Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796630 times)

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello fellow Masterwork Mod users! I just downloaded the new version (1.8.1); it seems to hang up on world creation at about year 46... DF just crashes... any advice or files I can upload to make debugging easier? I've tried multiple world gen presets, did a full clean install, and am out of ideas. Masterwork 1.7.2 worked just fine, so I suspect it must be something from 1.8.1?  Thanks for the help.

Are you using .34.08 of DF? Masterwork isn't updated for it yet. Try disabling the ilithids before world gen. They cause the world gen crash for most people.

Meph, for the new version could you write up exactly what the difficulty options do in the GUI? I don't think I have a good grasp on what they actually change.

irsmert

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Whoops, edited before I read your reply, thanks for the advice, it was indeed the ilithids; suddenly it makes sense why they are the only invader race turned off by default! Anywho problem solved.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile

Please stop with the computer talk and take it to PMs!  Thank you...
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, please no spamming here, but I can forgive zenerbufen for it, out of obvious reasons. ;)

@daevros: No, no furniture to wood yet. Emphasis on the yet, I have the reactions here, think of adding a bit for the next updated. And about the balancing: What about the manual ?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh god I gave stonebound dwarves the ability to fire slade bullets 100 at a time... dear god what have I done... also, on your to do list, it says that you'll add the not_living tag to dwarves so that they won't be able to be resurrected, but isn't one of the lifemancer's special abilities true ressurection? not to mention that it would take about 50% of the fun from embarking in an evil zone. one note about the spawn of holistic as an underground race, the spawn are way to weak. a single punch from a dwarf removes arms and hands, so there's some balance issues there. the spawn historically had adamantine in their claws and a natural wrestler skill of 8, I think. Another thing I noticed is that dragons keep killing themselves with their own dragonfire. something makes me think that shouldn't be happening, so I'm reporting it here. doesn't fireimmune_super make them immune to their own fire? because every time I have two dragons fighting in arena tests, one of them ends up melting. another, final issue I have is with population. any time I render a world with all races that is more than 100 years old, dwarves end up dying out while "evil" races thrive and outnumber dwarves 10-1. is there any way to have a more balanced worldgen with all races in it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Excuse me, this will be a very uncharacteristic outbreak of ranting and nerdrage, BUT:

How in hell can anyone think that 25 evil races vs. 4 good races can in any way be balanced ? I get so many reports from people saying: Oh, my, the races are inbalanced, the dwarves die... oh, and btw, I enabled 20 quadrillion invaders. The game is designed to have ONE, and just ONE evil race, goblins. And 3 good ones. Now I did my best and balanced 4 good and 5 evil races against each other, and it works. When do people realize that I do not mod the Fortress Defense mod, that even clearly states that it is inbalanced ? When do people realize that it makes no sense to enable ALL the races. Thats just ridiculus, take 2-3, play with default and you have 5, play with more and it is no surprise that the good ones get overrun.

/rant.

Sorry for that, and that you, jesusmod, were the target, but enough is enough. This question was asked and answered just a few pages ago. And before that... and before that... and so on. About the rest: dragons dont kill themselves with their own dragonfire, but can die by dragonfire of another creature. Spawn of Hollistic I would rewrite of course. 

EDIT: PS: There is a difference between    [IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION and [IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION], so the idea to bless dwarves so they are not made zombies would work.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:57:23 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I realized it in my first play!  :D

Just out of curiosity, that's how I configured my first MasterworkDF experience :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still undecided about creepers, but I think I'll take the risk.

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

to be honest, I'm just amazed at how fast the reply was. now that I think about it, you're right about what you said there. it just weirded me out a bit because in my 31.25 worlds with tons of hostile races, the population was still pretty high. I guess it's just those worldgen improvements. I also didn't know the difference between the fit for animation and resurrection tags, and I thought you were just going to give them the not living tag. thanks for clearing up that confusion there. I was worried that knowledge would make me forever think of dwarves past that update as weird undead things. :)

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Just a quick question: What do you guys think ?

