Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 818901 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1
« Reply #465 on: December 02, 2017, 11:14:18 pm »

There's something off with unit.status.current_soul.performance_skills.
The historical_figure_info structure claimed to contain a pointer to unit_personality, when it actually pointed to a structure containing a unit_personality plus an integer, so when that one reported a size mismatch, I updated the original and thus misaligned unit_soul. That should be fixed now.

- df.global.world.units.all[].job.mood_skill: Enum out of whack with 4-5 digit values.
Uninitialized memory - you can ignore that.

- df.global.world.units.all[].body.body_plan.interaction [].interaction.material_breath: Several values of 20, with current max = 19. The one I looked at was a cat and other data indicates it's a licking interaction, and also a head-bump interaction with the same value for the same cat.
The constructor for that class fills in a bogus value.

- df.global.world.entities.all[].armies[].controller: Following this pointer crashed both gui/gm-editor and my script. The pointer address looked reasonable.
Try again with the latest structures - army_controller was badly misaligned before.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 03, 2017, 05:13:53 am »

There weren't Linux builds of DF for a while, so that's behind. You could run devel/dump-offsets and provide the output of that, but I'm not sure what else needs to be done.

Edit: looks like that was done already.

Thanks for the update.

I tried to compile DFHack before I saw it was already updated, and there was a compilation error. I am not sure if it is expected in the current state. I am posting it just in case.

Code: [Select]
/home/clement/projects/DFHack/dfhack/library/modules/Maps.cpp: In function 'const char* DFHack::sa_feature(df::enums::feature_type::feature_type)':
/home/clement/projects/DFHack/dfhack/library/modules/Maps.cpp:94:24: error: 'underworld_from_layer' is not a member of 'df::enums::feature_type'
     case feature_type::underworld_from_layer:
                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/clement/projects/DFHack/dfhack/library/modules/Maps.cpp:94:24: note: suggested alternative: 'feature_underworld_from_layer'
     case feature_type::underworld_from_layer:
                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        feature_underworld_from_layer
make[2]: *** [library/CMakeFiles/dfhack.dir/build.make:1479: library/CMakeFiles/dfhack.dir/modules/Maps.cpp.o] Error 1

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 03, 2017, 08:12:52 am »

feature_underworld_from_layer was recently changed into underworld_from_layer. This suggests that your df structures sub repo may not be up to date.

However, the changes today to dfhack/develop and df structures/master do not compile for me (I compiled with a freshly pulled df structures/master yesterday without issues). It should be noted that I do not try to compile plugins. I wouldn't be surprised if my poor compatibility with git is the cause, though.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #468 on: December 03, 2017, 08:56:57 am »

However, the changes today to dfhack/develop and df structures/master do not compile for me (I compiled with a freshly pulled df structures/master yesterday without issues).
From what commit did you try to build? I made a fix last night for unit_personality, and I've confirmed that it builds correctly on both Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) and Linux (via Travis CI). If you're compiling on Windows, be sure to do a clean build, because there's a strange script bug that's preventing partial rebuilds from working correctly.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

surazal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 03, 2017, 09:36:56 am »

feature_underworld_from_layer was recently changed into underworld_from_layer. This suggests that your df structures sub repo may not be up to date.

However, the changes today to dfhack/develop and df structures/master do not compile for me (I compiled with a freshly pulled df structures/master yesterday without issues). It should be noted that I do not try to compile plugins. I wouldn't be surprised if my poor compatibility with git is the cause, though.

I think running "git submodule update" after doing a pull should resolve this issue (make sure to run a fresh cmake afterwards, just to be on the safe side). I was able to compile my version from the "develop" branch this morning without issues as well. If that doesn't work, you may need to clone a whole new copy of the repository as a last resort.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 03, 2017, 10:19:55 am »

Thanks Quietust. The "clean" seems to do the trick ("Seems to" as I'm doing a 3 hour world gen, so I think the final error from the install-release script comes from the DLL being in use when trying to copy it. Compilation within VS itself didn't generate any errors, just the usual slew of warnings).

