Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678016 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #2235 on: May 16, 2016, 07:29:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sister Miriam's falling on hard times

Good for her.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: May 16, 2016, 07:42:29 pm »

Laughed out loud at that Miriam thing...
And the Miroslavs.  Miroslavs everywhere.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: May 16, 2016, 07:47:36 pm »

My guys are radical xenophobes and repugnant so everybody hates me already.  The Haahn are good workers and they live on an arctic planet my guys can't deal with so I've let them continue to exist and even legalized slave procreation.

I'm deciding what to do with the Fiiral.  They were the first race I discovered and they're also fanatic xenophobes so there's been a lot of friction there.  It finally led to war when they colonized a planet in the only open region of space left for me to expand in.  I'm occupying it now and I enslaved the populace but they're really ornery and looking less and less worthwhile.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: May 16, 2016, 07:52:57 pm »

Luckily I tend to play Monarchy and if there is one thing we are REALLY good at, it is making people conform to our way of thinking.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: May 16, 2016, 08:22:57 pm »

started a new game with a mod to fix the sol bug and quick observer to check to make sure their are no other humans. going good so far. I'm surrounded by fanatic collectivist spiritualists for some reason though. literally four different empires with the same ethos. and friendly advanced start blorg conveniently. one of them made the mistake of declaring on me. to insure future peace they are now a sector in my empire.

also i found this highly amusing fallen empire message on the forums. they mince no words.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2240 on: May 16, 2016, 08:38:07 pm »

New dev diary.

Two free updates announced for the end of May and June to fix bugs and address the most glaring issues.

Quote from: May
    Fixes to the Ethic Divergence and Convergence issues. Currently, Pops tend to get more and more neutral (they lose Ethics, but rarely gain new ones.)
    The End of Combat Summary. This screen looks bad and also doesn’t tell you what you need to know in order to revise your ship designs, etc.
    Sector Management GUI: There are many issues with this, and we will try to get most of them fixed.
    Diplomacy GUI issues. This includes the Diplomatic Pop-Ups when other empires contact you, but also more and better looking Notifications, and more informative tooltips on wars, etc.
    AI improvements: Notably the Sector AI, but also plenty of other things. This kind of work is never "finished"...
    Myriads of bug fixes and smaller GUI improvements.
    Late game crises bugs. There were some nasty bugs in there, blocking certain subplots and various surprising developments.
    EDIT: Remaining Performance Issues. We know about them; they might even be hotfixed before Clarke.
    EDIT: Corvettes are too good.
Quote from: June (uncomfirmed)
    Border Access Revision: Borders are now open to your ships by default, although empires can choose to Close their borders for another empire (lowering your relations, of course.)
    Tributaries: New diplomatic status and corresponding war goals.
    Joint Declarations of War: You can ask other empires to join you for a temporary alliance in a war against a specific target.
    Defensive Pacts.
    Harder to form and maintain proper Alliances.
    More war goals: Humiliate, Open Borders, Make Tributary, etc.
    Emancipation Faction. We had to cut this one at the last minute. Needs redesign.
    Diplomatic Map Mode. Much requested!
    Diplomatic Incidents: This is a whole class of new scripted events that causes more interaction with the other empires.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: May 16, 2016, 08:59:20 pm »

I made a thread for sharing Space Empires. Please don't carry over any conversations from here.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:30:44 am by Ultimuh »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2242 on: May 16, 2016, 09:14:23 pm »

Turns out the sector ai isn't quite as brain-dead as we thought. People just didn't get it. Sectors have an internal influence system so if you're making them maintain your frontier outposts and stuff then they can never upgrade the planet capital of make the higher level upgrades.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/4jmt0t/sectors_101_here_are_some_tips_to_make_using/

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 17, 2016, 12:32:10 am »

GURG
ITS ALREADY IMPOSSIBLE TO FORM ALLIANCES, IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE HARDER.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2244 on: May 17, 2016, 12:45:15 am »

GURG
ITS ALREADY IMPOSSIBLE TO FORM ALLIANCES, IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE HARDER.
Yeah I'm a bit concerned about that. The hardest part is the base -50 acceptance modifier. Maintaining an alliance is just embassy+some influence, so maybe that could be changed a bit? I like trust/favours from EU, maybe they could use that.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 17, 2016, 12:57:05 am »

Having same rivals and ideals matters a lot, though. I've had no trouble allying people I want to ally, the problem is the influence cost for maintaining the alliance.

