Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561773 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 7037 laghs and counting
« Reply #7305 on: March 27, 2017, 12:49:47 am »

I'd be more sad, except that "beginner" was actually well-balanced.  The higher difficulties involved exploiting a lot of AI behavior and other "mechanics" that made no sense, not to mention constant income through factories and micro.

The game was exceptionally replayable anyway.  Still would be, except that battlescape interface is pretty frustrating (in the original, rather than openXCOM).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: March 27, 2017, 01:32:27 am »

Wasn't there also a bug in vanilla that would cause blaster bombs, or something similar, to magically turn everything it exploded into tree stumps?

This is actually a bug with one of the tilesets. The mountain one specifically, the damaged terrain graphic for almost all the mountain tiles is accidentally set to a stump.

Really with all the stupid bugs there's really no reason not to use openxcom now. (Plus then you can play xPirates, which is 100x more fun anyway)
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: March 27, 2017, 02:46:57 am »

I would never play x-com without openxcom again. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner, everything is so much better for so little setup.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: March 27, 2017, 07:22:47 am »

And I would never play openxcom without xpiratez now. Oh, what I would give for a modern game with the same amount of content, flavor and variety.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: March 27, 2017, 04:15:12 pm »

Saw a business advertising sign today that was scrolling the words "can someone please fix our sign?"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: March 27, 2017, 04:25:21 pm »

Saw a business advertising sign today that was scrolling the words "can someone please fix our sign?"
Ahahahaha...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: March 28, 2017, 01:38:11 am »

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:45:12 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: March 28, 2017, 03:13:01 am »

A mix of WTF and laff:
In R:TW, I attacked Gaul army which was marching towards one of my poorly defended towns and decided to harass them with slingers. After killing some people, the Gauls decided to flee from the battle. They should attack my slingers next time instead of standing still.

Is Imgur broken at the moment? I can't upload my screenshot.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: March 28, 2017, 03:28:18 am »

They're French - of course they were too cowardly to attack and fled.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: March 28, 2017, 03:56:16 am »

I've no problem beating the shit out of ancestors of frog-eating surrender monkeys, but Germans with their Spearmen Warband made my butt itch quite a few times. They're insanely hard to break without extensive flanking/general execution.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: March 28, 2017, 08:02:55 am »

I've no problem beating the shit out of ancestors of frog-eating surrender monkeys, but Germans with their Spearmen Warband made my butt itch quite a few times. They're insanely hard to break without extensive flanking/general execution.

Just wait until you get to the Dacians and Thracians. Horse archers hell with a side of falx armageddon.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: March 28, 2017, 11:23:38 am »

Seconded.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: March 28, 2017, 11:50:28 am »

Just wait until you get to the Dacians and Thracians. Horse archers hell with a side of falx armageddon.

This is why the descendants of Scipio are so Superior. All I had to fight was weak ass armor lacking Infantry and extremely weak horse skirmishers. And then the Egyptians with their weird Mummy Returns style Army. I literally once defeated three full stack Egyptian armies with an army of 15 units of equites and two Roman generals. It was chaotic but awesome.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: March 28, 2017, 05:33:07 pm »

From today's Breath of the Wild Game Grumps episode:

Arin: "I caught a few episodes [of Hannibal] and it seems like one of those shows where the people watching want all the characters to fuck eachother."
Danny: "Oh. So, you mean any show?"
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 879