Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1799873 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8550 on: January 14, 2013, 04:48:36 am »

Milkbot: Sounds like a good idea. I also plan to do mineral oils, once the chemistry is fleshed out a bit more.

Shadowlop: Takes 1 year for underground plants. Use fertilizer... adv mode thing is noted, I will add something.

nekronuke: What exactly is the problem? The included orc embark cant find orc related items?

Hiiri: Because you have 10000 embark points, no demons, no nightcreatures, no werebeasts or vampires and no interactions/rains in evil regions.

arclance: Good idea, I will do that.

bigD145: Wasnt me. Its the alphabets fault :P

Tally: As Vherid stated, the tileset has simply be renamed, to Vherid. Mostly to give better credit to the author. ;)

Lt_Alfred: Well thank you good sir. :)

I am playing a fort atm... and just so you guys know, this is my farming area, for 35 dwarves. AND REMEMBER BOOZEBELLY GOATS. They are cheap and make booze. And even food in an emergency.

I also got a migrant with only ONE name. Not "Urist McUrist", but only "Urist". I have never seen that before... anyone knows whats up with that ? And that the name is coincidenceshady doesnt help him avoiding my attention. ^^
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:51:44 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Labraid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: January 14, 2013, 05:41:21 am »

I also had a guy like that recently, a gem savant. So far he behaved nicely, so its nothing bad probably.

I wanted to look him up in a cheated (secrets on) therapist but that would probably spoil some !fun for me as my fort tends to attract a lot of unwanted attention and discovering it by such means is not my style.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8552 on: January 14, 2013, 05:56:52 am »

Therapist cant show those, not even with the "highlight cursed dwarves"  8)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

OverlordTNT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: January 14, 2013, 07:04:10 am »

meph, i hate to criticise you, but your good region revivals suck. dwarves(and hostiles) keep rezzing and dying, causing unhappy thoughts for each death. use LFR's revival mechanic.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: January 14, 2013, 08:48:55 am »

Has the Linux version been updated? The download says this is the .2f version, but when I try to turn off grazing I still get the "tropicl.txt missing" pop-up.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: January 14, 2013, 09:29:02 am »

I wonder how good is volcanic equipment when compared to steel or adamantine. Anyway it's the stuff you craft in the Great Magma Forge so I'm having high expectations ;)

Also another question: what steel mechanisms I need to build for the steel golem casts? Since the steel mechanisms from gunsmith don't work.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:33:27 am by fungee »
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: January 14, 2013, 09:40:43 am »

Has the Linux version been updated? The download says this is the .2f version, but when I try to turn off grazing I still get the "tropicl.txt missing" pop-up.
There is a mediafire link in the first post but Meph did not update his sig to match.
I would guess that dffd is not taking his upload since it got larger than 50MiB with the additional tilesets.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:48:49 am by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: January 14, 2013, 09:46:06 am »

For some reason, the Kobolds Shalswars (The Pets) don't show up under z -> Animals

Edit: Also, the hotkeys for the Wood Processor and the Sawmill conflict in Kobold Camps (both W)

Edit2: About the Shalswars: They seem to be missing the [PET] token. Maybe that causes weirdness when the creatures have a Pet-Creature-class and are trainable?

Edit3: Yes, that fixed it. Reminder for next update: Add [PET] to [CREATURE:SHALSWAR] in creature_monster_masterwork ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:37:54 am by CheatingChicken »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: January 14, 2013, 10:43:40 am »

Is anthracite supposed to be in veins? I mean, im not complaining, but so much coke! :D

Cant use the antracite.... I can queue the "make coke(12)" reaction, a dwarf will cancel the job and say he doesnt have antracite. Bad thing the antracite lies right behind the smelter -.-
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:06:29 am by Firehawk45 »

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: January 14, 2013, 10:57:05 am »

I also got a migrant with only ONE name.

Nothing to worry about, i've gotten dozens of those and none of them have caused any trouble. If i remember correctly a single name used to be a good indicator of a vampiric dwarf in vanilla df but have had none of those in my fort while playing masterwork.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8560 on: January 14, 2013, 11:17:05 am »

Firehawk45; Yes and no. It usually is in small cluster, with a 100% drop-rate, The veins should only have a 25% droprate, so the endresult should not be much more anthracite, but it should be easier to find. I hope it doesnt drop a boulder 100% of the time, that would be overkill.

CheatingChicken: Thanks. Will be fixed, both the wood processor and the pet tag. I am surprised that you can buy them, if they lack the tag... Most buildings will be "koboldy-fied" meaning I want to change some designs, names and such. Dont want them to have dwarven stuff.

arclance: I checked, the linux version you packed is updated. And the dffd linux file still says V2d, and the link in my sig has no version number...

jellsprout: Same thing,  I checked, the linux version is updated. And the dffd linux file still says V2d, and the link in my sig has no version number... so I dont whats wrong. You didnt download 2f thats all.

fungee: Steel mechanisms from the gunsmith should work. Otherwise just make them in the forge, under trapcomps. Casts need 10 bars btw, maybe you need more of those. Volcanic you can see in the manual, in the inorganic section. It is the third strongest, after bifrost and adamantine. It should be enough to kill every type of invader I modded in. It also does extra damage against frost giants.

OverlordTNT: I have no problem with criticism. Are you sure this is a problem in 2f ? I did get a report about resurrection spam, and the instant death of resurrected dwarves, but I made major changes to the interaction. It shouldnt happen anymore. So please report back to me with the version number. And narhiril does not use resurrection in regional interactions.

I also noticed some fancy stuff with the profession name for craftsmen. If changed, it will take the profession name even for all references. The building "Craftsdwarf's Workshop" will be renamed and artefacts will say "all craftsmanship is of the highest quality", with the profession name in it. So the kobolds have a Craftbolds Workshops, and all craftsboldship is of highest quality. ^^

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And found a vanilla bug which is new to me... I build a giant bridge to the map-edge and my depot was only accessable from that bridge. I did it to spawn caravans with their wagons on there. Doesnt work. The game will state that the traders bring no wagons, even if the green W (from the "D" screen) will claim that the depot can be accessed. I guess its because the bridge ends in mid-air, if seen from outside of my embark tiles. Anyone knows if this is a known bug (and/or wanted feature?)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:26:10 am by Meph »

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: January 14, 2013, 11:31:18 am »

I clicked the link in the original post and downloaded the file from mediafire. The rar file contains v2f in its name, so I assume I downloaded the correct file. I'll try to download it again to see if it makes a difference.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8562 on: January 14, 2013, 11:45:46 am »

You are right. I do have a MasterworkDF_v2f_Linux_Patched_2013-01-13.rar and a MasterworkDF_v2f_Linux_Patched_2013-01-12.rar on the desktop, and the one on mediafire does have the old GUI in it. Must have been a misclick, thanks for the report. I send you a PM once the upload is done.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: January 14, 2013, 12:16:28 pm »

Still, Antracite not accepted by dwarves. Did everything i could with it, tinkered with stockpiles, reassigned dwarves, dropped the anthracite INTO the smelter... Still cancellation.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8564 on: January 14, 2013, 12:22:40 pm »

What about manager and/or burrows ? I know anthracite works, I have it in my current testfort.
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 749