Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 251

Author Topic: Bay12's Desktops  (Read 372962 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Bay12's Desktops
« Reply #2025 on: November 17, 2011, 12:03:51 pm »

Windows XP...okay.

Windows Media Player...Ew, people still use that?

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: November 17, 2011, 01:26:41 pm »

C'mon. Don't tell me I'm the only one who still uses only Internet Explorer.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: November 17, 2011, 01:37:25 pm »

Are you asking as in 'only uses IE normally', or 'Uses IE at work/school because its the only one there, doesn't usually'?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 17, 2011, 01:38:25 pm »

IE ALL the time!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: November 17, 2011, 01:42:59 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: November 17, 2011, 05:03:27 pm »

Turtleburgers are the best!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*...(immature snicker at the laptop's battery level)...*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: November 17, 2011, 05:26:35 pm »

That turtle was fucking delicious!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: November 17, 2011, 08:10:36 pm »

Turtleburgers are the best!
*snip*
*...(immature snicker at the laptop's battery level)...*
Er, I do hope your display is just borked (or you tried to be clever in hiding your internal IP, which is completely useless anyway as we'd have to have physical access to your network), as attempting to use the loopback IP is a bad idea :P

My own, linked once again because if you have a display large enough to see this in your browser window without scaling, screw you. :B
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2941534/Misc/Widescreen/JayNewDesktopTest6.jpg

Yes, those tabs on the bottom pop out as their names suggest.
The backgrounds are each separately shuffled out of a 295-strong pool of 1080p wallpapers.  I gave up on cross-screen-cohesion, as good-looking 3840x1080 wallpapers are almost impossible to find, and I like to have a rotation :P
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: November 17, 2011, 11:14:12 pm »

Er, I do hope your display is just borked (or you tried to be clever in hiding your internal IP, which is completely useless anyway as we'd have to have physical access to your network)
Unless they are connected straight to their ISP without a router...

I mean...
IE ALL the time!
... it wouldn't surprise me. ;)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: November 17, 2011, 11:28:58 pm »

Er, I do hope your display is just borked (or you tried to be clever in hiding your internal IP, which is completely useless anyway as we'd have to have physical access to your network)

I mean...
IE ALL the time!
No.  I'll try to keep this concise, but 127.0.0.1 is literally impossible in this circumstance. It's the loopback address. If your LAN IP were to be set to 127.0.0.1, you would not be on a network.  You would not be on the internet.  You would be a single computer, despite the fact that you'd still have a physical connection.  That's mainly the reason that you CAN'T set your IP to 127.0.0.1 in any modern OS.  Without a router, your LAN IP is identical to the WAN IP.  Under a router, it is whatever your local IP is, which absolutely cannot be 127.0.0.1 under ANY circumstances.

EDIT: I should say, the only exception to that WAN = LAN idea would be when you're just a node on a small area network, perhaps such as an apartment complex or so.  I have no experience with that, and can't say I'd recommend being in that circumstance, but it's possible I guess.
EDIT2: And I guess some ISPs might do the same thing to cut on the costs of owning public IP blocks. I can't say I know of any, but it's plausible.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:32:45 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: November 18, 2011, 01:17:56 am »

's been a while, here's mine:
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: November 18, 2011, 09:31:04 am »

I mean...
IE ALL the time!
No.  I'll try to keep this concise, but 127.0.0.1 is literally impossible in this circumstance. It's the loopback address. If your LAN IP were to be set to 127.0.0.1, you would not be on a network.  You would not be on the internet.  You would be a single computer, despite the fact that you'd still have a physical connection.  That's mainly the reason that you CAN'T set your IP to 127.0.0.1 in any modern OS.  Without a router, your LAN IP is identical to the WAN IP.  Under a router, it is whatever your local IP is, which absolutely cannot be 127.0.0.1 under ANY circumstances.

EDIT: I should say, the only exception to that WAN = LAN idea would be when you're just a node on a small area network, perhaps such as an apartment complex or so.  I have no experience with that, and can't say I'd recommend being in that circumstance, but it's possible I guess.
EDIT2: And I guess some ISPs might do the same thing to cut on the costs of owning public IP blocks. I can't say I know of any, but it's plausible.
I know how LAN/WANs work... the part I thought you were pointing out is the blank "WAN" labeled address.  (You know that the OS doesn't define what a WAN and LAN is, right?  It's inconsequential to the operating system what it's called.)  That's done in whatever skin they have.  If they told the skin to use loopback address for the LAN field, it could be showing that.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: November 18, 2011, 09:54:44 am »

Here's my wallpaper. I, uh... I...

have a mac...
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: November 18, 2011, 10:03:28 am »

Wh-what was that? Couldn't hear you there.

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: November 18, 2011, 11:27:56 am »

My empty desktop is empty. Just the default gray of X, no clutter in the form of wallpapers, icons, panels, docks, sidebars, system monitors, social media thingies or breakdancing kittens.
Ironically, I spent a lot of time on my UI until I was happy with it.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 251