Eep, I enlightened some natives that are very strong and adaptable, but unfortunately fanatic xenophobe militarists. Their vassal state is a bunch of fanatical purifiers. I was hoping to use them as a buffer state, but... I now have my pet hitler. I wonder if I should just integrate them. I don't think I can ever change their ideals though, since they are far from my capital.

I really wish there was a way to manipulate pre-FTL species morality with infiltration and enlightenment.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 17, 2016, 01:00:53 am »

I like the unconfirmed info of borders being open by default but I was kinda hoping more at what seemed to be hinted at that big long linked post a bit back.  With them talking about how in the historical games you could always use the oceans.

I was kinda thinking that meant you would be able to freely choose your ship's destinations, especially for stuff like warp drives.  Not being limited to targeting stars would allow players to use those big 'oceans' of empty space between galactic arms to mostly freely travel.  Only being blocked by the oddall empire that manages to find two habitable planets on the edges of the gap to link the territory or the ones specifically setting up frontier posts to block it at the cost of influence.

But I suppose that would change the game too much. Hyperdrives would have to find some way to explain hyperlanes in the middle of nowhere.  And it would pretty much remove how incredibly hard it is to reach other galactic arms, which is something I currently like.

Perhaps if all players had the ability to research a 'late early game' ftl drive that could be put on any ship, was expensive and comparatively slow, but allowed arbitrary destinations.  Giving players something like the equivalent of a boat in land based games.  Heck bonus points if you could further research it up to upgrade it from a ftl slot to a utility slot, allowing hybrid ships that will use the race's base ftl under normal circumstances, but using the 'void drive' when necessary or in the off case where it's faster. 

Double heck it could even work sorta like the liir's ftl in Sword of the stars, getting faster the farther it is from any systems.  Walled in on both sides? Make a survey ship or colony ship with a void drive to jump the galactic arm and keep surveying, or just go around the galactic rim.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:04:27 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: May 17, 2016, 05:35:45 am »

Corvettes are too good.

Sort of game. They kind of on a parabola.

They start off good, then end up terrible, and then end up REALLY freeken good.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: May 17, 2016, 05:57:42 am »

This game came very close to ripping off Sword of the Stars' ship design and racial diversity in the right places, it just didn't rip off enough.

And I still think that splitting nations by starting weapon type is silly. Any spaceborne nation will have missiles, and any species that can build FTL-capable ships has the technology for combat lasers and mass drivers. SotS had it right, the weapon choice mainly comes into play based on the defenses your enemies have, not your racial preferences.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: May 17, 2016, 07:21:05 am »

Turns out the sector ai isn't quite as brain-dead as we thought. People just didn't get it. Sectors have an internal influence system so if you're making them maintain your frontier outposts and stuff then they can never upgrade the planet capital of make the higher level upgrades.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/4jmt0t/sectors_101_here_are_some_tips_to_make_using/

I noticed that sectors DO upgrade influence costing building (at least capital from level 2(5 pop) to 3). However info on them having influence on their own is most likely false, since there is a flag for sectors to ignore influence costs in files.

Did anyone managed to find a way to mod out a hard penalty to diplomatic options for difficulty (-25/-50)? The only difficulty related thing i found is that AI gets +50/100% bonus to all resources (including research) and it doesn't affect players vassals. You are actually gimping AI capabilities by making them your vassal (this part is only in comment, so if it's working, it's hardcoded).
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 632