Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796601 times)

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.2 NEW: Updated MAC Version
« Reply #3630 on: April 20, 2012, 02:34:26 am »

About the pole.

I like that idea, but I wouldnt play and I think that it would slow down process of improving the original MW. Never the less I think that you should do it so the other would enjoy the faster DF without MASTERWORKs addons.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3631 on: April 20, 2012, 02:46:41 am »

Thanks for the feedback, I did not think it would cause this much talk...

If MasterworkDF, with Temperature and all its features runs faster then normal DF, how fast could I tune Vanilla DF is the biggest question for me. I am not sure if many people would actually use it, since most either use the LNP, or play their favourite mod. But it is a fact that I cant reduce MasterworkDF with all Settings OFF back to vanilla. It is just to big and interlocked.

I thought about remaking the entire mod around that, a vanilla DF version as basis, and everything else optional, but the more I think about the actual coding I have to do for it, the more I think that I do have better things to do with my time ^^

I also did no modding since 1.7.2 yet, and I am still riding my bike, travelling, so the poll is more to see what the public opinion on it is. Overwhelming positive feedback might pursway me to invest more time in it, but if most people think it unnecessary... then why bother ? The thing is that I can do it, but I dont know if anyone else can find and isolate the important parts from the MasterworkDF Raws (which are a mess) as easily.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: April 20, 2012, 03:06:55 am »

I had to remove the Guildhall, since it works with transformations and changing disyplay names. This did collide with the Dwarf Therapist, as well as the Mage/Golem transformations.
Are you sure? The latest therapist works for me even with my diseases which change display names.

I thought about remaking the entire mod around that, a vanilla DF version as basis, and everything else optional, but the more I think about the actual coding I have to do for it, the more I think that I do have better things to do with my time ^^
I am making my new Genesis Total Conversion, trying to organize and clean the raws.
I estimated a VERY long development schedule, so yeah, things like these will hurt your mod development a lot.
I just plan to do it because I've been modding for a few years, and it is time to try something new, a mod which I fully control :).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:08:47 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

reilwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: April 20, 2012, 05:39:03 am »

Goblins in Masterwork were immune to traps since they had [TRAPAVOID] until the latest version (now iirc, they lost it but orcs gains it).  They're still vulnerable to spike traps, and if they're webbed eg. by web turrets they take damage.  Although a web filled trap corridor is dangerous.

Thanks, I'd overlooked that detail.

On another matter, there seems to be an odd issue going on with essence residue. After making one of my dwarves legendary, the workshop filled with 1000 essence residue. Before I realized how cluttered it was, I discovered that my dwarves were happily filling a stone stockpile with essence residue -- in spite of that stockpile only allowing tetrahedrite and natural silver ore. Is this a known issue?

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: April 20, 2012, 06:40:14 am »

Goblins in Masterwork were immune to traps since they had [TRAPAVOID] until the latest version (now iirc, they lost it but orcs gains it).  They're still vulnerable to spike traps, and if they're webbed eg. by web turrets they take damage.  Although a web filled trap corridor is dangerous.

Thanks, I'd overlooked that detail.

On another matter, there seems to be an odd issue going on with essence residue. After making one of my dwarves legendary, the workshop filled with 1000 essence residue. Before I realized how cluttered it was, I discovered that my dwarves were happily filling a stone stockpile with essence residue -- in spite of that stockpile only allowing tetrahedrite and natural silver ore. Is this a known issue?

