Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 818929 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3
« Reply #2130 on: February 26, 2020, 02:01:35 pm »

unretire-anyone seems to start the people you unretire naked and without any items, only with any artifacts they hold. Is there any way to fix that? e.g by giving them clothing and items appropriate to their civ?
hmm have you tested this with any historical figure that shown up before? or just random ones? this might be the 'historical figure not having a unit body thus when the game gives them one it's only holding what they were told to hold during world gen, vs seeing them at a site which the game loads them into the site themed outfits.

fake edit: ok just tested this with historical figures I seen before in adventure mode and yeah it looks like the issue here is that grabbing anyone from the game's history pool that didn't show up before as a unit will not load in with clothes if you use them.
so it basically unretire anyone allows you to grab any historical figure including those with no unit tied to them and play them, which often ends up with creating a unit for them that doesn't have any standard clothes or inventory.

I guess the solution for this is to uhh retire then unretire the naked adventurer then see if the game would give them clothes in the 2 weeks~ time jump, or only use unretire anyone on folks you have seen before in adventure mode or probably fort mode.
edit:
Spoiler: 'questport fix' (click to show/hide)
for anyone who want to use questport again in the new dfhack
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 03:12:54 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: February 26, 2020, 03:19:13 pm »

Does it make sense to post incomplete info I found out on unknown variables, and if so, what is the proper place?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: February 26, 2020, 06:43:56 pm »

Could you please make a pull request with this fix so it doesn't get lost? I hadn't even seen any reports of issues with that script.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: February 26, 2020, 11:44:17 pm »

Could you please make a pull request with this fix so it doesn't get lost? I hadn't even seen any reports of issues with that script.
well sent an issue with the fix, so that at least it's there.
"body swapping and YOU!"

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: February 27, 2020, 03:56:11 am »

Is there a "retire anywhere" script that allows you to retire in lairs and such?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2135 on: February 27, 2020, 04:34:32 am »

Is there a way to get the soul information of a selected histfig in legends viewer?  I can write lua scripts but I can't find the variables needed.

(I'm trying to scan the personality and values of historical figures to see if there's a reason behind the things they do... The better to mod secrets and entities to manipulate unit behavior.)

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: February 27, 2020, 07:35:32 am »

Is there a way to get the soul information of a selected histfig in legends viewer?  I can write lua scripts but I can't find the variables needed.

(I'm trying to scan the personality and values of historical figures to see if there's a reason behind the things they do... The better to mod secrets and entities to manipulate unit behavior.)

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out.
hmm it should be in the info section of their data, some how the historical figure info section which holds data on if they read books and reputation and relationship towards others also holds their personality which ends up being inserted into the unit's soul.
I haven't poke around that to see if there's a personality trait that pushes folks towards doing necromancy stuff so far if I even figure out the event data for necromancers making a new unit
"body swapping and YOU!"

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: February 27, 2020, 02:53:24 pm »

3. and lacking that, is it possible to execute a script when the announcements screen opens?
You could use an onStateChange handler - I think that would probably be the easiest way.

That worked. Now I only need some useful filters.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: February 28, 2020, 02:48:02 am »

I have a question concerning the nature of DFHack - are the variable names of objects created by Toady, or does the DFHack team have to actually figure out what they do and name them that way?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: February 28, 2020, 02:56:30 am »

Is a script as I described even possible?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: February 28, 2020, 05:50:32 am »

Is a script as I described even possible?
so far give one could make a camp(slap a civ to said camp) and retire there the idea of moving into a lair would require scrubbing the restrictions on the site then adding a civ to it.

so far dfhack already could just move the campsite around and teleport it to your exact location so retiring adventurers anywhere isn't impossible just a different method is needed.
so I guess one could just convert the lair into a camp and just set up an main hall to claim it.
"body swapping and YOU!"

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: February 28, 2020, 07:13:45 am »

Is there any way of getting a list of all historical events related to a historical figure?  Like what is shown on the legends screen?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: February 28, 2020, 07:38:25 am »

I have a question concerning the nature of DFHack - are the variable names of objects created by Toady, or does the DFHack team have to actually figure out what they do and name them that way?
I don't think there's a single answer to the question:
- I think some information has been extracted through disassembly.
- Some info probably comes from Toady.
- The bulk of it is retaining what has been mapped earlier, sometimes with a bit of shifting around.
- Much of the "new" things (i.e. identification of things that hasn't been identified earlier, even if the mapping has been known for a long time) is named by "inventing" a suitable name, while trying to use the names DF uses when possible.

Is there any way of getting a list of all historical events related to a historical figure?  Like what is shown on the legends screen?
Mostly, I would say. Either you'd have to scour the historical info for entries that refer to the historical figure, and that means you'll have to know the fields where HF Ids are stored, which relies on DFHack mapping of the fields (and a lot of processing of the entries to get the rest of the info), or use the alternative approach that is to scour the exported legends info (which e.g. Legends Viewer uses, to great effect). Neither method probably provides the full picture, however, as Toady doesn't export everything in the entries, and DFHack hasn't mapped everything (in the ideal world, where DFHack structures has mapped everything, you'd be able to extract more than what Legends Mode tells you).

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: February 28, 2020, 08:27:14 am »

Mostly, I would say. Either you'd have to scour the historical info for entries that refer to the historical figure, and that means you'll have to know the fields where HF Ids are stored, which relies on DFHack mapping of the fields (and a lot of processing of the entries to get the rest of the info), or use the alternative approach that is to scour the exported legends info (which e.g. Legends Viewer uses, to great effect). Neither method probably provides the full picture, however, as Toady doesn't export everything in the entries, and DFHack hasn't mapped everything (in the ideal world, where DFHack structures has mapped everything, you'd be able to extract more than what Legends Mode tells you).

Yeah that's basically what I'm doing (I'm able to get the personality, values, skills, entity positions, and syndromes of a unit while viewing it on the legends screen) but I'm having a very hard time finding their associated events.  Scouring the entire event list is possible, but there are a lot of events, and I very, very much doubt that that's what the game is doing when you open up the history viewer (or it would take a lot longer to open up), which means there should be some place where the events that appear on a given histfig's screen are indexed.

I'm trying to perform scans of all units that perform particular actions, then average out their personalities to try to figure out which personality or value traits cause which kinds of behaviors.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3 | 0.47.03-beta1
« Reply #2144 on: February 28, 2020, 09:08:11 am »

A bit late, but we have an official pre-release, 0.47.03-beta1, up now: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.47.03-beta1 (just in time for 0.47.04, probably)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 243