Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 498966 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: My Shame is Eternal
« Reply #3075 on: July 19, 2014, 09:09:28 am »

Can't is just be magic? Like magnets?
No. Magic doesn't offer as much horrible death and destruction. I have yet to see any piece of fantasy provide as much existential terror as the prospect of a false vacuum metastability event.
That's because most of us don't have any clue what the hell those even are. :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 19, 2014, 11:21:59 am »

From what I know of it, it's something that would change the laws of physics and basically tear the universe apart.

Magic can do that too though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: July 19, 2014, 12:31:56 pm »

I don't do research for things I want to craft because it's so unfun to do. This is a game, not a science project.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: July 19, 2014, 12:45:00 pm »

I don't do research for things I want to craft because either a. The thing being crafted is a insta-build type of thing, b. I already know enough about the subject that I don't need to do research, since I'm not fucking about with false vacuum metastability events, c. I don't want to bother with trying to even pretend to have logic in a world where there's weird-ass Void shit and demons and blah, or d. All of the above

Also, entropy gives me plenty of existential terror, Empiricist, and there's plenty of fantasy built around that.

Eventually the universe will undergo heat death, and no matter what you do, you cannot escape it or stop it, and nothing will ever be able to occur ever again, because the universe has fallen into a state of perfect neutrality without the capacity for movement or life.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: July 19, 2014, 12:46:02 pm »

nah, the sultanes will kill the universe before heat death happens, relax
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: July 19, 2014, 12:49:36 pm »

nah, the sultanes will kill the universe before heat death happens, relax

No Akroma.

I'm talking about real life.

That will happen in real life.

In fantasy, at least, you can use magic to stop entropy, typically, since magic doesn't usually follow the laws of physics or thermodynamics or anything. Which is why it's called magic.

That said, why would the universe being utterly obliterated be any better?!?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 19, 2014, 12:55:04 pm »

anyone who gets existential fears about the universe decaying really has no real problems :P
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: July 19, 2014, 01:09:41 pm »

Random question: Are magical girl transformations affected by anti-magic fields? And by magical girl transformations, I mean the stuff like in Sailor Moon. The ones where they change outfits, gain a weapon and generate large amounts of fanservice. I want to say yes but I'm not sure why.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: July 19, 2014, 01:10:36 pm »

I suppose if the anti-magic field has plot levels of strength, as in "must be taken out" or "you are not supposed to fight". Not that we have any of those girls. Which is a shame. Maybe I should give the HYDRA the ability to transform into a civilian form

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: July 19, 2014, 01:12:09 pm »

So they have to be extremely strong to stop them from transforming? Makes sense I guess.

If you're curious, I'm thinking of magical girl assassins. They make a strange amount of sense.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 19, 2014, 01:13:22 pm »

just wait until Dalia reveals that her bad luck curse is just a passiv, transforms and suddenly has huge monster abilities

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: July 19, 2014, 01:19:46 pm »

Well, she is my character so you'd think that I'd know if she could do something like that. :P

Seriously though, magical girl assassins, best idea ever. Can walk past guards without drawing suspicion and then transform and cut everyone down.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 19, 2014, 01:38:11 pm »

Somehow I think that people would be suspicious of small school-age children meeting with high-up corporate executives or other individuals in positions of power.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 19, 2014, 01:42:33 pm »

I guess it depends on how much you're paid.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: July 19, 2014, 01:46:43 pm »

Somehow I think that people would be suspicious of small school-age children meeting with high-up corporate executives or other individuals in positions of power.

Well, through the magic of makeup you could make them look older and thus less suspicious. Though obviously it depends heavily on the situation and circumstances. You wouldn't send them to attack a person in a heavily guarded bunker. But for some kind of public function? They'd be perfect since nobody would suspect them until they transformed and ran someone through with their magical sword or whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 685