Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796609 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1920 on: March 04, 2012, 01:03:23 am »

Weird that about 2000 people downloaded it so far, and you are the first to mention it.

Are you guys talking about the Manual link?  it already worked for me

edit:  Both the GUI and the folder link work.  This computer is Vista.  Wow, this might be the first thing that works better in Vista!  Thanks for the unique experience Meph :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:15:04 am by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1921 on: March 04, 2012, 01:06:09 am »

Yes. The one in the folder. The Button in the GUI should work regardless of any outside changes.

To avoid confusion: Which systems are you running (thoth and smakemupagus) Both Win7 ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 04, 2012, 01:14:26 am »

. Weird that about 2000 people downloaded it so far, and you are the first to mention it. Took me about 10 secs to add your bat file. Works. Beautiful. Will be added for the next release. :)

I just wanted to give you the opportunity to find this yourself :)
(seems to work on german setting Desktop though)

One thing i found:
Tower shields. There are two kinds to select in the Equipment page, that look exactly the same. If i choose the first one, my dwarves wont equip ( I have traded and produced ones in my stocks) - the second (further down) seems to work though.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:20:19 am by Nimrod »
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 04, 2012, 01:26:12 am »

Also, what the hell, my dwarf was killed leaving several pages of bone Amulets Idols and Hair bracelets and so on on the floor. Where did he get those? I dont have a bone carving industry.
Migrants arrive with them. Too much jewerly = might be vampire btw.

Ah jeez. Great, that just what i need. Well, i hope he isnt a vampire, simply because hes had two children since arriving at the fort, and also arrived already married and with his father in tow.

But other than that, SUCCESS!
THE SIEGE IS OVER!

Some random ambushes occured with just "Zombie Humans" Elves and dwarves. The Zombie Drows and the newcomers immediatly fought it our, with the 20 or so Newcomers killing about 20 of the already present invaders.

However, the newcomers all died (re-died?) and the Drows decided that it might be a good idea to pack up and leave. Huzzah! Now the only problem is whether i should open the gate in the knowledge that the siege is over, or whether i should keep it shut in the knowledge that there might be more newcomers out there.

I need the wood, and the trade, and i cant get the wood out of the caverns anymore since theres a FB in there in the shape of a Scaled Earthwork that has nauseous fumes.

What do i dooooooooooooooooo.

On a unrelated note, the population boom seemes to have ended.

Edit: Scratch that, The boom is still happening. Litteraly the second i hit "Post" For this message, two girls were born.

I litteraly hit space to unpause and BANG! More baby dwarves.

EDIT2: Also, i found out that you can make stone anvils. Awesum.  >:(

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:30:26 am by JimmyBobJr »
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 04, 2012, 02:24:54 am »

To avoid confusion: Which systems are you running (thoth and smakemupagus) Both Win7 ?

Win 7 x64 English UK, hh.exe is on every windows platform going back to at least xp afaik, so should be unaffected by odd file structures, language settings etc.
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: March 04, 2012, 02:39:01 am »

Something fishy going on with the hospitals. Instead of being hauled there my wounded end up in random beds/their rooms 95% of the time.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 04, 2012, 03:25:14 am »

Something fishy going on with the hospitals. Instead of being hauled there my wounded end up in random beds/their rooms 95% of the time.

[INORGANIC:SLADE] is [UNDIGGABLE] ... okay ... how am I supoosed to get it then? o.O?

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 04, 2012, 04:22:04 am »

@thoth: In a purely manly way: I love you. I did specificly ASK if this link works, and got no negative feedback, so I assumed the link works on every machine. That people dont have my folder structure is obvious but I thought it would recognize the subfolder. THANKS. Weird that about 2000 people downloaded it so far, and you are the first to mention it. Took me about 10 secs to add your bat file. Works. Beautiful. Will be added for the next release. :)

I have somewhat improved upon the previous bat after some head scratching, use this instead;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
that'll do the same job but not leave the empty cmd window.

Cheers
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 04, 2012, 04:22:55 am »

[INORGANIC:SLADE] is [UNDIGGABLE] ... okay ... how am I supoosed to get it then? o.O?

