the caves."

Carry out the earlier tunnel exploration plan, but using the end of my rifle instead of a bone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: April 18, 2017, 04:04:12 pm »

"Well then, who the fuck are you?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: April 18, 2017, 05:25:58 pm »

"No, check this out - I think it's working! I know it will work! You just gotta look into this tunnel and smile real wide and it all gets brighter!"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:27:46 pm by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3532 on: April 25, 2017, 08:20:06 pm »

Alright, let me see if I have this straight: I have one foreleg, one hindleg, no neck, a monkey on my back, one cursed wish left, and a pocket full of sand. The team is scattered over four hells, and my only companion hates me, even more so than the rest of the team did.

"I wish we had wings, monkey."

Yep!

[5]

"....Fine"

You get a truly magnificent pair of angelic wings.

"I dare say this will have to be plan B, good chap. For now, let's see if what is in these caves is as terrible as the sun up in the sky."

Mr. Bird flaps his wings thoughtfully as he peers into the darkness.

"Actually, I have another idea. That light was clearly angry, dear Hyenakles. Maybe that's because anger creates light? What if we could, say, do a similar thing with our own thoughts? Happier ones, I'd imagine."

See if I can perhaps illuminate these tunnels with the power of positive thinking. If the sun is really angry, maybe happy thoughts will make for a nicer radiance? Invite Hyenakles to join me for extra faith in our success.
[3]
You do your level best to think happy thoughts but its hard to do with hyenankles grumbling and swearing at you.

Carry out the earlier tunnel exploration plan, but using the end of my rifle instead of a bone.
You walk off into the mine, blindly tapping your way through with the tip of your rifle. It takes a few minutes but your eyes grow accustom to the absolute dark to the point that you can see, a VERY faint light in here. Its coming from deeper in, though not as a "Light at the end of the tunnel". Its more ambient; must be hidden behind curves.

Ponder my bigness and the increase thereof.  Would perhaps eating lots more greenery help?  Could always give it a shot.
That depends. Are you a baby dino or just a vertically challenged one? Because eatting would help in both cases, but in the second case the growth would be more...radial.

"Very well then. Gather a bit more, warbeast, and we'll depart."

Have the warbeast gather a few more trees beyond the amount we'll likely need to rebuild the structures just in case of fuckups, and then do the Xan thing and throw a bigass fireball into the tree lake (after everyone else is out of it).
You get as many trees as you think you'll need before attempting to huck a fire ball in for...who knows what reason.
[6]
You summon a fireball as big as your head and toss in into the forest. It ignites a few of the saplings and the brush but only a bit of the nearby woods burn before they go out. Hmmph.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: April 25, 2017, 09:13:14 pm »

"Alright, monkey. What now? Do you disappear in a puff of smoke now that your wishes are used up? No matter, let's go see what's out there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Monkey and I are gonna fly over Mount King's Domain, toward Olympus. We'll stay away from dead silence, sounds boring.  But we'll peek into lack sun cult. that's the one with teh angry sun, right? We'll leave there when we see that the sun hates everything and continue toward Olympus. ((end goal is sky crawler hive))

Oh, if we spot any of hte others, we'll stop by where they are and 'assist' as Sebastian Monkey Wing does best.

Spoiler: Sebastian Monkey Wing (click to show/hide)

((We're currently divided into three groups? One in deep woods, one in black sun, and myself, right?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: April 26, 2017, 12:44:16 am »

Yellow is off doing things that I don't really care about anymore, TBH.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: April 26, 2017, 01:17:20 am »

Oh well, follow Hyenakles into the darkness. Surely nothing bad could happen to us there.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: April 26, 2017, 05:27:25 pm »

"Interesting."

Well, we've got what we need. Now where to? Unless anyone has alternate suggestions, I propose we skirt around the edges of the Deep Woods until we get to the Black Sun Cult.
Sig! Onol

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: April 26, 2017, 11:17:41 pm »

Proceed, taking the same precautions as before.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3538 on: April 27, 2017, 01:02:06 pm »

"Alright, monkey. What now? Do you disappear in a puff of smoke now that your wishes are used up? No matter, let's go see what's out there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Monkey and I are gonna fly over Mount King's Domain, toward Olympus. We'll stay away from dead silence, sounds boring.  But we'll peek into lack sun cult. that's the one with teh angry sun, right? We'll leave there when we see that the sun hates everything and continue toward Olympus. ((end goal is sky crawler hive))

Oh, if we spot any of hte others, we'll stop by where they are and 'assist' as Sebastian Monkey Wing does best.

Spoiler: Sebastian Monkey Wing (click to show/hide)

((We're currently divided into three groups? One in deep woods, one in black sun, and myself, right?))
"No. I'm stuck here. Thanks for this by the way. Asshole."

((yes))

You flap off, back into the mount king's domain. As soon as you pass the fog wall you come face to face with...well a really big face. Not a human face either, at least not a normal one. It looks like a human face with the features distorted to horrific proportions. The nose and eyes in particular are massive compared to the perfectly circular head. Judging from the size and the many arms it has, you're gonna bet this is the mountain king.

Also, when I say face to face I mean it. And you're flying several hundred feet above the ground.

Yellow is off doing things that I don't really care about anymore, TBH.
?

"Interesting."

Well, we've got what we need. Now where to? Unless anyone has alternate suggestions, I propose we skirt around the edges of the Deep Woods until we get to the Black Sun Cult.
Oh well, follow Hyenakles into the darkness. Surely nothing bad could happen to us there.
You move forward until you find a small circular room dig straight into the stone. There's a small, dying fire here. Its fed mostly on what looks like scrap wood and clothing. It hasn't been tended in a bit, but is still fairly fresh. Whoever made it can't be far.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: April 27, 2017, 02:06:04 pm »

Just a short dino, not a baby one.

Follow Xan where he goes.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 241