Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 291258 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2017, 10:24:27 pm »

Is training cybernetic hounds to hunt for these troublemakers and option we can put on the table?

And also I personally watch both the EOL and the Tvtropes Addendum for it : http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustForFun/TVTropesAdditionalEvilOverlordVows?from=Main.TVTropesAdditionalEvilOverlordVows

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2017, 11:08:04 am »

I say we use psycho surgery with mechanized armor to make a youth legion. Heros can deal with killing animals, undead and robots. But people, especially young ones?

Throws off their game. -An attempt to make space marines/ skiitrai in a even more horrifying manner.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2017, 01:11:33 pm »

I say we use psycho surgery with mechanized armor to make a youth legion. Heros can deal with killing animals, undead and robots. But people, especially young ones?

Throws off their game. -An attempt to make space marines/ skiitrai in a even more horrifying manner.

This, right here, we shouldn't modify their cute little faces though, might undercut the sympathy card and make them less effective and less horrifying.

The only problem I can see with this is that if the general populace thinks that we're going to turn their children into monsters at any seconds notice, then that might start some rebellions on the town in this easy as it is to quash some of these things would be preferable not to start them in the first place.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2017, 01:22:32 pm »

What about implementing some Identification system that required renewal three times a year to pass between major settlements, surely that would give our opponents some difficulty as long as we can discourage the citizenry from helping them...

Perhaps we should put some bounties on their heads? And offer to publicly execute anyone who assistants them, by say impalment?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2017, 08:07:08 pm »

Do we have DNA-coded triggers yet?
If we don't I recommend we invent those before we make handheld superweapons.

DNA is kinda hard as it requires a scraping of flesh and some time. I'll do biometrics in general.

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

We do have fingerprints and DNA scanners, but they are too bulky and slow to be used in firearms.

We do mount them on all doors, however, including armory ones.

Is training cybernetic hounds to hunt for these troublemakers and option we can put on the table?

Fair idea.

We've been using dogs in cruel neural experiments for so long, it's high time they saw the benefits.

New techniques for biochemical interfaces and cerebral manipulation let us grant critical thinking and consciousness to dogs, elevating them to around the level of sentience and intelligence of a 6-year-old child.

They are now able to operate in their own units, making decisions without any input from human handlers. They retained their immense loyalty, sensory prowess, and keen instincts, making them almost impossible to evade, bribe, or delude.

By far the biggest success so far.

Firstly, -1 political for suggesting such a thing. Secondly...

Some children are quietly secreted away and enhanced with various biological techniques. They are given faster movement, better instincts, power suits integrated to their bodies… basically the Spartans from Halo. What’s left is a genetically augmented, cybernetically engaged hunk of flesh and metal, capable of incredible agility as well as extreme strength. Plus, we have psychological conditioning and neural interfaces to make it literally impossible for them to defect.

This is done with a minimum of fuss, but there are bound to be some sore parents searching for answers out there.

What about implementing some Identification system that required renewal three times a year to pass between major settlements, surely that would give our opponents some difficulty as long as we can discourage the citizenry from helping them...

Perhaps we should put some bounties on their heads? And offer to publicly execute anyone who assistants them, by say impalment?

Done.

Seriously. No roll. You just walk out, state these changes, then it's over.

I’m coming up with the next bit of plot as you read. Suggest more ideas, or come up with ways to remedy the problems with these. I’d encourage you to focus on the andantesite itself.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:47:51 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2017, 08:23:55 pm »

We should work on propaganda, bribe some religious cults into slowly spreading our emperor image as a god-chosen (We can make some technology/drug on water system to make people more religious and easy to control, give huge amounts to religious leaders so it make easier to convince them)

If this work later we can slowly convince that we adopt indigo children as angels on earth to aid our emperor, we can even give some of them gold colored armor to deal with the public giving basic goods for tax-payers to survive.

This is a long-term goal, sure, make people unaware of their surroundings, give bunch of circus and see us as saviors.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2017, 08:33:07 pm »

We should work on propaganda, bribe some religious cults into slowly spreading our emperor image as a god-chosen (We can make some technology/drug on water system to make people more religious and easy to control, give huge amounts to religious leaders so it make easier to convince them)

If this work later we can slowly convince that we adopt indigo children as angels on earth to aid our emperor, we can even give some of them gold colored armor to deal with the public giving basic goods for tax-payers to survive.

This is a long-term goal, sure, make people unaware of their surroundings, give bunch of circus and see us as saviors.

You were given the choice of "deluded public, hidden control" as weapon. We're pretty firmly in technocracy territory now. Most people know they're being overlorded, they just don't care or can't rebel. It's not realistic that we could brain that knowledge from people, even in a generation or two.

