Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 818943 times)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.05-r3
« Reply #3090 on: December 07, 2021, 11:50:14 am »

For cleaning spotclean will remove mud and other contaminants from individual tiles.
Fantastic! Thanks.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: December 07, 2021, 12:18:04 pm »

Looking at the DFHack docs, it doesn’t appear that there’s any command to add contaminants to a tile.  Perhaps someone should write one?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: December 07, 2021, 08:15:24 pm »

I did my best to search the docs, but didn't find anything, so I thought I'd just ask:

Is there any script/plugin which can add and remove mud from tiles? Adding mud to facilitate farming, removing mud as a matter of cleaning?

I know you can indirectly add mud with liquids, by spawning water, but this can be problematic in frozen environments.

The Tiletypes command lets you modify anything and everything about a tile. You should be able to add mud with it.
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: December 07, 2021, 10:49:57 pm »

The Tiletypes command lets you modify anything and everything about a tile. You should be able to add mud with it.
That might be the one thing you can't do with tiletypes - there's no MUDDY FLOOR shape, no MUDDY STONE material, no MUDDY special, and no Muddy option.

Though you could just use it to make the FLOOR be SOIL instead of STONE.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 10:51:47 pm by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3094 on: December 08, 2021, 10:28:12 am »

That might be the one thing you can't do with tiletypes - there's no MUDDY FLOOR shape, no MUDDY STONE material, no MUDDY special, and no Muddy option.
That's because there is no generic "MUDDY" flag (like there was back in 40d) - you have to create a "material_spatter" event with its material set to MUD:NONE (and state set to SOLID), add it to the map block in question, then set the "amount" for the appropriate tile within it.

Unfortunately, there don't appear to be any plugins or scripts which do this, but it shouldn't be too difficult to write a new one - it's mostly the same process as creating new mineral veins (which is supported within at least one plugin).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: December 09, 2021, 03:55:04 am »

Well, the "liquids" script/plugin allows you to drop 1/7 water on tiles, which will cause them to become muddy as the water evaporates, so you can muddy tiles using existing tools even if there's no tool that allows you to modify splatter directly.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: December 09, 2021, 10:58:15 am »

Well, the "liquids" script/plugin allows you to drop 1/7 water on tiles, which will cause them to become muddy as the water evaporates, so you can muddy tiles using existing tools even if there's no tool that allows you to modify splatter directly.
Unless those tiles are in a permanently frozen biome, which was the bizarre use-case which led me to bring up the topic to begin with. It's easy enough to create that 1/7 water with buckets otherwise.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: December 09, 2021, 11:09:10 am »

That's because there is no generic "MUDDY" flag (like there was back in 40d) - you have to create a "material_spatter" event with its material set to MUD:NONE (and state set to SOLID), add it to the map block in question, then set the "amount" for the appropriate tile within it.

Unfortunately, there don't appear to be any plugins or scripts which do this, but it shouldn't be too difficult to write a new one - it's mostly the same process as creating new mineral veins (which is supported within at least one plugin).

Out of curiosity, is it the spatter that facilitates farming, or does another flag get set when the spatter is detected?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3098 on: December 09, 2021, 02:10:11 pm »

Out of curiosity, is it the spatter that facilitates farming, or does another flag get set when the spatter is detected?
I haven't checked, but I suspect it's the spatter itself that permits farm plot placement since there's no "mud" flag in tile_occupancy/tile_designation (like there was in 40d and earlier).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: December 09, 2021, 02:31:10 pm »

Very interesting. Thank you

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: December 13, 2021, 09:26:04 am »

You can mud the entire map by entering
Code: [Select]
:lua df.global.ui.main.mode = df.ui_sidebar_mode.ArenaWeatherand pressing 'm' for "Mud everywhere". :P

(I don't think messing with the temperature does anything outside arena mode.)

Looks like "df.ui_sidebar_mode.ArenaTrees" functions, too. Just need to turn the filter on and off for the tree list to appear. More convenient for creating multiple trees than "gui/create-tree".
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 09:37:12 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Mugh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: January 04, 2022, 09:15:58 pm »

Is there a way to slow down the passing of time? I wanted to experiment with playing a fortress on a "real time" scale more in line with Adventure Mode's slower day/night cycle.

I was hoping the timestream script could be used for this - it seems to ignore any value lower than 1 though, so I wasn't able to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 09:26:55 pm by Mugh »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: January 05, 2022, 04:12:02 am »

Fortress Mode is designed to run at an accelerated rate in order to get things done in a reasonable amount of time (for players outside the extreme outliers), so you can't go below the one tick per tick ratio, but reducing the maximum FPS will slow everything down. Ideally you'd go to 1/72, but that's not an integer, so you'll have to select between 1/50 and 1/100 (i.e. an FPS of 1 or 2).

However, dorfs will still move at a speed of 1/72 and eat, drink, and sleep very rarely as a result of the 1:72 ratio. You're probably better off trying to manipulate Adventure Mode (which probably won't be easy at all) and build the whole Fortress Mode logic yourself on top of the 1:1 time framework.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: January 07, 2022, 08:38:51 pm »

I've got a quick question:

Quote from: DFHack
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
New window size: 800x300
Font size: 10x12
Resizing grid to 80x25
Resizing font to 10x12

Resetting textures
Can't load plugin stonesense
DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
DFHack version 0.47.05-r3 (release) on x86
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
[DFHack]#

./dfhack: line 89: 18696 Segmentation fault      setarch "$setarch_arch" -R env LD_PRELOAD="$PRELOAD_LIB" ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"

This is the fifth time DFHack has segfaulted on me in the last 24 hours!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: January 07, 2022, 09:32:52 pm »

That's not necessarily a DFHack crash, that line 89 is actually in a script that runs DF - the code that actually seg faulted could be in DF, DFHack, or some library.

Do you know how to find core dumps in your distro?
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 243