There is a magma factory that turns a bunch of regular stone into one slade.

my problem is I think gypsum plaster is broken,  i have magma kiln and tons of yellow gypsum stones sitting around but It cancels on me, looking for gypsum stone.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 04, 2012, 04:58:09 am »

There is a magma factory that turns a bunch of regular stone into one slade.

my problem is I think gypsum plaster is broken,  i have magma kiln and tons of yellow gypsum stones sitting around but It cancels on me, looking for gypsum stone.

Slade, yes (to make heavy steel).
Slade BARS (powder first), no (for weapons).

So i guess i have to mine the stone to make the powder. The stuff that comes out of the factory cant be used for that.

EDIT: Also another question: Is it intentional that Heavy Steel doesnt have [ITEMS_ARMOR]? (so it can NOT be used for making armor)
Seems strange since even damast steel can be used for that...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:03:59 am by Nimrod »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 04, 2012, 06:31:08 am »

- Fixed shell  tanning => now produces shell  plate

Wait, tell me I misread this one...
I know most people have concerns about shells accumulating and not being of any use, but the tanning of shell (automatic by default) is a potential threat to any moody dwarf, particularily those that go into crafting.
Just lost my second to this.

If there is no way to get a shell "easily", please don't put the shell tanning into the automatic feature.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 04, 2012, 06:53:23 am »

lately the worlds ive been genning (usually gaia, tried some islands. tried some volcanoes not done good/evils yet) make me a little unhappy with their depth to caverns

in vanilla its usually what . 10~15 before the first cavern. and so on, however in the games i play here it - can - be up to 100 Z-levels difference between cavern layers

in one map i decided i survived a good 4 years on mineing / woodcuting for coal.. time to actually smelt the 500 iron i got sitting around . need some magma.. start diggin down

0.o 250 z-levels later i locate magma

srsly? so i started checking my embarks - yep . every bloody one of them was 250+ to magma

while i apprechiate the -complexity- and spending about dunno.. 8 hours working on the advanced parameters - then looking on wiki then spending even more time on it.. still cant get over the extensive depths to the cavern layers. is there a workaround so i can get it to a more reasonable number.. , honestly i'd have plenty of fun with 50. hell even 30 would be interesting - to not have to deal with a volcano spanding 80 z-levels up 1 tile ramps at a time that my caravens / immigrants / invaders LOVE to come from. -- just for magma...

on a more fun note with bottom layer 100 and 5th layer at 100 i did get some extensive.. i mean bloody extensive candy veins before the hfs

-Fairin the not looking forward to making a 250 zlevel pumpstack, angreh at his sissy golems- Overlord

rohit507

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 04, 2012, 07:44:18 am »

@meph :

Pretty please can we have a bug fix release? and then you can take a month off to do !!SCIENCE!! or whatever you want :P
Specifically, golem fear, and druids arriving with the migrants.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:48:52 am by rohit507 »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 04, 2012, 08:12:51 am »

@Fairin
you can easily change this in the world parameters.
in the second-to-last page, there are 5 "layer #" with a number, basically, reduce the first two numbers to have the first cavern closer from the top, and reduce all to 5 2 1 2 1 to have vanilla default parameters.

I personally always up these numbers in vanilla so that I can have more vertical space to build at very top and very bottom layers, so I am content of the defaults here, but now you know how to change it to your liking too.

Be aware that even in vanilla, it does happen to see some 40 levels before first cave, it is still based on some random generation, nothing is really fixed values here.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 04, 2012, 08:38:55 am »

. Weird that about 2000 people downloaded it so far, and you are the first to mention it. Took me about 10 secs to add your bat file. Works. Beautiful. Will be added for the next release. :)

One thing i found:
Tower shields. There are two kinds to select in the Equipment page, that look exactly the same. If i choose the first one, my dwarves wont equip ( I have traded and produced ones in my stocks) - the second (further down) seems to work though.

I just checked the raw item_shield_masterwork.txt - there are two entries for tower shields:

ITEM_SHIELD_TOWER_SHIELD

and

ITEM_SHIELD_TOWER

both with different values, so i am not sure whats what... maybe have a look at it meph.

cheers
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 749