Changing over to full-on Orwellian is kinda too big, and will require a vote. Anyone else interested in this?
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2017, 08:48:07 pm »

I kind of just like "...meh that could have been handled better..." what we did with the children I would've preferred creating some voluntary youth legions or at least making it seem like it came with societal prestige, or at absolute minimum having something along the lines of https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_Youth .

I'm not interested in going full Orwellian it won't work properly without other massive countries working to fund the delusion and we only control half the world right now,  and I assume that there are at least a few other nations on the scope that are actively hostile towards our interests.

Besides our government is anything but subtle  The way it's presented itself, I prefer trying to get the public to believe that we are at least in a twisted matter working towards the greater good, that would at least convince some people to form some sort of grassroots organizations in support of the empire, like the USSR was able to manage in Africa and Latin America.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2017, 08:48:45 pm »

We're the scientist, remember? Not Overlord Kerman. And besides, religion only fits with science when you're in WH40K.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2017, 09:06:13 pm »

No 1984. We did enough to those poor people enough.  And yeah the God Emperor WAS a scientist first and foremost in warhammer 40k. Which gave me idea for our youth legion.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2017, 09:27:32 pm »

I kind of just like "...meh that could have been handled better..." what we did with the children I would've preferred creating some voluntary youth legions or at least making it seem like it came with societal prestige, or at absolute minimum having something along the lines of https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_Youth .

I'm not interested in going full Orwellian it won't work properly without other massive countries working to fund the delusion and we only control half the world right now,  and I assume that there are at least a few other nations on the scope that are actively hostile towards our interests.

Besides our government is anything but subtle  The way it's presented itself, I prefer trying to get the public to believe that we are at least in a twisted matter working towards the greater good, that would at least convince some people to form some sort of grassroots organizations in support of the empire, like the USSR was able to manage in Africa and Latin America.

The way you and others put it, the children were to be horribly and surgically modified. Nobody would submit to that willingly, so we found... unwilling volunteers.

Other countries don't know you exist. Your farthest colonies are barely at the Mediterranean.

And the public does believe that the Republic is working towards the greater good. Why? Because it is working for the greater good! For most of these tiny poor countries, the Southerners were the best thing to happen to them! Electricity, running water, half decent sewage... Of course, the nobility sees everyone else as pawns at best and trash at worst and they show it with random acts of hatred, but those are easy enough to cover up.

We're the scientist, remember? Not Overlord Kerman. And besides, religion only fits with science when you're in WH40K.

This.

Although the "who we are" doesn't really matter at this point, the players kinda make up an omnipresent "voice of the empire".

But the WH40K thing is true.

Continue!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2017, 10:01:11 pm »

I think aside rebel crushing and would be conquering, we should devote our time to making the people's lives a little bit better. Next free time anyway.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2017, 10:35:41 pm »

Agreed, Kim Jong in might keep people oppressed by making them belive that not starving is the best the world can get, but bread and circuses(especially combined with pacifying drugs) can also help immensely

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2017, 08:04:11 am »

I think aside rebel crushing and would be conquering, we should devote our time to making the people's lives a little bit better. Next free time anyway.

We kind of do! The government does plenty to help the people. It's a fairly effective government, and we're a fairly civilized society. Imagine 19th Century England, less slums, more nobles.

Public approval of the government is extreme. There are those that feel something wrong with one man having all the power, but they realize that there's no reason to do anything about it. The rebels are generally regarded as terrorists and/or madmen.

Anything in particular that improves upon this state... can be said specifically.

In any rate, the time for preparation is up.

You get reports of a break-in at a museum a good ways up the coast from the incident with the governor. Someone apparently beat up all the guards on one side, blasted a hole in the wall, and is still there. The museum is a preserved ancient ruin from one of the previous Empires to conquer this continent.

What do you do?

(By the way, "reports" from the continent are sent to the Military Base in the central mountains, where they are fed into Erin's Oracle (the wormhole) down to Central Command in Antarctica. Recall that the wormhole is hundreds of meters in length and blocks electromagnetic radiation; this basically means that reports are encoded into someone yanking a string from back and forth on one end. It's slow, but works.)

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:48:16 pm by blueturtle1134 »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2017, 10:08:13 am »

1. Get info
a) Is the incident related to the governor case or just another one? (probably we will only discover after solving the problem)
b) What else is rumored to be in the museum, weapons? Magical shit from other worlds? Maps of an old sewer that may help the rebels sneak past us? Or just something to demoralize us?

2. Secure and lock
A) close all ground-level exits, no one come near, there is a madman there trying to erase history that we have to deal before he hurts innocent people (and this way we can screw him with our more unethical ways without someone noticing)
B) Survey the area, any tunnel or sewer entrance that we can close/send our troops in a surprise attack?

3) attempt to *cough* negotiate *cough*
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 203