"git submodule update" may very well be what's needed for Clément, but I haven't done it since my df structures sub repo has been detached from the release the download originally pointed to and instead refers to df-structures/master (or none of the df structure changes between DFHack releases can be accessed), so I update that with "git pull".

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 03, 2017, 10:28:31 am »

(or none of the df structure changes between DFHack releases can be accessed), so I update that with "git pull".
The DFHack develop branch should usually point to something more recent in df-structures, although not necessarily the master branch.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 03, 2017, 10:35:22 am »

(or none of the df structure changes between DFHack releases can be accessed), so I update that with "git pull".
The DFHack develop branch should usually point to something more recent in df-structures, although not necessarily the master branch.
True, of course, but when I started it was still on a 0.43.05 release, and I want to look at the latest changes. It those aren't compatible with the DFHack develop branch I have to wait for it to catch up anyway.

Edit:
Removing performance_skills and controller from the blacklist of my script do not cause any crashes now, i.e. following the pointers works as expected.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:32:25 am by PatrikLundell »

surazal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 03, 2017, 01:15:02 pm »

From what commit did you try to build? I made a fix last night for unit_personality, and I've confirmed that it builds correctly on both Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) and Linux (via Travis CI). If you're compiling on Windows, be sure to do a clean build, because there's a strange script bug that's preventing partial rebuilds from working correctly.

commit 1489e7db824cc6323de14772fbf0f121ecd0860b

Yes, I did perform a "make clean". When I did "make -j8 install" it rebuilt everything from source again so I know it appeared to have worked.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #474 on: December 03, 2017, 02:56:34 pm »

commit 1489e7db824cc6323de14772fbf0f121ecd0860b

Yes, I did perform a "make clean". When I did "make -j8 install" it rebuilt everything from source again so I know it appeared to have worked.
Good to know that it works for you, but that question was directed specifically at PatrikLundell (who was complaining about build errors with my most recent commits).

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 03, 2017, 04:21:01 pm »

I didn't answer the question as I thought it would no longer be relevant since "clean" worked, so no further trouble shooting was needed (and I still haven't looked up the answer, although I think it was listing of some *.inc files or something like that).

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 06, 2017, 01:13:19 am »

Is it possible to create mineral veins out of layer rock or thin air using DFHack? If so, how?
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 06, 2017, 04:00:13 am »

Yes, manipulation of the geo biome can be performed using the Biome Manipulator http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164658.0 contains geo biome manipulation functionality. Note that this tools has to be used before embarking as it manipulates the data DF uses to generate the embark details.

Creating rock out of thin air should be possible as well, and I think there are tools for that kind of manipulation, as well as morphing single tiles. There's a tool for water/magma manipulation that can also create obsidian.

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 06, 2017, 04:44:23 am »

Note that this tools has to be used before embarking as it manipulates the data DF uses to generate the embark details.
Thanks, but I want to do it post-embark.
Creating rock out of thin air should be possible as well, and I think there are tools for that kind of manipulation, as well as morphing single tiles. There's a tool for water/magma manipulation that can also create obsidian.
Yeah, I know that tiles can be manipulated into rock/obsidian/open space/water/magma. But I'm interested in another kind of manipulation: abundant, dumb layer rock -> mineable ore. I've seen a post somewhere where it was stated that new mineral veins can be injected via DFHack, but it had no details how to do that exactly.
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 06, 2017, 05:11:43 am »

Note that this tools has to be used before embarking as it manipulates the data DF uses to generate the embark details.
Thanks, but I want to do it post-embark.
Yeah, I know that tiles can be manipulated into rock/obsidian/open space/water/magma. But I'm interested in another kind of manipulation: abundant, dumb layer rock -> mineable ore. I've seen a post somewhere where it was stated that new mineral veins can be injected via DFHack, but it had no details how to do that exactly.

Ancient code warning: https://gist.github.com/warmist/11218191 but it should work on any version (?)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 243