Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 665602 times)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-16
« Reply #1545 on: March 08, 2013, 02:35:09 am »

That list suggests that there is a 'detect undead' spell which probably isn't a Necromancy spell, so we could pass off many uses of our Sense Necromancy ability as this spell. This also means that there is less risk if we do decide to confront Eko about the zombie in the basement. One other thing: does the zombie look different to our Necromantic Sight as compared to the zombies we encountered near the forest?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1546 on: March 08, 2013, 06:28:33 am »

I don't think zombies have memory. Not unless the necromancer who created them used alter golem or something similar (alter flesh?) to give them one. I remember we experimented a while back with giving zombies complex or conditional orders and they couldn't follow them. So if they're not smart enough to perform complex or conditional orders, they're probably not smart enough to remember more than a few minutes of their past. Then again, it doesn't hurt to try.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: March 08, 2013, 11:28:25 am »

Just because it can't follow complex orders doesn't mean it can't store them in it's brain.

And even if it can't remember anything AFTER zombie-time, it might be able to recall stuff that it had in it's brain before death.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: March 08, 2013, 11:59:52 am »

We might as well see if we can check if we can access any part of it's memory, even if it is before death.

I agree with thinking that the zombies are not diseased based, like in the movies, but are raised by magic and therefore do not make zombies by biting someone. Sure they would have the typical nasty germs and whatnot in their rotting mouths but nothing that would make a zombie. Still, best not to take chances anyway, disease is still disease.

Also, why don't we ask Omo what he thinks we could do? He might have something different in mind that might work.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: March 08, 2013, 11:43:23 pm »

Chances are that if we can look into the zombies memory we might only be able to see his memory from when he was alive if zombies can't make memories
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Explode_Toad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: March 16, 2013, 02:06:58 am »

My guess would be he was experimenting to see the effects the various acts had on it.  Necromancers were a thing of history and legend until a few months ago so it reasons that he would really have never encountered things like the undead.  He probably wanted to see how effective it would be to kill or fend of the zombie using the various spells and weapons since it is his job to help protect the town.

Seeing if there was any memory may be beyond what we can do (also, don't the memories no longer exist if the person's brain is dead?).  Regardless, we may just want to leave Rotty McBrainmuncher down here without messing with it too much.  Experimenting with our powers with Omo right behind us in the middle of a human village may not be the best idea.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:10:22 am by Explode_Toad »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: March 16, 2013, 03:41:21 am »

It seems odd that it needs to be hidden. I would have thought that testing the wards would be pretty easy to justify considering that the whole village is relying upon the wards. Unless they are tryong to keep the failure of the wards secret from the villagers...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: March 16, 2013, 08:02:06 am »

Pasting to walk
I PTW anything that seems interesting

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 16, 2013, 08:21:10 am »

The wards have failed in the past. That must be the problem he's trying to deal with.
Also, was I the only person who thought "holy s**t we're in Warhammer fantasy roleplay" when Omo mentioned casting a "spear" spell?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: March 21, 2013, 09:55:22 pm »

Let's talk to our friendly priest about this, we can excuse the use of necromancy as elf magic for dealing with the undead since based of current data, they have never seen necromancy before and therefore can't tell anything past raising the dead as such.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 21, 2013, 10:35:52 pm »

If we even talk to him at all, tell him nothing about our using magic at all. Just say we smelt something nasty downstairs and went to check it out and if he questions us, tell him elf noses are more sensitive than human noses. That way he won't be able to call us out.

Nunzillor

« Reply #1556 on: April 07, 2013, 02:22:44 am »

Leave a note upstairs thanking the priest for his hospitality, and saying that we have left to continue our journey.  Then, hide in the basement and wait to see what he does to the zombie.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: April 07, 2013, 02:30:27 am »

Honestly? I'm all over just ignoring the zombie. We know he has a zombie and that he isn't using it for anything nefarious, so we do not care he has a zombie. Bringing it up would be awkward and cause trouble. Let's focus on the forest.

E: And it would be really hypocritical for us of all people to call someone out on doing experiments on the undead.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:37:42 am by Grek »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1558 on: April 07, 2013, 06:43:20 am »

I just realized I hadn't posted a suggestion, so I say, we have already violated the man's privacy and hospitality. So, let's go all the way and search the only room we haven't searched: his office. There's bound to be some info hidden there. Maybe a note hidden in the bookcase or a diary under a drawer in his desk. Or maybe just some books on Order magic and ways to fight against necromancers. Whatever gives us some extra info.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: April 07, 2013, 07:40:05 am »

Honestly? I'm all over just ignoring the zombie. We know he has a zombie and that he isn't using it for anything nefarious, so we do not care he has a zombie. Bringing it up would be awkward and cause trouble. Let's focus on the forest.

E: And it would be really hypocritical for us of all people to call someone out on doing experiments on the undead.
I forget whatever commentary I may have made, but this seems reasonable, what are we to do about the forest? It would be nice to retrieve the souls that have been taken, if for no other reason than to determine how to interact with them, although explaining how we would be able to catch souls could be difficult. Ideally we would construct some form of prison to contain the entity that attacked us in the forest, which for all we know is one of the souls that was taken... Perhaps we could try to form a cage of necromantic magic, which is presumably capable of interacting with the unfriendly forest occupant. Or we could practise trying to grab hold of Omo's soul, but I don't think Omo is yet ready for our relationship to reach that point...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 155