Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678034 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4185 on: February 07, 2017, 06:33:34 pm »

That quest is far too long and functional for me to believe it's in the base game.
It's just one of the precursor chains. I've run through it a few times. The final outcome depends on your ethics, and is one of the few things that can actually change your empire ethics right now in Vanilla.

Still don't get why they don't use do that more often, It'll help at least feel like i'm actually affecting the gaxaly after exterminating 3/4s of a race of xenophiles and turn them into xenophobes.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: February 07, 2017, 07:03:48 pm »

Spoiler: spoilers for Utopia? (click to show/hide)

I couldn't find any mention of this with the search feature. Have a teaser from twitter.

-edit-

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:09:39 pm by Aedel »
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: February 07, 2017, 07:09:56 pm »

Supremacy seems like it could be nice. That border projection is nice for comfy playthrough, as it is in xenophobia. Fire rate is nice regardless of playstyle. If the other stuff follows this trend, it could be one of my favorites along with harmony.
I've also seen a "flesh tithe" tradition which lets you receive slaves as tribute from your vassals, which presumably goes to one of those two, but I can't say which. If it's Domination, that fits the theme and that'll be all the domination techs. But Superiority could be a slave thing (because muh American white supremacy culture I guess) in which case it could fit there. I hope not though. That'd be kinda shit and it definitely fits better with Domination, so that's what I'm expecting. That means Supremacy is still a big mystery.

I imagine Supremacy will be more offensive combat based - it'd make sense thematically, and might allow for some interesting 'super offensive' races/play throughs
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: February 07, 2017, 08:18:04 pm »

Spoiler: spoilers for Utopia? (click to show/hide)

I couldn't find any mention of this with the search feature. Have a teaser from twitter.

-edit-

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.

Supremacy seems like it could be nice. That border projection is nice for comfy playthrough, as it is in xenophobia. Fire rate is nice regardless of playstyle. If the other stuff follows this trend, it could be one of my favorites along with harmony.
I've also seen a "flesh tithe" tradition which lets you receive slaves as tribute from your vassals, which presumably goes to one of those two, but I can't say which. If it's Domination, that fits the theme and that'll be all the domination techs. But Superiority could be a slave thing (because muh American white supremacy culture I guess) in which case it could fit there. I hope not though. That'd be kinda shit and it definitely fits better with Domination, so that's what I'm expecting. That means Supremacy is still a big mystery.

I imagine Supremacy will be more offensive combat based - it'd make sense thematically, and might allow for some interesting 'super offensive' races/play throughs
That definitely makes sense if you consider what's currently missing from the stable. Border projection seems like a weird foundational ability for it, though, so I think it'll be a bit more mechanically varied than just "git gud at war" stuff. I do expect to see a tradition which improves your soldiers at the very least, though, and while the fire rate capstone is already a nice boon for your fleet, I wouldn't be surprised to see something else to that effect too, or something which does it indirectly, such as a limit increase and/or upkeep decrease. But I don't think all five traditions are going to be leaning that way.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4189 on: February 08, 2017, 01:51:58 pm »

Has anyone played a multiplayer game of Stellaris yet? I tried one and, I mean, it was technically functional, but not very fun. I was disappointed in the way that the diplomacy worked.

Also, my friend and I noticed a serious error in the way that combat strength is calculated. It really, really underestimates the power of numbers, which is totally inverse of the way that science fiction works. A single high-tech ship can take on many times its number in fiction, but here an equal-strength number of low-tech corvettes will win with no significant damage.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: February 08, 2017, 05:45:26 pm »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: February 08, 2017, 05:49:30 pm »

The "Do not do this" remind me of some of Failbetter's stuff.

... I'd totally form the covenant to see what happens.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: February 08, 2017, 05:52:36 pm »

Seeing Fallen London influences in Stellaris is literally and without hyperbole the best thing to have happened to the game since it started development.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: February 08, 2017, 10:18:36 pm »

-snip-

On the topic of Covenants...

Honestly seems like a better deal to me than the Whispers.

The "Do not do this" remind me of some of Failbetter's stuff.

... I'd totally form the covenant to see what happens.
You're right. The line about the hunger in their tone is the other one is the same.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: February 08, 2017, 11:29:07 pm »

Ok the expansion in the making is looking pretty good... I might have to get back into this game.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: February 09, 2017, 03:23:26 am »

I'm guessing things go poorly for you once that modifier runs out.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: February 09, 2017, 05:39:19 am »

Seeing Fallen London influences in Stellaris is literally and without hyperbole the best thing to have happened to the game since it started development.
:'(
This brings me literarily good and bad memories--both at the same time. :I This is nice. (Y'know, the conciseness + contentful quality + hints before something really bad happens that you can't blame yourself if you didn't know because you had a hint anyway?)

At least there aren't star spiders. x_x

Am I silly in assuming USEC cut off the important part continued under the nice bonuses? :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: February 09, 2017, 05:45:07 am »

If anything, the list of bonuses continues for a comically long time, substantially improving literally every stat possible for the empire, with no negatives at all.

Do not do this.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: February 09, 2017, 05:49:46 am »

If anything, the list of bonuses continues for a comically long time, substantially improving literally every stat possible for the empire, with no negatives at all.

Do not do this.
...In a gaming perspective, this will challenge people to develop the most overblown kinda strategy in expecting what happens later.

And then what'll happen after the timer runs out is just a 'Game Over' sign. :P
But I am curious... :I

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4199 on: February 09, 2017, 06:41:36 am »

Yeah I was excited to hear Kennedy (lead writer for sunless sea) is working for them on Stellaris now. It looks like that move is bearing fruit.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 632