Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bay 12 Forum Games: A ThreeToe and Toady One Interview  (Read 921 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Bay 12 Forum Games: A ThreeToe and Toady One Interview
« on: November 06, 2017, 12:28:55 pm »

Forum Games and Roleplaying, the board with the most activity on Bay 12(even more than General Discussion, literally the place for discussing anything) and hesitantly I dare claim, one of the most active Forum Game nexi on the internets...

Located here... On the forum for the team that makes Dwarf Fortress: A game about... well everything: from the perspective of a settlement of subterranean dwarves(or the mastermind directing them). How? Why? What!?

Q. Why here?

Q. Why was it embraced?

Q. Why has it flourished?

Q. Is there some secret connection these two share with the only multiplayer games B12 is likely to do with here?
Awesome With Autism
Sometimes my emotions are like a stream: steady and directed. Others they are like a whirlpool: I lose myself in the spiral.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Bay 12 Forum Games: A ThreeToe and Toady One Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:36:37 pm »

In my own personal struggle to understand the world around me... Specifically my prime hobby these days: Bay 12 Forum Games and Roleplaying board, I submit to you B12 devs a request and invitation for Your perspective on the online D&D-esq phenomenon.
Awesome With Autism
Sometimes my emotions are like a stream: steady and directed. Others they are like a whirlpool: I lose myself in the spiral.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:31:53 pm »

PLEASE, PLEASE SUPPORT THIS.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 06:25:23 pm »

If you haven't done so already, PMing Toady and ThreeToe would probably be a simpler way for them to see your question.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:07:32 pm »

As an outsider peering in, these are some damn good questions.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 11:19:03 pm »

I am neither the Toady One nor ThreeToe, but I think I have a maybe idea for why here?
Thing is, if you're playing DF - especially in the way we do it here, with the succession forts and such - then you're going to be a story person. If you like going through the community fort threads, then you're definitely a story person. As such, the people here are, plain and simple, the type of people more likely to enjoy roleplaying games; after all, it's just another way to make a story.
It's a simpler way than DF is, anyway. :P
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.