Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796645 times)

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #4770 on: June 04, 2012, 08:28:26 am »

I agree with these two posters. Would be good if all the Masterwork modifications would be included in separate files, not inserted among vanilla RAWs. That would probably make it easier to to choose different features separately from the GUI too.

There's way too much of weird stuff for my taste currently, with all the cannonballs and pet golems turning up from out of nowhere.

Also the ability to revert back to plain vanilla would be appreciated by many I'm sure.

To revert back to plain vanilla:

1. Download vanilla DF
2. Run DF from vanilla folder
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:32:31 am by richieelias »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: June 04, 2012, 08:56:03 am »

Sometimes, I start with more embark points than average. Anywhere from 1274 to 1700, maybe more. Is this a bug or feature? I have screenshots to prove it, but I'm posting from work.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Rossol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: June 04, 2012, 10:22:22 am »

I have "...cancel seeking infant:to injured" spam, because one of my military gave birth to a kid, when resting in hospital. Not sure if its vanilla bug or not.
And got that bug when they bright meats of kill'd berserker/maniac dwarf to coffin, and cant put it inside, I ended up just dumb all his meats to lava.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:50:44 pm by Rossol »

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: June 04, 2012, 11:05:44 am »

Sometimes, I start with more embark points than average. Anywhere from 1274 to 1700, maybe more. Is this a bug or feature? I have screenshots to prove it, but I'm posting from work.

I've had that too, not sure if it's vanilla or not.

I'm having trouble with wards going missing. Somebody else mentioned it before, I embarked with 2, 1 went missing early on so I locked the other one in a small room just to make sure some sneaky goblin didn't knife it in a panic to escape or a horse kick it or something. 2 years on.. went missing too.

Major problem is that in my other game when I got the queen move in I stopped getting diplomats so I couldn't order more wards and then I'm totally at them mercy of plagues and other such fun.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: June 04, 2012, 11:15:18 am »

I've had that too, not sure if it's vanilla or not.

I'm having trouble with wards going missing. Somebody else mentioned it before, I embarked with 2, 1 went missing early on so I locked the other one in a small room just to make sure some sneaky goblin didn't knife it in a panic to escape or a horse kick it or something. 2 years on.. went missing too.

Major problem is that in my other game when I got the queen move in I stopped getting diplomats so I couldn't order more wards and then I'm totally at them mercy of plagues and other such fun.

Wards have a life span of 2 years on average. They are probably dying of old age.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: June 04, 2012, 12:16:40 pm »

I agree with these two posters. Would be good if all the Masterwork modifications would be included in separate files, not inserted among vanilla RAWs. That would probably make it easier to to choose different features separately from the GUI too.

There's way too much of weird stuff for my taste currently, with all the cannonballs and pet golems turning up from out of nowhere.

Also the ability to revert back to plain vanilla would be appreciated by many I'm sure.

To revert back to plain vanilla:

1. Download vanilla DF
2. Run DF from vanilla folder

Oh, that was a typo or a brainfart by me, sorry :)

The ability to the ability to revert features back to plain vanilla.

Which is kind of the same thing I meant with my first paragraph... ::)

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: June 04, 2012, 12:55:17 pm »

Wards have a life span of 2 years on average. They are probably dying of old age.

Yeah that's probably it, could be a bit of a problem if you stop getting dwarf diplomats, no way to defend against various types of fun.

*edit*

Looking at the wiki it turns out that it's true you don't get a dwarf liaison once the king has arrived. So basically if you want to play with disease or secret !fun! turned on make sure you never give more the 5k in offerings to the caravan. Unfortunately I've already messed up and given him 10k so I guess I'll just have to avoid building any more roads.

I'll stop going on about it now because I know Meph is busy but basically having the king and disease/secrets is incompatible unless the dwarf caravans keep bringing you the last thing you ordered after the king arrives. Don't suppose if anybody knows if that is true? or does it reset to defaults? 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:08:22 pm by SAFry »

CapnCanary

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: June 04, 2012, 01:40:44 pm »

I'm having trouble with the furniture workshop since the most recent update*. It will let me make all the wooden sets, and the stone living room, dining room, and graveyard sets. It won't let me make anything else, even though I have the necessary reagents to make many of the others. I thought at first it might not be recognizing my cloth (that seemed to be the major change to the reactions), but it won't even let me make stone storage sets and I have piles of non-economic blocks, so I'm not sure what's going on.

*I skipped a few updates in the middle, so it might not be the most recent update that caused the problem.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: June 04, 2012, 02:15:55 pm »

If you are generating your world using the Advanced World Generating feature, then that could explain it.  You can set how many embark points you have in there somewhere.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: June 04, 2012, 02:32:24 pm »

If you are generating your world using the Advanced World Generating feature, then that could explain it.  You can set how many embark points you have in there somewhere.

No. Firstly, it randomizes, so I can get 1300 and the 1570 in the samwe world. Secondly, all of Meph's worldgens have 1274 set as the embark points.

Shawarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: June 04, 2012, 03:09:03 pm »

@Meph

You sonova....

I finally decided to try out Masterwork after Diablo got boring. With it, you went and ruined vanilla dwarf fortress for me. Thanks a lot.

VIVA LA MASTERWORK!

-Shawarma

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: June 04, 2012, 04:13:43 pm »

I'm having trouble with the furniture workshop since the most recent update*. It will let me make all the wooden sets, and the stone living room, dining room, and graveyard sets. It won't let me make anything else, even though I have the necessary reagents to make many of the others. I thought at first it might not be recognizing my cloth (that seemed to be the major change to the reactions), but it won't even let me make stone storage sets and I have piles of non-economic blocks, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Might be the burrow bug?  Try issuing the build order via the jobs menu and see if that works.  If it does, some of your ingredients are in a separate burrow from the workshop so the workaround is to move the ingredients, or just use the jobs menu for that reaction.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: June 04, 2012, 04:46:14 pm »

Hey i turned off invaders for two seasons, and turned them on again, but there are no invaders coming anymore, and i have all known races with a P"eace" in the civilisation tab.
Any hints? Or is this a bug, thought i can toogle it on / off but its only kinda one way *,*

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: June 04, 2012, 05:26:54 pm »

Damn, I don't have any wards and a dozen dwarves are suffering from breast cancer. I think I already lost the first person. Why cancer? Why must you be contagious in DF?!

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: June 04, 2012, 05:43:09 pm »

So every time I make a stone stockpile near the forges and only turn on the "Metal ore" category and turn the rest off, dwarves always bring collapsed bricks to the stockpile. Bug, or what?
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 749