Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 496347 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile

yes, summons should be pre-defined, even genetic ones, and the summoning duration, cost and TN can be decided by smurf
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I actually think that removing combat could be a good idea. Since pretty much all the stupid arguments stemmed from them. After all, GMs should know if the heroes would win or lose.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Ah, but that makes it's own kind of problems when a character should have won but the GM decides that losing would be a better option. Combat helps define who should win. Just too much balance becomes the major issue.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

also it creates tense moments, without them being pre-defined and the GM thinking "hmm, now we should have a tense moment"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also True.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

Yeah, like when people thought I pulled off a TPK

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, but that makes it's own kind of problems when a character should have won but the GM decides that losing would be a better option. Combat helps define who should win. Just too much balance becomes the major issue.
Obviously if the GM thinks that it's true. And there's no reason that the character in question would have if that's the case.

also it creates tense moments, without them being pre-defined and the GM thinking "hmm, now we should have a tense moment"
It creates bitching about how powerful the opponents in question are.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

In other words, the arguements are overshadowed by how enjoyable and tense combat is.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

And it wouldn't stop arguments in the slightest just having the GM decide who would win.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They shouldn't happen to begin with.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe not but your suggestion wouldn't solve anything.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Better than any of Akroma's previous suggestion.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering it would only make the arguing worse, no it wasn't.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

err, no. Now be so kind and dont start an arguement from the sidelines. Someone who quit the game might not be the best to argue what is best for the game, because the ones who didnt quit clearly think differently.

The GM just dictating what is happening is bad, might as well read a book

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woah waoh. Arguing about the arguments is an unnecessary arguement. Combat needs to be toned down. Yes we all probably agree with that. But removing Combat all together is a bad idea. Let's not discuss why we like or dislike combat but instead talk about how we can improve it to make it more enjoyable.

@Akroma, KJ still has a character, so don't fuel fodder to the fire.
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 685