Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6913 6914 [6915] 6916 6917 ... 10988

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13443801 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103710 on: June 06, 2016, 07:38:30 am »

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:32:55 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #103711 on: June 06, 2016, 07:39:22 am »

... within ~40 minutes, the same load of clothes will have been washed for the fourth time in the span of <24 hours. It should have been once! But no, someone decided putting pissed on clothes in during the last ~five minutes of a wash cycle was a good idea. It could have been twice, but go figure, washing pissed on clothes with a set of mostly clean ones still leaves a smell after they dry. It would have only been three times, except the person I explicitly told to wait (and that I was waiting) until the morning to wash the things (because I wasn't staying up till midnight to dry them, and they end up smelling sour if left in wet overnight before drying), went ahead and soaked 'em before they went to sleep to let them start to goddamn mildew instead.

This cannot be good for my clothes :-\

Also we're now out of washing detergent. Going shopping in a few hours and'll be able to pick more up, but bloody hell. How in the name of the nonexistent gods do people turn washing bloody clothes into a friggin' clusterfuck? I could understand back in the heyday when this stuff was a lot of work and effort, but this is literally pressing some buttons and not being bloody stupid, and it's somehow turned out poorly!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103712 on: June 06, 2016, 07:46:14 am »

Apparently my old forum game was mentioned two years ago by escaped lurker as a good example for pixel ISG environment. Despite it being, y'know, me being a lazy tool.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103713 on: June 06, 2016, 08:40:27 am »

@Truean: The first one almost sounds a little like the community college I worked for; the one that has a very thinly-cloaked policy of discrimination against men. I wouldn't be surprised if it was bad as well.

The second one, first of all, is from the New York Post, a conservative mouth-breather-piece. Secondly, it's... kinda spot-on actually. Unless you're under an employment contract, you can, for the most part, quit whenever you damn well please and your employer can terminate you for just about anything, including nothing. In most cases the employer is generally unwilling to fire employees out of hand; after all, they have to have employees to make money, and it usually costs more money to find, hire, and train shiny new asskissers than it is to correct problems with existing employees. The example given the article, the grad student being hired before informing her employer she's going back to school is an interesting case. Even though the author is clearly an idiot(September is already fall), that actually was a dick move on the employee's part, not employer, but the choice of response given by the author is good, let her stay on if she's actually good at her job, dump her if not - there's little time to try and improve if she's not.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103714 on: June 06, 2016, 08:44:53 am »

Apparently my old forum game was mentioned two years ago by escaped lurker as a good example for pixel ISG environment. Despite it being, y'know, me being a lazy tool.
It doesn't look like you were being a lazy tool from what I saw of it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103715 on: June 06, 2016, 08:45:06 am »

@Truean: The first one almost sounds a little like the community college I worked for; the one that has a very thinly-cloaked policy of discrimination against men. I wouldn't be surprised if it was bad as well.

The second one, first of all, is from the New York Post, a conservative mouth-breather-piece. Secondly, it's... kinda spot-on actually. Unless you're under an employment contract, you can, for the most part, quit whenever you damn well please and your employer can terminate you for just about anything, including nothing. In most cases the employer is generally unwilling to fire employees out of hand; after all, they have to have employees to make money, and it usually costs more money to find, hire, and train shiny new asskissers than it is to correct problems with existing employees. The example given the article, the grad student being hired before informing her employer she's going back to school is an interesting case. Even though the author is clearly an idiot(September is already fall), that actually was a dick move on the employee's part, not employer, but the choice of response given by the author is good, let her stay on if she's actually good at her job, dump her if not - there's little time to try and improve if she's not.
't ain't that much of a dick move. Assistant could've decided not to give two months notice, which is more than enough time to find a replacement.

No, a dick move would be to work for someone and not tell them your work visa was expiring, and then disappear from the country before they found out. Which is something that happened twice at my previous job, much to my amusement.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103716 on: June 06, 2016, 08:46:59 am »

I think sometimes you're obligated to give notice?  But that'd be a contract thing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103717 on: June 06, 2016, 08:51:51 am »

Usually a contract thing. Doesn't mean you have to give it though, depending on how you want that bridge burned.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103718 on: June 06, 2016, 08:52:40 am »

Usually a contract thing. Doesn't mean you have to give it though, depending on how you want that bridge burned.
Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #103719 on: June 06, 2016, 08:58:05 am »

't ain't that much of a dick move. Assistant could've decided not to give two months notice, which is more than enough time to find a replacement.

No, a dick move would be to work for someone and not tell them your work visa was expiring, and then disappear from the country before they found out. Which is something that happened twice at my previous job, much to my amusement.

Yes, and I agree with the columnist saying it was at will so the employer can shut up. That boss wants undying loyalty from employees but wouldn't give them any security. He flat out said the assistant wouldn't have been hired if she said she was even considering school.

So to review: "Become awesome by going to school and paying for it yourself by getting a job, but even an assistant job won't hire you if you go do." <-- unreasonable. So get a job and improve yourself and these things being made impossible shouldn't stop you right?

Same deal with the first boss. They specifically asked for a 360 review and for honest feedback. They got it and lo and behold it was honest and they didn't like it. Careful what you wish for. You just might get it. "Shouldn’t I be able to have a staff that supports me? " That depends, are you supportable, because it sounds like this might be one of those "bad bosses" that certainly don't exist.... What this boss really wanted was his butt kissed some more under the guise of being "legitimate." That's sad.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #103721 on: June 06, 2016, 02:35:29 pm »

Idunno if there's an active thread that would be more relevant, but this is a WTF and I wouldn't want to derail an existing thread with something that might be obvious.

Why do people like Captain America!? He is such a self-righteous fratboy tool.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 02:39:17 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103722 on: June 06, 2016, 03:40:21 pm »

Who made this

why
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103723 on: June 06, 2016, 03:46:11 pm »

Sollux Captor I assume.
Does it really matter, it's beautiful!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #103724 on: June 06, 2016, 03:46:54 pm »

Idunno if there's an active thread that would be more relevant, but this is a WTF and I wouldn't want to derail an existing thread with something that might be obvious.

Why do people like Captain America!? He is such a self-righteous fratboy tool.

Civil war is half of an Iron Man movie.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 6913 6914 [6915] 6916 6917 ... 10988