Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796659 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7005 on: September 25, 2012, 01:25:34 pm »

Well, i dont know, and i will not complain about faster dwarfs.

I hope vanilla entities are on you priority list, somewhere really high. I have 30 golems and 20 turrets waiting for attackers, they will get murdered...

Also, remove the thing that golems attack eachother when pastured in a too small area, makes having them around micro- intensive
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:28:18 pm by Firehawk45 »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: September 25, 2012, 01:34:50 pm »

no, that a dfhack feature. Make a hotkey F1, call it "digvein" and add no zoom. Just press F1 ingame and you run digvein. It's just hotkeys for dfhack.

oh, i see.  is it possible to turn it off?  i produce enough error messages on my own ^^

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: September 25, 2012, 01:51:59 pm »

He can't remove it. It's hardcoded. This behavior applies to all stray animals.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: September 25, 2012, 02:01:18 pm »

I cant remember golems fighting EACHOTHER in the old version....
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:35:06 pm by Firehawk45 »

atazs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: September 25, 2012, 02:09:01 pm »

Hmm is it normal that when i hit tears of armok but didnt mine it out it started to produce water until i eventually did mine it out?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: September 25, 2012, 02:11:21 pm »

yep, it is, they are aquifiers, try to mine the gem itself, that solves the problem

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: September 25, 2012, 03:14:56 pm »

I cant remember golems fighting in the old version....

I sure do! They did a fantastic job in the community fort as entrance guards. Awesome ambush detectors, and while they didn't do much damage, they could take a lot of pounding, unlike wardogs and silly things like that.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: September 25, 2012, 03:36:10 pm »

I cant remember golems fighting EACHOTHER in the old version....

I sure do! They did a fantastic job in the community fort as entrance guards. Awesome ambush detectors, and while they didn't do much damage, they could take a lot of pounding, unlike wardogs and silly things like that.

I fixed that for you :)

And they are better now, 5 golems killed two ettins and various thiefs, year 4, still no siege, i hate vanilla entities :D

BadMonkey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: September 26, 2012, 12:11:28 am »

Without the blast furnace, is the magma crucible the only place to make steel in large (ish) quantities?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: September 26, 2012, 02:05:08 am »

I think the only ways are to either use the crucible or be really old school and just use the smelter. You still need the crucible to turn coarse iron into iron though. Just have more furnace operators and you can crank out steel at the same rate as the blast furnace.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: September 26, 2012, 02:14:39 am »

I think the only ways are to either use the crucible or be really old school and just use the smelter. You still need the crucible to turn coarse iron into iron though. Just have more furnace operators and you can crank out steel at the same rate as the blast furnace.

Simply put, nothing is true in this post.
- The smelter can't make alloys anymore. You do that at the metallurgist, steel included.
- Coarse iron is no more, it's ore -> iron again, same as vanilla.
- The crucible is used for high-grade metals, it has nothing to do with iron in the new version.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: September 26, 2012, 05:30:31 am »

I was sieged by warwolfs - but the "siege" status never went away after they all died and I didn't get new migrants in nearly 2 years now... any way to fix it without losing my current game?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: September 26, 2012, 07:17:21 am »

Simply put, nothing is true in this post.
- The smelter can't make alloys anymore. You do that at the metallurgist, steel included.
- Coarse iron is no more, it's ore -> iron again, same as vanilla.
- The crucible is used for high-grade metals, it has nothing to do with iron in the new version.
Ah sorry about that, I was talking about the non alpha version.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7018 on: September 26, 2012, 10:17:28 am »

No worries torgan (and ishar), just say which version you are talking about the next time :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: September 26, 2012, 01:16:26 pm »

Ok, I'm stuck, with no luck searching on how to get workflow to manage my grind mithril (and other arc furnace metals) to powder jobs.

Anyone get that to work?  POWDER_MISC//MITHRIL  it's a recognized item, but not tied to the expected job and that's the best I could find.  (Using 1.9.5 btw)

Thanks!

Also just so I am tracking.... is ALPHA the 2.0 with a whole re-design?
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 749