A custom tileset for the mod, using the same font, you can even see it now in the descriptions, or everywhere with Truetype off (although truetype still looks much better). Ironhand plants, the "globs" lying around the map, mostly turret ammo, now looks like ammo, the chains/barrels have a background floor tile, vermin/demons/spiders look a bit different, minerals, coal and jewels dont stand out so much, the entire thing is based on phoebus, but looks darker. I also made a custom tile for the armor/helmets/boots that I personally prefer to the phoebus solution. The tileset is 24*24.

Yo Meph, I am all for a new tileset and am interested to see what could be done with a 24x24 layout.  It might be to big though...not sure.  Anyway, the one, and only thing I saw that I didn't care for is the symbols in the stone walls.  I prefer it when the wall still looks like stone but has a different color and/or pattern to designate ore (for some reason this does not bother me with gems, maybe because they are rarer.)  This is why I prefer Ironhand over Phoebus.

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, as much as I hate to play without DFHack it looks like it might be a while till it comes out. Maybe you could go ahead and release a version with all the new changes without DFHack, so we can at least test the new stuff and see how it works with 0.34.08 while we wait?  :)

Vanilla is sooo dull, and Masterwork is my new addiction...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:08:49 pm by Draevos »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Patience is a virtue. The update is done, and will be made aviable as soon as dfhack updates as well. No matter if it is today, or in a week.

edit: -snip- because wtf am I doing... rl stuff is rl stuff, has nothing to do here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:38:38 pm by Meph »

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I hope the DFHack team gets their act together, soon. Speaking of rl I'm starting a new job soon. That's why I'm so impatient. I'd like to get as much FUN in as possible before then.  :P

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile

Hey Meph, just like to say that I've been playing modded games for many moons (since the Oblivion days) and you have got to be one of the most helpful and considerate modders I've ever encountered! They way you sorted out that guy with the leather bound books so quickly was very impressive, I think a lot of people don't realise how good they have it with this mod.

So yeah, sorry I complained about the dragons being unbalanced before doing my research, think I've sorted out a nice new safer world now!

Only issue I've having now is I can't find a lot of the information I'm looking for about this mod, like what does an Overseer do? How exactly do tree farms work? They seem to take more then a season to grow trees and I never see them mature into trees for cutting in the timber yard. I looked in the manual but I can only find scraps of information mostly about the options on the launcher. Tears of Amork, can I mount them in something to make a new font/spring? I read I can fill buckets with them but I'm not sure how.

So is there another manual or wiki somewhere I haven't found yet? Anyone? Thanks!

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile

By the way, regarding the balance of good and evil in world gen, would it not be possible to create a 'double dwarf', 'double elf' etc options where basically a new race is added which is just an exact copy of the existing elves or dwarves? That way with the dwarves, elves, humans and drow you can double up the number of good races to the equivalent of 8 (although there will only actually be 4 races). Just an idea.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I hope the DFHack team gets their act together, soon.
Also Therapist and graphics packs. There is lots of stuff to update, and they are all doing it for you for free. :) Patience. I'm eagerly awaiting the pieces to come together that I will need for next mac update. In the meantime there is always off topic Sorry, Meph already forgave me once, I'm not going there again :p

By the way, regarding the balance of good and evil in world gen, would it not be possible to create a 'double dwarf', 'double elf'

An x [number] multiplier for each race would be insanely cool. e.g. we could do a Dwarf x3 Goblin x5 Orc x1 human x1 elf x1 Drow x1 everything else off world gen. Good vs Evil could even be grouped in the interface and have it count up both sides and provide a warning is unbalanced. edit: or changeable! I'm envisioning two side by side lists of races "Enabled and Disabled" and 'Add +1 as good / Add +1 as evil / Remove race' options

How would you code that, with multiple entries, or adjust population levels?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:53:58 am by zenerbufen »
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 749