Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561860 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 5678 luaghs and counting
« Reply #5715 on: May 18, 2016, 04:59:20 pm »

It's not exactly a new concept. I mean, that's why governments would use massive public works programs during economic downturns, and combined with state housing it amounts to the same great thing, 100% less Nazi flavor.

But that's Communism!
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: May 18, 2016, 06:28:39 pm »

COMMIE SCUM!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: May 18, 2016, 08:26:11 pm »

Even worse. Communist Heretics.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5718 on: May 18, 2016, 08:31:25 pm »

ALL HAIL SOCDEM GODS
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: May 18, 2016, 09:19:36 pm »

PRAISE BERNIE?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5720 on: May 18, 2016, 09:24:27 pm »

Needs more authoritarianism.

E: Also, I just had someone tell me that "You can't have a welfare state and economic liberalism". I had a good chortle.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 10:10:03 pm by Orange Wizard »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: May 18, 2016, 10:30:50 pm »

I have seen a lot of Gang Beast videos by a lot of different youtubers, but I have never laughed as much as I did at this one.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: May 19, 2016, 12:00:15 am »

But it's science Chanel, it's supposed to be solid facts not some "oh well the free masons must have done this hur de Dur Dur"...

Science Chanel sounds like one hell of a perfume/eau de toilette/whatever category of scent/perfume it would fall into someone please help me out here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5723 on: May 19, 2016, 12:46:36 am »

But it's science Chanel, it's supposed to be solid facts not some "oh well the free masons must have done this hur de Dur Dur"...
And the History Channel is supposed to be about history, but we still get the one guy going all "THIS IS CLEARLY EVIDENCE OF AAAAALLLLIIIIEEEENNNNSSSS"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: May 19, 2016, 06:08:12 am »

I maintain that's the best comedy show the History channel has ever run. They jump from unconnected conspiracy theory to unconnected conspiracy theory faster than you can say "confirmation bias"; one second they're talking about how ancient cultures having golden hats is proof that they communed with aliens, the next they're talking about how Moses clearly moved the oceans because ALIENS. Whenever they interview somebody who doesn't get regularly lampooned by their peers, you can practically taste the coal dust from the quote mining. Add to this that in recent years, they've run out of unoriginal topics (religion, Nazis, Illuminati) and moved on to things like "Aliens in the [American] Civil War" and "Aliens in the Old West" and it's a perfectly balanced meal of lunacy.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: May 19, 2016, 06:16:47 am »

It's not exactly a new concept. I mean, that's why governments would use massive public works programs during economic downturns, and combined with state housing it amounts to the same great thing, 100% less Nazi flavor.

But that's Communism!
Well, I didn't say it wouldn't. But to be a bit more serious, Communism has had by far a longer pedigree of murder-happy labor camps than Nazis ever did.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: May 19, 2016, 07:04:31 am »

I have a new sport.
http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/index.htm
Watch forumites and assign stereotypes to them.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: May 19, 2016, 07:16:00 am »

But that's Communism!
Well, I didn't say it wouldn't. But to be a bit more serious, Communism has had by far a longer pedigree of murder-happy labor camps than Nazis ever did.
Well duh, it had existed for a longer time.
And "by far longer pedigree" in this case means "Uhhh... like twenty years or so?" Which is somewhat unimpressive, as far as comparing pedigrees goes.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: May 19, 2016, 09:08:25 am »

They inherited the entire system that had been in place for ages before the revolution, they just threw a new coat of paint over and continued as before.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: May 19, 2016, 01:00:56 pm »

Been spending pretty much all day in a coffee shop and overhearing a whole lot of Millenial conversations.

Can I just say y'all are adorable? In a "Really? You think no one ever had that idea/complaint/problem before in the history of mankind? Aren't you so special..." kind of way.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 879