Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2293994 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17085 on: May 02, 2016, 06:24:17 pm »

That was directed at the game, just so you know.

Annnnd one more from it: Was fighting a big fat Majini with a freaking gatling gun. While dealing with horrible memories from the previous title in the series(dude looked exactly the same... except the previous guy was Spanish and this guy was African), he introduces my chin to the side of the barrels, putting me in critical. Instead of running right to me with that first aid spray, Sheva decides to go back to the previous section(how I don't know) do a lap through the one-way tunnel back to where we were fighting, and is literally 5 feet away from me when my health hits zero.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17086 on: May 02, 2016, 06:30:26 pm »

That was directed at the game, just so you know.

Annnnd one more from it: Was fighting a big fat Majini with a freaking gatling gun. While dealing with horrible memories from the previous title in the series(dude looked exactly the same... except the previous guy was Spanish and this guy was African), he introduces my chin to the side of the barrels, putting me in critical. Instead of running right to me with that first aid spray, Sheva decides to go back to the previous section(how I don't know) do a lap through the one-way tunnel back to where we were fighting, and is literally 5 feet away from me when my health hits zero.

Is that game even any good?

Is RE6 even any good?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17087 on: May 02, 2016, 06:38:25 pm »

Is RE6 even any good?
I love RE5. Me and GiglameshDespair picked it up on PC and we played through the game three times in a week quite recently, and we plan to do a Let's Play of it where we go through the game on Professional without any of our New Game+ goodies. We haven't even touched Mercenaries mode yet.

I played all the campaigns. It was okay. I missed the upgrading from previous titles. I heard that the Mercenaries was pretty fun but I never tried it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17088 on: May 02, 2016, 06:50:16 pm »

Is RE6 even any good?
I love RE5. Me and GiglameshDespair picked it up on PC and we played through the game three times in a week quite recently, and we plan to do a Let's Play of it where we go through the game on Professional without any of our New Game+ goodies. We haven't even touched Mercenaries mode yet.

I played all the campaigns. It was okay. I missed the upgrading from previous titles. I heard that the Mercenaries was pretty fun but I never tried it.
I will say, however, RE5 does contain several QTE sequences, and fuck those with a rusty rake.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17089 on: May 02, 2016, 06:59:10 pm »

RE6 has way more, way worse QTEs in it. Rope climbing, anyone?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17090 on: May 02, 2016, 07:15:25 pm »

I'm one of those weird people who actually likes QTEs sometimes.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17091 on: May 02, 2016, 07:27:41 pm »

I hate wiggling the analog sticks; it wears them out faster. And with the exception of games meant to be that way, like Heavy Rain, I'm not a fan of QTEs being half the game. The annoying half no less. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17092 on: May 02, 2016, 07:28:55 pm »

I thought RE6 was ok. The non stick-wiggling QTEs weren't that bad.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17093 on: May 02, 2016, 08:29:04 pm »

I'm one of those weird people who actually likes QTEs sometimes.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ye mutant :V
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17094 on: May 02, 2016, 08:31:47 pm »

sez the garlic-hater :V
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17095 on: May 02, 2016, 09:06:52 pm »

RE6 has way more, way worse QTEs in it. Rope climbing, anyone?
I don't remember any QTEs in RE6 that were as shitty as the one Sheva is forced to perform on the last level in RE5. Multiple people including myself, and this is coming from a person who has beaten MGS1 and 2 on Extreme (those games are notorious for the difficulty of the torture sequence QTEs), were unable to do that QTE.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17096 on: May 02, 2016, 09:42:54 pm »

You mean cliffhanging? Yeah, it sucks, but I'm pretty good at mashing. No, what really sucks is having to alternately press L2 and R2, and if the game feels like it it can chuck Leon three quarters of the way back down, screwing over Helena in the process. That QTE was so bad they actually patched it to be easier.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17097 on: May 02, 2016, 10:41:39 pm »

There was one guy with a shotgun, on a map where there's no sense of separation between the two teams. He was able to just endlessly sneak up behind us, getting a lot of free kills and basically winning the match with a minimum of effort.

GitS: First Assault.

I swear, all of these new online shooters just feel like they're just down to random chance. I have no idea what I'm doing differently in some matches that lets me win and get a positive KDR, whereas other matches I just get endlessly thrown into the meat grinder.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17098 on: May 03, 2016, 12:36:03 am »

Took a stray hit after emptying my mana bar on the final boss. Due to how mana works in this game, this resulted in an immediate collapse into a puddle of despair.

GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17099 on: May 03, 2016, 05:01:59 am »

The true horror comes from encountering him halfway along the corridor, staring face to face with the monster as the realization that you can't run back to your safe haven before he charges slowly dawns on you. Knowing that you are well and truly fucked.
No. Its clear that the fight takes place in a foggy hall of mirrors. You never know which way he's coming from, and though you can break the mirrors, even opening up a couple new paths through the maze by doing so, the fog still makes it though to see whether its him or a reflection or some random mook, and it's still a maze or corridors to navigate in the middle of a truely horrifying fight.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 1138 1139 [1140] 1141 1142 ... 1571