Essence Residue is lacking any tags whatsoever, so while it's inorganic like metal ore, the stockpiles cant be set properly to refuse or accept the residue. If you remove the residue product from the reaction in the raw, then it will be impossible for the lucky dwarf to gain their legendary skill (1000 products = 1000 skill gains).
My suggestion is to open up reaction_masterwork.txt, search for REACTION:TRAIN_BEAST_CROSSBOW and replace the "PRODUCT:100:1000:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:RESIDUE" with "PRODUCT:100:1000:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:SMOKE". In theory, this should replace the residue with the cosmetic smoke from the Smoke Effect setting in the MW launcher (without needing it to be set to ON if you don't play with that setting), while still retaining the legendary skill gain.
Be sure to edit all such TRAIN_BEAST reactions this way, unless you only want legendary marksdwarves.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:43:19 am by Lockesly L`Crit »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3635 on: April 20, 2012, 08:40:34 am »

The essency residue gets an automatic job that cleans it, usually by the dwarf you is standing in the workshop. Strange that you should have it stockpiled anywhere, I gave it no tags by choice, to avoid this. Using smoke is a very, very bad idea, genning 1000 boiling stones crashes the game instantly. Thats the reason for my workaround.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:17 am »

It's not done automatically until pieces are moved to a stone/metal stockpile. And with 1000 pieces to move to and from the stockpile...

Is it possible to create them as LIQUID_GLOB just like the turret bullets? A single clean job (provided there are no Fat/Tallow stockpiles) will eliminate them all.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: April 20, 2012, 11:23:47 am »

*reads through the changes*

Wait what? Humans can make better armour and weapons than dwarfs? WHAT IS THIS INSANITY?

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: April 20, 2012, 11:34:17 am »

The essency residue gets an automatic job that cleans it, usually by the dwarf you is standing in the workshop. Strange that you should have it stockpiled anywhere, I gave it no tags by choice, to avoid this. Using smoke is a very, very bad idea, genning 1000 boiling stones crashes the game instantly. Thats the reason for my workaround.

I have this problem too. What usually happens is that a dwarf other than the one using the workshop darts in and grabs a boulder of residue immediately for the stockpile. And if I read the raws right, there have to be 1000 boulders present for the "clear residue" to work, so the other 999 just sit in place until they are stockpiled. 

DOOMCHUG

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: April 20, 2012, 12:38:36 pm »

I am getting a problem that all of the masterwork workshops are telling me that I do not have material when I do. The vanilla workshops are just fine even using the same materials. I have noticed that non-eco stone and logs are the problem. I think I might have too many options for building material that it bugs the masterwork workshops.

reilwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: April 20, 2012, 01:22:54 pm »

I have this problem too. What usually happens is that a dwarf other than the one using the workshop darts in and grabs a boulder of residue immediately for the stockpile. And if I read the raws right, there have to be 1000 boulders present for the "clear residue" to work, so the other 999 just sit in place until they are stockpiled. 

Ah, thank you, that explains much :S

I guess I'll just resort to autodump destroy then.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:25:01 pm by reilwin »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: April 20, 2012, 02:36:05 pm »

Ah, thank you, that explains much :S

I guess I'll just resort to autodump destroy then.

The way I fixed that issue was like this...  (using my own as an example)

Spoiler: Tool (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reactions (click to show/hide)

It still gives you the benefit of the huge skill gain from creating lots of products (in my case, 150), but it makes it so that the individual products are all packaged together for the clean reaction.  That way, I managed not to run into the "dwarf takes on, 999 left" problem.  Food for thought.  ;)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: April 20, 2012, 04:03:31 pm »

I got a migrant who is "demonbound", his skills are average but his description said he can destroy armies by himself, thus far he has killed things with his Sladamantine Greataxe and the only unusual thing about his is he occasionally emits a putrid stench in combat, anyone know any details about demonbound dwarfs?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3643 on: April 20, 2012, 04:49:44 pm »

Shiny, thanks narhiril, the container solution makes sense.

Demonbounds slow down nearby enemies, can vanish into the shadow, feel no fear, regenerate faster, feel less pain, have almost max strength, agility and endurance, and have an AOE attack with
      [CE_NAUSEA:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:1:END:1000]
      [CE_FEVER:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:100:PEAK:1:END:1000]
      [CE_VOMIT_BLOOD:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:250:PEAK:1:END:1000]

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: April 20, 2012, 04:51:29 pm »

Yikes, guess I'd better keep him as my militia commander then.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 749