Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1799855 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 -Poll about new races
« Reply #5685 on: July 15, 2012, 09:39:26 pm »

in entity_default you have a section that looks like this   

[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:FORCED]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_MAIL_SHIRT:FORCED]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER:FORCED]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD] <= runic robe

Sometimes your civilization doesn't know about rune robes, since they don't have a rarity token, they default to "common" level of rarity.  If you make it

[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD:FORCED]

then they should be available always.  someone will correct me if i'm wrong but i'm 99% sure that takes a world re-gen

Bouchacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: July 15, 2012, 10:33:26 pm »

Might I suggest Haowan's set?
Yes you might. It uses standard ascii settings in the raws I take it ? It will be really easy to add, but I thought that vherids extra ascii set would be more then sufficient.

The issue with vherid's set is that it's very pixelated. Here's a comparison, with the color scheme I use. Everything looks crystal clear to me with this set-up:

Kandryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - NEW POLL - Future of the Mod
« Reply #5687 on: July 16, 2012, 04:28:10 am »

Hello there,

Played a lot this weekend so here's a list of things I noticed that seem bugged.

It would really help to know where in the stockpiles menus many of the new items are. Like for example crates, or armorplates, or runes. Maybe a mini-guide?

The thing is there's no filter in the stockpiles for a lot of new items, and some seems broken.

For example, pulleys, created in the trap engineer workshop end up in a finished good stockpile, but they are not listed in it.

Another problem: Axe blades are listed 3 times in the trap components tab of the weapon/trap stockpile (I guessed one entry per kind of axe blade->normal, spring loaded, mechanized)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But no axe blades of any kind are hauled to a stockpile that i setup for them. Further investigation led me to the fact that if you disable the weapon tab in a weapon/trap stockpile, no axe blades are hauled to them, while they are trap components which is another tab.

Also, all alchemy related stuff really need stockpile filters. Mortar and pestle are constantly hauled from finished good pile to the workshop, bags of magnesium and salt end up in a furniture stockpile next to sand bag, totally untraceable.

There's also a major problem when using bin in a stockpile, but that may be Vanilla DF related. Dwarves bring the bin to the place where they gather items to be put in the bin. Consequently, if you have some items in a bin that is being hauled then any workshop reaction needing items in that bin are marked as unavailable until the bin is back to the stockpile.
 I'd really like to have my dwarves haul items to the bin which would stay in a stockpile, tried using forbid on placed bin, but the dwarves just haul a fresh bin form the furniture stockpile and use it.

Finally, anyone could tell me how they setup their marksman militia in every aspect. I've trouble with training mine.
I've given mine multiple archery range, places declared as training area for their squad, large amount of bolts in stockpile, quiver cleaned of any unwanted ammo,xbow equipped, squad order set as training  and STILL, they don't shoot at the archery range, at all, in 3 years.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:51:07 am by Kandryn »

DrStalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: July 16, 2012, 05:08:22 am »

Finally, anyone could tell me how they setup their marksman militia in every aspect. I've trouble with training mine.
I've given mine multiple archery range, places declared as training area for their squad, large amount of bolts in stockpile, quiver cleaned of any unwanted ammo,xbow equipped, squad order set as training  and STILL, they don't shoot at the archery range, at all, in 3 years.

I had that problem in vanilla; I eventually fixed it by setting the squad to inactive, at which point they wandered over and trained a little.  They leveled up so painfully slowly that I gave up.

My plan in masterwork is to train dwarves up with melee weapons and then switch to a ranged weapon that used  the same skill, avoiding the pain of melee training. 

Kandryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: July 16, 2012, 05:16:16 am »

Do you also have your hunters constantly getting bolts from your ammo stockpile, walking away 2 tiles then going back to deposit them? This may be related to ammo  management.

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: July 16, 2012, 08:53:40 am »

The bin behavior appears to be a "feature" of the new hauling system in vanilla. Highly annoying initially but I've more or less gotten used to it. Since it seems bins can now store unlimited cloth, I've basically given up on trying to maintain an orderly cloth stockpile, just set one up temporarily to gather them up then remove it so they don't constantly move them around. And my seed/plant stockpiles don't use barrels.

Bouchacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: July 16, 2012, 09:31:32 am »

Meph, I really love the crematorium building, it's a fantastic feature. What about adding the option of making "fuel" (charcoal/coke) out of tallow? I'm not sure if that's realistic, although I know you can use tallow to make diesel.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: July 16, 2012, 10:27:03 am »

Do you also have your hunters constantly getting bolts from your ammo stockpile, walking away 2 tiles then going back to deposit them? This may be related to ammo  management.

That's an issue that's persistent even in vanilla.

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: July 16, 2012, 10:56:09 am »

Just found something interesting.
1) Hellfire turrets can shoot through a fortification, over a 2 wide drawbridge, followed by a 1 wide moat.  (The DB's where used to block the siteline of the turret)
2) Hellfire turrets nicely roast frost giants.
3) Hellfire turrets destroy the DB's.
4) Hellfire turrets can destroy your main DB if it is in the line of fire.
5) Hellfire turrets can destroy your paved roads.
6) Trees burn for a LONG time.

I create a little u shaped set of fortifications outside of my front DB.  A moat was dug around the fortifications.  3 DB's were used to block the fortifications from the rest of the landscape.  Stuck a hellfire turret in the fortifications.  When a frost giant came, I lowered the DB's and the world burned!
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: July 16, 2012, 12:14:26 pm »

are there towers in Masterwork secrets?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Marshbaboon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: July 16, 2012, 12:15:24 pm »

Have the brewery reactions been disabled? I seem to only be able to distill blood into wine, I can't refine with sugar.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5696 on: July 16, 2012, 12:25:35 pm »

Have the brewery reactions been disabled? I seem to only be able to distill blood into wine, I can't refine with sugar.
Brewery? Suger can be an issue, try making syrup from sweet pods instead of suger (unless Meph has done a poor butcher job of my Brewery methods, then that maybe ueseless)
See the reaction looks for suger in a bag, thing is suger is bagged, then the bag is put in a barrel. And the reaction goes "Da Fuq?"

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: July 16, 2012, 12:58:06 pm »

Military Uniform
I've been trying to work out the best military uniform in Masterwork, I think it's this:
(edit: added a few more layers, heavily tested everything except robes)

If anyone has managed to get better equipped dwarves, please share :)
According to the manual Tower Shields have the best block rate, you can either order them from the humans or make them at the Armory forge by adding metal plates to a round shield. Other than that looks good!

DrStalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: July 16, 2012, 02:09:10 pm »

Sometimes your civilization doesn't know about rune robes, since they don't have a rarity token, they default to "common" level of rarity.  If you make it

[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD:FORCED]

then they should be available always.  someone will correct me if i'm wrong but i'm 99% sure that takes a world re-gen

Thanks, that and a world-gen fixed the issue.

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: July 16, 2012, 02:32:28 pm »

Dear warlock necromancer,

Thank you for raising those corpses and then getting into a fight with them.  My dwarves really enjoyed watching the battle.

-----

I don't think the warlocks should arrive mounted... they are now fighting their zombified mounts.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 749