Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561644 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Chainsaw hat
« Reply #4725 on: January 24, 2016, 04:34:38 pm »

Golden showers everyday

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: January 25, 2016, 01:20:14 pm »

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: January 25, 2016, 06:23:51 pm »

An investigation into Planned Parenthood took a bizarre twist on Monday after a grand jury brought charges against the pair of individuals claiming to expose the group instead.

A grand jury in Houston, Texas announced criminal charges against a pair of anti-abortion activists, David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt, for their roles in creating now-viral videos attacking Planned Parenthood, according to multiple local reports.

The jurors had spent two months reviewing undercover footage produced by Daleiden’s group, the Center for Medical Progress, at the request of Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R). 

There are more details and I'd have pasted more but the tab just closed on me. Phone probably ran out of memory to hold all the advertisements on the page or something.  ::)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: January 25, 2016, 06:30:50 pm »

Phone browsers can equip adblockers, saves you a bit of trouble trying to load all that crap on your teeny tiny screen and not so small memory.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: January 25, 2016, 06:35:57 pm »

An investigation into Planned Parenthood took a bizarre twist on Monday after a grand jury brought charges against the pair of individuals claiming to expose the group instead.

A grand jury in Houston, Texas announced criminal charges against a pair of anti-abortion activists, David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt, for their roles in creating now-viral videos attacking Planned Parenthood, according to multiple local reports.

The jurors had spent two months reviewing undercover footage produced by Daleiden’s group, the Center for Medical Progress, at the request of Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R). 

There are more details and I'd have pasted more but the tab just closed on me. Phone probably ran out of memory to hold all the advertisements on the page or something.  ::)
So if I got it right, the court didn't find that the clinics were doing anything wrong, but the people who made the video got in trouble for trying to buy illegal goods?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: January 25, 2016, 06:37:37 pm »

No.  The clinics weren't doing anything wrong, but the charges were not like that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: January 25, 2016, 06:39:18 pm »

So what does “prohibition of the purchase and sale of human organs.” mean?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: January 25, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »

So what does “prohibition of the purchase and sale of human organs.” mean?
I'd imagine it means that you can neither buy or sell human organs, which I wouldn't object to.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: January 25, 2016, 06:45:23 pm »

Did you read the article?

That's, apparently, the illegal thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: January 25, 2016, 06:48:43 pm »

Did you read the article?

That's, apparently, the illegal thing.
Yes I read the article. The only thing I could take away from that phrase is that the people who made the video got in trouble for trying to solicit the sale of organs from the doctors. But you seem to think it's something else entirely without explaining what that is.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: January 25, 2016, 06:50:03 pm »

I was talking to BHK.

Yeah, I don't get what it is either.

I think it's that they're being indicted for interfering with the sale or something.

Instead, Daleiden was indicted for “prohibition of the purchase and sale of human organs.” He and Merritt were both indicted for “tampering with a governmental record.”
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:52:01 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: January 25, 2016, 07:18:12 pm »

I was talking to BHK.

Yeah, I don't get what it is either.

I think it's that they're being indicted for interfering with the sale or something.

Instead, Daleiden was indicted for “prohibition of the purchase and sale of human organs.” He and Merritt were both indicted for “tampering with a governmental record.”
I was unaware we were talking about an article.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: January 25, 2016, 07:21:18 pm »

@BHK:See Shadiwlord's post.
Sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: January 25, 2016, 08:19:56 pm »

That article links to another, which explains the likely reasons behind that charge:

Secret videographers David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt were both indicted on charges of tampering with a governmental record, a second-degree felony that carries a punishment of up to 20 years in prison. Daleiden received an additional misdemeanor indictment under the law prohibiting the purchase and sale of human organs.

The second indictment for Daleiden suggests that the grand jury found that he went too far in trying to get Planned Parenthood to admit to selling tissue. The crime, a class A misdemeanor is committed if a person intentionally offers to buy or offers to sell a human organ, including fetal tissue. If convicted, the maximum punishment is a year in jail.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: January 25, 2016, 09:37:58 pm »

Huh?
I don't get it.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 879