Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678016 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1290 on: April 04, 2016, 12:05:20 pm »

On top of that if you end up with a large empire, it may take a long time for your fleet to move from one side to the other, depending on your warp type.

This is the sort of natural reason I'd expect to split ships up. If you're the big guy and have multiple smaller enemies you need to keep track of, then you'll naturally have to split your fleets. I except if you're smaller, or only have one rival, it'd very much make sense to keep all your fleets together. And I'm fine with that.

In addition I expect that they'll rebalance warscore so that wars last quite a bit longer then the one on the stream did. And with war wariness you'll have to consider splitting your fleets up to siege multiple planets at once, which at least leaves some tactical options for a wary opponent if they can scrape together another fleet to try to take you out piecemeal, or at least, more realistically, you doing this to a larger empire.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:09:30 pm by Criptfeind »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 04, 2016, 12:33:15 pm »

I just hope they expand combat to more than just "kill them ships ded"

Boarding actions, interdiction, fighter-craft, disabling engines/weapons, propaganda, captains deciding to surrender to protect their crews, etc.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 04, 2016, 01:10:46 pm »

AFAIK, fighter craft and temporary FTL-jamming equipment is already in the game.
I do think that things like boarding, propaganda and surrender would be interesting features, too.
I guess it would depend not only on the morale, but also the perception that ship crews have of their enemy. Ships would not be likely to surrender to murderous mass-purgers, but if you're a decadent and violent empire loosing a fight against a bunch of individualistic xenophiles, that could start off mass desertions. This kind of feature would add a lot of depth, I think.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 04, 2016, 08:40:59 pm »

Yeah to expand on the rock paper scissors thing I said, Stellaris isn't BASED AROUND that like GalCiv was, I'm just somewhat excited that it has a presence in combat and I can thus do the Wimp Lo strat.

I believe the effect it has in Stellaris is similar, but much MUCH less pronounced. So while I'll be milking Wimp Lo for all its worth, I don't expect it to win me the game the way it would in GalCiv.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 04, 2016, 09:32:15 pm »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 07, 2016, 05:05:05 pm »

New stream today. Haven't watched it yet. Over two hours long this time.

https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/v/59117784

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 07, 2016, 05:11:06 pm »

I've seen it, a lot of bugs get showcased and a few complaints about boarders some people have brought up have been addressed (Now a colony starts with a tiny boarder that slowly grows as it's settled, and boarder spread in general has been reduced) Also, a fallen empire!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 07, 2016, 05:17:55 pm »

new blackhole texture.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 07, 2016, 05:18:30 pm »

Very Interstellar looking, I like it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 07, 2016, 06:14:30 pm »

I've seen it, a lot of bugs get showcased and a few complaints about boarders some people have brought up have been addressed (Now a colony starts with a tiny boarder that slowly grows as it's settled, and boarder spread in general has been reduced) Also, a fallen empire!
Yeah, normally I don't make a fuss about spelling... but that repeated typo in this context makes things really confusing.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 07, 2016, 06:33:32 pm »

TIL that boarding parties in Stellaris are Katamaris. #CaptainLiteral
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 07, 2016, 06:38:49 pm »

Yeah, normally I don't make a fuss about spelling... but that repeated typo in this context makes things really confusing.

RIP me I guess.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 07, 2016, 06:57:57 pm »

RIP me I guess.

Genuinely thought that Colonies had a "Boarder" unit that functioned as defense against ground invasion and Boarders from ship to ship combat had to organically spread around enemy ships, which would be a bit overkill to simulate.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 07, 2016, 08:20:28 pm »

new blackhole texture.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
New model too, although I'm pretty sure it's the same sphere that they use for all stars and possibly also planets/moons.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 632