Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1799830 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.31.25 Phoebus/ASCII
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2012, 06:52:02 pm »

Ok, i just tested this: Removed COMMON_ from all tallow, see if that fixes the muscle issue. UNTESTED

Butcher an animal = Get standart FAT   Check, Works.
Render Fat in Kitchen = Get PIG??? Tallow    Check, works in a way. (I butchered a cow and a dog)
Make Ash, Lye, Buckets, and so on for the soapmaking    Check, works
Make soap with tallow    Check, works.
The finished soap product = Pig muscle. wtf ?

I have to play around with the raws a bit more. But at least i got closer, before the change i couldnt even get tallow. ^^

EDIT:Ok, now i have generic FAT, will alwys be turned into PIG tallow, and then pig soap. At least I now have soap. Next step: generic tallow and soap
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:11:50 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2012, 07:17:20 pm »

So I take it you modded the Default MAKE_SOAP_FROM_TALLOW reaction? I haven't done an entire material simplify. But I have done pointers, If you still have trouble I'm willing to help you with the issue.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2012, 07:40:12 pm »

No, I changed the material, not the reaction. I changed fat, tallow and soap. Then realized, that if I already have generic fat, all tallow and soap will be generic as well, so took these changes out again. Problem is, that my generic fat will be rendered into PIG tallow. I have no explanation for that, yet. It seems that DF cant find a local_creature_mat and then just decided to chose pigs for that. I will fiddle around some more.

Do you now about the FB modding that works the same way? You take away the standart body/material that a FB would use, and the program immediatly choses a creature, alphabetically from your raws, and models the FB after that... some guy got it to work, other in the thread did not... but nevertheless interesting.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2012, 08:13:27 pm »

I don't know if this is resolved or what but in arena mode, there are a couple of creatures with the name 'nothing'. I tried placing them but it promptly crashed my game. It doesn't do any harm, but just letting you know.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2012, 08:25:09 pm »

Yeah I know about them. They should only appear in arena mode, since nothing in fortress could spawn them, since they have no name... I'd like to fix/remove it, but I cant find out which file it is, the errorlog shows nothing, and the name of the creatures is missing... to find them in all the raws will be a load of fun.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2012, 08:32:02 pm »

Well the MAKE_SOAP_FROM_TALLOW takes the tallows material. You could try just forcing the soap making reaction to make a certain type of soap to stop this "Random" selection :P

And the "nothing" is because a creature is missing the [NAME] tag. No big deal really, I've done taht by accident a few times. Castes still have names but they are referred to as 'Nothing'

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2012, 10:48:54 pm »

Muhaha... I knew it wasnt me:
creature_veok
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is the reason for the 3x nothing in arena mode. The 3 fake, nonexisting template creatures to make the 3 leather types from. Automaticaly added by Veok Standarized Leather mod. :) And they do have a name, it must be something else that accounts for the nothing, like no body... Anyway, now I am sure that it will never affect Fortress Mode. Mystery solved. :D

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2012, 10:56:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the "nothing" will go away if you give them

Code: [Select]
[CASTE_NAME:animal:animals:animal]
etc

Even though they don't have more than one caste, it requires a designated caste name to work properly, I suppose. Can be seen under several single-casted vanilla creatures, like mules or harpies.

It might be a good idea to give the leather "animals" the basic tokens to make them not crash when spawned, by the way, even if it's just copied from a dog or something and has a description that says what it's used for. Just for those of us that enjoy poking around in arena mode. (Afterthought - [DOES_NOT_EXIST] may be enough, actually, but then you may not be able to get their leather.)

Oh, and it's nice to see your work on this! It's encouraging me to start actually trying to flesh out my own stuff, if nothing else.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2012, 11:20:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the "nothing" will go away if you give them

Code: [Select]
[CASTE_NAME:animal:animals:animal]
etc

Even though they don't have more than one caste, it requires a designated caste name to work properly, I suppose. Can be seen under several single-casted vanilla creatures, like mules or harpies.

It might be a good idea to give the leather "animals" the basic tokens to make them not crash when spawned, by the way, even if it's just copied from a dog or something and has a description that says what it's used for. Just for those of us that enjoy poking around in arena mode. (Afterthought - [DOES_NOT_EXIST] may be enough, actually, but then you may not be able to get their leather.)

Oh, and it's nice to see your work on this! It's encouraging me to start actually trying to flesh out my own stuff, if nothing else.
Just add [ARENA_RESTRICTED] look at the creatures in NEXT_UNDERGROUND as most have this tag

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2012, 11:42:13 am »

Is there a reason almost all of the terrain tiles' symbols in the ASCII version changed from vanilla? Rock walls are í, shrubs are ô and some other crazy things I don't know how to make...

I changed the rocks/minerals back simple enough, but is it supposed to be like that or is that because it was originally tileset only or something?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2012, 12:03:29 pm »

Is there a reason almost all of the terrain tiles' symbols in the ASCII version changed from vanilla? Rock walls are í, shrubs are ô and some other crazy things I don't know how to make...

I changed the rocks/minerals back simple enough, but is it supposed to be like that or is that because it was originally tileset only or something?
Meph probally forgort to go through all the inorganic files and make the changes back to ASCII, I had forgot to do this for that older version of my mod. Hopefully soon I will be able to make an ASCII version soon as well.

But all that I know is that Phoebus has altered:
Elves
Kobolds
Humans
Dwarves
Inorganic layer/mineral
Vermin
And some tools I think.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2012, 01:33:38 pm »

Crap. I did my new creatures and double checked the Ascii Raw creatures with the normal ones. Seemed everything in order. I never played the ascii version, so i did not notice that something is wrong. Since you did chance it back to normal you said, could you send me the chances ? email, or pm, or post them here ?

I am on my way to ecuador now, I wont be online much the next days. I will let the poll run some time, look into this thread every now and then, and see what the people want. And what bugs do show up. ;) I might work a bit on the mod, but not as fast as before. Lets see how it turns out. If anything important shows up, just write me a PM.

So long,
Meph
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:37:41 pm by Meph »

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2012, 01:44:24 pm »

I looked at your trap comp and I want to know, does it kill most of the time or wound? I want to copy your tweaks for the vanilla traps. I haven't tested it so I wouldn't know.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2012, 01:51:21 pm »

I made them a smaller size (50%) and lowered the hits of the serrated disk from 3 to 2. Raised the axeblade hits from 1 to 2. Rest is unchanged. Added 2 wooden rams, blunt and edged and added razorwire, shallow cuts...

I honestly cant tell if vanilla goblins die less easily or not, since my goblins have tapavoid. Undead survive them, even if they lose quite a few limbs. Orcs havent entered my traps yet.

But you can try them out :) I dont expect that they are a lot worse, but at least everything is a bit more useful, and not just serrated discs. btw if you add normal weapons in the traps, they just work as usual. cant nerf that without nerfing the weapons.

If you want wounds only, then let them do shallower cuts. Pain and bloodloss, but no removed limbs or chrused bones.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2012, 02:51:16 pm »

Anyone else not able to get food for embark at all?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 749