Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796633 times)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #4965 on: June 12, 2012, 04:21:48 am »

i thought fire clay is disabled in MW with less soil... At least then i dissected RAWs of MW 1.9.2 it was so.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4966 on: June 12, 2012, 12:26:34 pm »

It is. There should only be SAND_TAN and CLAY, with both working fine. But I can check the fireclay...

And thanks smakemupagus for the reports, will be fixed. I actually left the 5 warbeasts into the wild, but with a very low frequency. And you are right, the transmutation reaction accepts anything if the fitting raw is missing.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: June 12, 2012, 02:46:05 pm »

As i said, for the first time i played without  the less soil option. now, when i try to set up a zone on fire clay, it says there are 0 clay tiles in it

Urist McHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hammer_Time]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: June 12, 2012, 07:09:19 pm »

This looks really great!
But unfortunately, it crashes everytime i gen a world...   ???
Anus McDavid and the Bronze Colossus
Magic is inherently overpowered that's the point. You don't get to yell "ZOMG HAX" at Merlin or Zeus, since, yeah, ridiculous hax is the whole idea of what magic is. - Aquillion
EAT DEPLETED URANIUM, BASTARD!

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: June 12, 2012, 07:56:12 pm »

This looks really great!
By your first line, I'd say you're new at MW. Disable Illithids from the GUI before you start, they like to crash worldgen.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

PenguinCakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: June 12, 2012, 08:40:36 pm »

Hey guys, are there any massive changes to Elves/Humans in MW?  I've only traded with the elves so far(I assume that is because I settled in a place with no nearby human civilization) and they appear to be the same old bunch, offering wooden goods and exotic animals.  The only notable difference I saw was that their guards were more thoroughly equipped in mithiril armor.

Does this also mean that elves now are more powerful to face up against in sieges?

(I would not mind this, not at all, FYI)

Urist McHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hammer_Time]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: June 12, 2012, 08:46:38 pm »

This looks really great!
By your first line, I'd say you're new at MW. Disable Illithids from the GUI before you start, they like to crash worldgen.
Thank you my kind dorf!
That fixed the problem!
 ;D
Anus McDavid and the Bronze Colossus
Magic is inherently overpowered that's the point. You don't get to yell "ZOMG HAX" at Merlin or Zeus, since, yeah, ridiculous hax is the whole idea of what magic is. - Aquillion
EAT DEPLETED URANIUM, BASTARD!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4972 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:01 pm »

Elves are a lot more tough, because they have metals and several new bow and ammo types. Mostly though because of their new pets. Elves trade ALL exotic pets, that includes 5 very powerful ones that they even bring in sieges.

@UristMCHammer: Good to see the problem fixed. Note that I wrote that down in the first post, just next to the download link ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: June 12, 2012, 08:55:41 pm »

Elves are a lot more tough, because they have metals and several new bow and ammo types. Mostly though because of their new pets. Elves trade ALL exotic pets, that includes 5 very powerful ones that they even bring in sieges.

@UristMCHammer: Good to see the problem fixed. Note that I wrote that down in the first post, just next to the download link ;)

Elves are combat-worthy?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dfhack Fixdiplomats allows elves to declare war, right?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4974 on: June 12, 2012, 09:06:55 pm »

Yes, but you dont need dfhack for this. I have added diplomats back in the raws, they should be able to start wars already.

PenguinCakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: June 12, 2012, 09:09:43 pm »

That's definitely both good and frightening at the same time.

How different are humans if any in MW?  I haven't had the experience of trading with them yet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4976 on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:00 pm »

And so quote the manual:

Humans are great inventors and might trade you a blueprint for their buildings. These are needed building materials for two adv. furnaces: The weaponry and the armory. They also discovered the use of gunpowder and sell you blueprints for those. 

Unique: Humans bring the tome of life. This magic tome allows your dwarves to learn the blessing of life, and trains holy warriors that can put the undead to rest.

Instruments: Humans bring long Trumpets, Harmonicas and Violins.

Crates: Humans trade metal crates, armor crates, clothing and gun/ammo crates.

Guns: Humans can sell you simple guns, the musket and the flint-lock pistol. The better version you have to produce yourself. They also sell a unique gun and the fitting ammo: Handcannons and cannonballs. These do heavy blunt damage to the target.

Blueprints: Humans also trade blueprints. Your architects needs these to build upgrade buildings, the weaponry, armory, gunsmith and ammunition mint. A magma version of each is also aviable.

Materials: Humans bring a big selection of materials, but nothing special.

Weapons: Humans use the full range of melee and ranged weapons. Two-handed weapons and javelin throwers should be no surprises to you. Guns and handcannons are traded by them as well.

Armor: Their armor, while having fancy names, are not better or worse then those of other races. The only exception is the plate armor and the tower shield, both belong to the better items in the game.

To make it short: Be prepared for rosegold-armor wearing imperial rifleguards. 8) If they have handcannons... beware.

Flavio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: June 13, 2012, 07:20:38 am »

I've found this mod yesterday and so far is really good, but I've found an 'problem', in the worldgen parameters of the 'Garden of Gaia' there are 1274 embark points, when i'm embarking, if I choose prepare carefully i have 1349 embark points, if I choose  one of the pre-sets embark profiles i have almost 2000 embark points. It's not really a problem but I'm confused about how this could happen.
The mod seems great so far, great job!

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: June 13, 2012, 10:12:16 am »

only one short question: How do cave beetles reproduce? They are not laying eggs, but i have them crawling around for 5 years now and no little bugs.... is there something special i have to do with them?

Also, i would like to point out thaqt you should give the male and female versions of the new animals different names. I was really confused on embark, wich cave beetle i should take in vast numbers and which one i can only take one for my bug-farm.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: June 13, 2012, 11:44:43 am »

only one short question: How do cave beetles reproduce? They are not laying eggs, but i have them crawling around for 5 years now and no little bugs.... is there something special i have to do with them?

Also, i would like to point out thaqt you should give the male and female versions of the new animals different names. I was really confused on embark, wich cave beetle i should take in vast numbers and which one i can only take one for my bug-farm.

I must admit I've never had much luck getting them to bread either.

Regarding the embark issues, it has been noted before that there is a bit of variation with the embark points, I don't know if it's because of the extra seeds etc. Sometimes it even buys all fungiwood stuff which costs loads more. I usually just take it as a random factor, you get what you get.

When choosing males and females if you look for hens and roosters and see which one is at the top of the list and which one is at the bottom: all the other genders are the same. I can't remember if it's male first then female but anyway they're all in the same order, hope that helps. Still, with the Ironhand tile set the had a little male and female symbol next to them which was better.
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 749