Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 62

Author Topic: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS  (Read 227415 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS
« Reply #645 on: October 10, 2012, 06:28:17 pm »

USE THE ANTI TROLL LAUNCHER! IT MAKES THE BANHAMMER OUTDATED! :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 10, 2012, 10:50:19 pm »

Ok seriously, if we are putting out V2 of Teh Lolmod then it would help if we had a unified front instead of 2 or 3 different people just putting in whatever, If we are to do this, lets collaborate on it.

YOUSHALLBECOMEASTHESOUPTHATBLOWSINTHEWINTERWITHASMILETHATTOLERATESDETAILEDCAVESONEVILGLACIERSBUTONLYONTUESDAYWITHACHANCEOFBUTTERCUPRAPINGYOUINTHEFACE.

That is all.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 10, 2012, 10:55:00 pm »

So, I got the spam both working. 1 or 2 bugs to iron out, but I'm liking them so far. They're barely dangerous when alone, but groups are deadly. Like RL wildlife, and real spam bots.

Moving to the civ soon.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 10, 2012, 11:08:31 pm »

DAMN IT MISKO YOU RUIN MY DREAMS BOTH HERE AND IN RTD
READ THIS DAMN YOU. ALSO SHOW SOME FORM OF RECOGNITION THAT YOU HAVE INDEED READ IT.
Ok seriously, if we are putting out V2 of Teh Lolmod then it would help if we had a unified front instead of 2 or 3 different people just putting in whatever, If we are to do this, lets collaborate on it.

YOUSHALLBECOMEASTHESOUPTHATBLOWSINTHEWINTERWITHASMILETHATTOLERATESDETAILEDCAVESONEVILGLACIERSBUTONLYONTUESDAYWITHACHANCEOFBUTTERCUPRAPINGYOUINTHEFACE.

That is all.

Indeed, I do this.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 10, 2012, 11:55:27 pm »

Trolololololol, but in any case, yes, we DO need a unified front, at least my contribution was basically a one-time thing that can be added in with the rest, I mean, I could iron out the kinks in it, but it's at least functional (I hope)

SO..... Now we have spambots, are they in an entity? or wild? Or are there two types so that they are everywhere? But in any case, they seem to finally be an enemy that is, for some part, WEAKER than us, even if they outnumber us.

Should I tell everyone about what I put in? Or let Talvieno make whatever awesome tweaks he wants to them first, and then let him give the news?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 10, 2012, 11:59:08 pm »

Trolololololol, but in any case, yes, we DO need a unified front, at least my contribution was basically a one-time thing that can be added in with the rest, I mean, I could iron out the kinks in it, but it's at least functional (I hope)

SO..... Now we have spambots, are they in an entity? or wild? Or are there two types so that they are everywhere? But in any case, they seem to finally be an enemy that is, for some part, WEAKER than us, even if they outnumber us.

Should I tell everyone about what I put in? Or let Talvieno make whatever awesome tweaks he wants to them first, and then let him give the news?
I really don;t see what panic is being done here. I agree it must be a single unified mod, but That doesn't mean there can't be collaberation.

Haven't got to the civ yet. There will  be wild, "dumb" spam bots, and more peaceful ones. Unfortunately, they are shaping up to become kobolds, so we might as well replace them in the mod.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 11, 2012, 12:08:09 am »

Well, as long as we all agree on what is, in fact, being put in, I don't see why we can't go our separate ways, mod to our hearts' contents, and then show it to each other and see what we can use from it.

And about spambots basically being kobolds, I tried to think of ways to argue that, but really, they would even have [UTTERANCES], I think in that case, we should just change kobolds to spambots, like you said, and maybe alter a couple things with them, like weapons, clothes, ethics, etc.
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 11, 2012, 04:58:40 am »

Bloody hell. I'm taking this in control. We are gonna be more organized but we cannot all mod at the same time because this would cause instabilities and people might add the same things or edit something the other guy needs.

For this reason we are going to a priority system. The highest priority guy finishes, tests and after it's all ironed out, he gives it to the next guy all finished and he begins.

So here is the current priority list that is bound to change:

1. MastahCheese - Technical and real life problems. Unable to complete mod.

2. Misko27 - He has already started adding spambots from what I can see, but what I suggest is for him to iron out his ideas and codes until Talvieno finishes his part so that there are no incompatibilities. It will also give him time to think about how to make them unique. Maybe add a weapon or two or something else too.

3. BFEL - It's obvious that BFEL wants to add something so he'll get his turn. This will also give a sort of "rest" for everything and I predict will be more passive.

So these are the current order of turns. If anyone wants a turn, just tell me.

Otherwise, I suggest you all offer what things you want to be implemented, full of ideas, and then one of the guys in turn has to accept if it is seen fit to be added.

In short - You give ideas to these guys in order and if it's good, they'll implement it mostly. You can also ask for a turn of your own if it's a super secret thing to add or you can just PM the one that's gonna add it to reduce people that know of it. Just be aware that other turn takers might look at the code and see what was added. (Yes, yes, I know this was longer than the long one)

So any objections (Which thy will not tolerate)?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:39:20 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 11, 2012, 06:02:43 am »

Thank you Apiks, this is the kind of thing I was talking about, though I might suggest giving talvi an extra turn at the end so he can iron out any kinks the rest of us end up with.

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 11, 2012, 06:18:16 am »

That will have to be discussed with Talvieno himself. I do not wish to be giving him extra work without his consent.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 11, 2012, 03:55:16 pm »

Woo! I initiated the V2! And awesome chart there, Apiks, I think will definetly help out with the confusion.

It's cool that we have a turn order for the creation of the next world before the fort's even finished
The Derail Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 11, 2012, 04:02:43 pm »

Nice graph. Anyway, the PSAT is next week, so progress will be very slow until that has passed. The bastards are pretty funny right now. They could win a fight with a unarmed forumite, one-on-one, but they aren't terribly strong on their own, so if you throw a single swordsforumite at him they'll die off fine. The more terrifying possibility is that it gets into the fort somehow, cause then it starts emitting a syndrome bearing gas. It'll certainly slow down work a shitload, but it won't kill the fort. It justs annoys the hell out of the dwarves. Other then the gas, they'e also pretty terrible at close quarter combat, so no worries. Things could still change, and nothing is final, but heres where I am now.

I'm wondering what to do with the sentient ones...

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 11, 2012, 06:37:35 pm »

I hate letting you guys down, but I'm kinda stuck here. :( On one hand, I love Teh LOLmod, and Necrothreat, but I don't have enough time on to really get anywhere with my turn very fast at all. I was hoping to be done in just a few days, but that's obviously not going to happen. I have about an hour a day to be on (borrowing someone else's computer), now that my other computer's keyboard isn't working, and I foolishly spent all the time I had before it got destroyed on programming a random cavern creature generator. >.> lol. I'm already behind in updating the second post in Spearbreakers...

so... thoughts? :-\

And as to LOLmod V2, I think I could probably print out Mastahcheese's raws and figure out what (if anything) is wrong with them from there. That wouldn't be an issue. I have little in the way of a shortage of free time away from a computer.  ::)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 11, 2012, 08:05:05 pm »

:( this is terrible news, are you saying you wont be able to finish your turn?

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 11, 2012, 08:34:36 pm »

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Sarge can't finish his dark tower! :'(
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 62